Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

where does amazon streaming x-ray thing pull its trivia from? imdb?

cuz i watched spectre just now and one of the trivia things mentioned people believing jaws would be in the movie (turned out they misinterpreted having a villain as iconic as jaws or oddjob).

why i ask is about midway through the film bautista's character is yanked out of the train with a rope attached to barrels in a very obvious homage to the film jaws and it isn't commented on in the x-ray for that scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why did they call the newest pirates movie salazar's revenge in other countries?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'd be a little surprised if it was the first one, "dead men tell no tales" has a pretty intuitive meaning.

yeah that's why i didn't get why it was changed. my first thought was alright maybe it's just a saying in english but it'd still make sense translated.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come in the film the invention of lying everyone says whatever pops into their head. even in a world where you couldn't lie people wouldn't do that. when he visits jennifer garner for their date at the beginning she says something like she just got done masturbating. answer for your crimes, gervais.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

usually the song is being played on set so they can coordinate the lip synching and miming.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Samuel Clemens posted:

I must be one of those people, because I honestly can't think of a reason why Raiders wouldn't make narrative sense.

if indy did nothing the nazis still would've opened the ark and been melted.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't think it's a problem, that was just what i assumed was his point when he said it had narrative issues people don't notice. not sure what he meant with the matrix though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the battery thing isn't a narrative issue. a narrative issue is "this event happened despite it not logically following from events preceding it".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bazingo boy didn't figure it out on his own? not much a genius.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

does chigurh kill the two guys who give him the receiver because they've seen his face?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Krispy Wafer posted:

The book is weird. You don't really know Chigurh's motivations until the end and they never explain it the movie. Probably because all Chigurh wanted was a promotion at work.

It worked better when it stayed mysterious.

i couldn't remember that scene from the book (since i'd read it so many years ago). i was rewatching the movie when i posted that question because it was always weird to me that he;d just off guys that worked for the same people he was working for.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's how he always writes dialogue.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Who loving cares if Joss Wheadon cheated on his wife? That’s between him and his wife. The way people latch on to the personal lives of strangers is gnarly.

you don't get to act like you're a big feminist and then gently caress around behind your wife's back.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

speaking of world war 2 there's a before-they-were-famous cameo by tom hiddleston in conspiracy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Really, where? I've seen that movie a billion times and will probably know what you're talking about.

he's the switchboard operator.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bladerunner 2049.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bill cosby told everyone leonard part six was terrible when he did the interview rounds.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

on the acting front i could understand not knowing how something's going to turn out since you only have your slice of the production to judge off of. but how do the people at the higher levels who have a bird's eye view not realize it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i thought the kids being kids parts of IT were great but you cannot top tim curry.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i can't even think of a movie i want to see until july i can't envision going to the movies 3 times a week.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

weather man is one of the examples used in the documentary cleanflix to show how the mormons edit a scene.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Skwirl posted:

I'm trying to remember what mormons would find offensive in that movie beside people saying "poo poo" or "drat" occasionally. The talk about camel toe I guess?

he has sex with that buxom lady he smiles at and says being on tv makes everything easier when he's dressed as abe lincoln (cuts from them smiling at each other then she's riding him with her boobs out). in their cut they're smiling at each other and he's saying how being on tv makes everything easier but then cuts to him washing his face looking in the mirror and so his line makes no sense.

the lebowski scene has bunny offering to give the dude a blowjob for 1000 bucks. they cut that out but keep in hoffman's reaction AND the dude saying he was going to find a cash machine so it makes no sense.

the documentary is really good. i've watched it a half dozen times probably.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 31, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why the hell is everyone talking about The Weather Man all of a sudden?

because i need one to know which way the wind blows.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i felt really dumb because i didn't know how single camera setups worked until this week. it seems like an insane amount of work.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

H13 posted:

The sin of Envy felt like an excuse and forced as well. Which made me feel kinda cold. I wouldn't say I rolled my eyes when the sin of Envy was revealed but I did think it was awful convenient.

never thought i'd see the day when someone talked poo poo on the "what's in the box???" scene.

se7en is a very good movie but i don't know that i've heard anyone call it one of the best ever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVMLivHTXac

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I didn't see Dark Fate and I'm not defending it, I just felt like it had the ingredients: pretty good reviews, strong finger on the nostalgia button, big marketing campaign. I was surprised by how incredibly harsh the flop was. Makes sense though if people just plain don't give a poo poo about Terminator movies anymore.

It's probably the best of the post-T2 movies but it's still bad. Also the opening is unforgivable.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Try Heaven's Gate :)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The show was bad but not as bad as the movies.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The real world is boring they should've gone with the correct look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's funny because they used to, I remember listening to their Sleepaway Camp episode and thinking "drat, I forgot how good this movie was".

I'm starting to listen to this and how did Mantzoukas not get that the woman is Angela's aunt?