Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

A noble hole enshittens the smallest man

e: Apparently the quote is 'a noble spirit' so this pun doesn't work but the post already sucked so I'm gonna leave it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's a perfectly cromulent post.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Page 1245 successfully enshittened, beshittened by The Wicked ZOGA already in the first post!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Phlegmish posted:

That person actually came back and I guess got embroiled in the Lowtax drama somehow. He could have spent that $10 on a pizza, but he didn't, that's how much of a loyal goon he is.

Bullets cost $10 each now?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Unshittened. Shitterized. lovely. In My poo poo.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

A noble hole enshittens the smallest man

e: Apparently the quote is 'a noble spirit' so this pun doesn't work but the post already sucked so I'm gonna leave it
"Sphincter" or "sit-split" could have worked.

gently caress that web up GPT-3 shitheels,
Push that hustle watch that content scroll!
That a shitshow might enshitten the Internet,
That a shiiit might enshitten his souuuul
His souuul
His souuul

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Tesseraction posted:

the smartest people at flat earth dot org

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Antigravitas posted:

So what's the Internet equivalent of Uncletopia?

what if I told you... you're posting in it :cool:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jedit posted:

Imagine being more racist than the US government.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Son of Rodney posted:

Hell yes my ruse worked. Hope you enjoyed it, you rube, you absolute fool.
:negative:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

LazyMaybe posted:

you're posting on something awful dot com

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Does anyone know what anyone means when they say this

sebmojo posted:

I always hear it like an fm radio station ident

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you're posting on something awful dot com, with Jeffrey (SFX: honk-shoo, honk-shoo) and the Koos (SFX: screeching prison door swings shut)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
*Radioactive by Imagine Dragons starts playing*

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Radium active, Radium active

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tree Bucket posted:

I get the feeling this is the future of the internet. The human to bot ratio is getting worse all the time.

Today I got a facebook friend request from some guy who's only activity was updating his profile pic 6 hours earlier. Common enough. But this guy had over 2,500 friends! In one day. That's probably part of the scam, but I like to think the facebook catfishers have gone super sonic trying to friend request everyone while accepting every friend request they get in return until there is just a pulsating mass of bots catfishing each other forever.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Facebook Aunt posted:

Today I got a facebook friend request from some guy who's only activity was updating his profile pic 6 hours earlier. Common enough. But this guy had over 2,500 friends! In one day. That's probably part of the scam, but I like to think the facebook catfishers have gone super sonic trying to friend request everyone while accepting every friend request they get in return until there is just a pulsating mass of bots catfishing each other forever.

This is making me reconsider the famous facebook boast of "2 billion users!*"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Son of Rodney posted:

Radium active, Radium active

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Discendo Vox posted:

What is the lawful utility of bitcoin relative to other such entities?

Neito posted:

It's the financial instrument equivalent of being really into feet

drk posted:

podophilia is arguably more socially acceptable

dpkg chopra posted:

Um, actually it’s called epheetophilia

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:rockstar: whats some good rock music to listen to? :rockstar:

1337u2bc0m3nt3r2001 posted:

im posting this here because i hear these guys know a lot about rock music. so i listened to nirvana and it was p good. im listening to foo fighters right now. i also like the beatles. answer my question.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
God drat that username lol

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Add an xxxseperothxxx to the end of that bad boy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
...is it just me or does that almost say 'leet YouTube commentor '?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think that’s the idea?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Literally A Person posted:

God drat that username lol

I think of these forums as being Old Internet, but that username is another level of oldness.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Horseshoe theory but irony

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The kinda username that inflicts psychic damage on anyone over the age of 30.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This video is almost nineteen years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQXAC9IVRw

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

EorayMel posted:

:rockstar: whats some good rock music to listen to? :rockstar:

You see this exact post today it's 100% going to be ironic, but I guess it was a more innocent time.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

Well, you know what they say. When She of the Moon- the Watcher Beyond- Fate Weaver she is called; Knower of Thoughts, Emril-Esh-Amrin, praise be unto Her- bestows upon you fruits of the orchard, yea, be they ever so bitter, one should make nectrous drinks thereof.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

space uncle posted:

One time a lady friend was wearing a frontsie bra and I struggled with the clasp. It started to take longer than if it had just been a “normal” back clasp and then I remembered the Scrubs episode where JD has the same problem with Elliott.

Then she started laughing and said “this is like that Scrubs episode” and then we both started laughing so much we had to temporarily stop all bra related activities.

Now I carry a Hanzo steel katana for such an occasion to simply cut the bras off and impress the woman at the same time. But the fedora stays on.

Lib and let die posted:

opening up the sexy time playlist and starting Rules of Nature before I blade mode the bra into 76 pieces

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
weeaboob

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:kstarehair: Return of the Haiku: This time it's personal :kstarehair:

stale milk posted:

thread is poo poo
the first one was poo poo
you are poo poo

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gaukler posted:

Would that make it a Sun-up Town?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

i’m sad lowtax never drew a spaceship for me.

Marcade posted:

He wouldn't draw spaceships, but he did paint the ceiling.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

freeedr posted:

People seeing honking as rude and an affront are crazy to me. The horn is a safety device and I’m glad to know where all the huge heavy rolling bombs are. Honk that horn. It’s the opposite of angry or aggressive

Trabant posted:

________________________/

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:dimetrodon: New Age of Conan Goon here! :dimetrodon:

cyberslick posted:

Hey everyone, my names chris, got told to sign up for this crazy forum by Goku from AoC in Deathwhisper.

I'm 20, I work from home (I own two internet marketing companies), and have a ton of free time, which I usually kill with games like this, or drinking, and often both.

My in game name is aavalonst, and right now im a 23 dark templar.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and laying down some serious work on scrubs.

Later!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I wonder how many decent, kind people this place turned away by banning hello posts.

Got their money though! Suckers!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lobok posted:

I wonder how many decent, kind people this place turned away by banning hello posts.

Got their money though! Suckers!

Probably not nearly as many as our long running culture of being insufferable pricks

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

RFC2324 posted:

Probably not nearly as many as our long running culture of being insufferable pricks

We here on the Something Awful Forums are very elitist and strict assholes. We pride ourselves on running one of the most entertaining and troll-free forums on the internet. This is accomplished by charging a $10 fee to filter out folks not serious about adhering to the rules, and banning those who manage to slip through and break them. We are very serious about keeping our forums clean and troll-free, so please consider your account an investment and treat it accordingly.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

EorayMel posted:

We here on the Something Awful Forums are very elitist and strict assholes. We pride ourselves on running one of the most entertaining and troll-free forums on the internet. This is accomplished by charging a $10 fee to filter out folks not serious about adhering to the rules, and banning those who manage to slip through and break them. We are very serious about keeping our forums clean and troll-free, so please consider your account an investment and treat it accordingly.

Frankly, this part of the rules (as well as the chuckles I got from the word filter) was why I eventually caved in and signed up so that I would be able to read more LPs. The amount of trolling on all other forums was unbearable at the time.

E: I mean, insufferable trolls were all around here, too, but they'd eventually get probated or banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

EorayMel posted:

You jest, but...

Hadlock posted:

So,

Fine, I guess to randomly put this up to a vote, and I guess probate me over it(?) I had three IRL folks message me about how weird this was. Particularly the 18 hour part.

Um, would have been fine if it were a 6 hour probe, like you gave yourself. Totally cool. But you gave me an 18 hour probe? Not cool. Let's keep parity on these things. 6 hours is good. Literal nothingburger.vThis is the second weird probation you've given me (the first most people (4 or 5? 7 ? I lost count) disagreed with, saying you misread my post.

Not big big on mod sass but this is twice you hosed me. I am active in other subforums, also those closely tied to my work. You're actively interfering in my life. I'll stop posting in this subforum if that's what you're trying to tell me. I can't have you loving up my career when I'm asking for advice in other subforums. 6 hours is fine. Pick a lane.

I guess I could have PMd you about this. I PMd the mod about your last thing and they didn't care (to their credit they were on vacation, so they get a pass) so I'm making this public.

Not looking for a response. You are actively impacting me.

Please be advised. Thanks.

:qqsay:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)