Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

John Charity Spring posted:

Yeah, L4D1 had a melee cooldown patched in due to this very thing and the impact it had on Versus gameplay.

I loved when that patch came out, so many pubbies blew a gasket that they couldn't poo poo up the game just sitting in the corner and melee-spamming until victory anymore. Hunter jumps? Nope, melee'd off. Smoker pull? Nope, melee'd out of. Boomer vomit/explosions could set you up for something good, but unless you had a way to drop on them, they'd probably get you before you could do anything. Prior to that it practically took a Tank gunning it in and mashing them to actually make anything happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

amp281 posted:

I've been trolling league of legends with a buddy for some time now.

That's just kind of lame.

SpookyLizard posted:

LoL and other DOTA likes: you can infuriate people outside of the game by insinuating the games have he worst community in history.

The better way is to just try and make any kind of comparison, ANY kind, between the quality of LoL and Dota. That alone sets off spergs like nothing else. The reason I say this is because, most people I've seen will more than readily agree that the genre has some of the worst communities you could ever imagine. :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 10, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dr_Amazing posted:

Say you've come across a body that was killed by a shot gun within the last minute. There's only 2 other players left at the most and one of them is right in the general area holding a shotgun. You shoot him and win since he was the traitor. Everyone gets pissed off because you didn't literally watch him murder anyone before you shot him.

And so many servers have straight-up rules for stupid crap like that. "FREE-KILLER! KICK <Good Player>! :qq:" says the guy who just got popped after coming from a single entrance room that suddenly contained a dead innocent body.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Retroactively use your victory as proof of his guilt. It's like Minority Report.

That's always the best part of TTT games, just finding ways to game these servers spergy rules and piss off their regulars/donators.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dinictus posted:

People defend (attempted) murder like this and get rewarded by admins for that poo poo? :psyduck:

I mean, I'd play the hell out of this, but if self-aggrandizing folks get away with this kind of behaviour, they shoot themselves in the foot about the goddamn point of a murder mystery game.

Trouble in Murder Mystery Mental Gymnastics Town could very well be the name of the game if it wasn't so long and badly thought out. Some (A lot) of the people who play it will pull the most rear end-backwards reasoning and rule-fuckery out on you to "win" or try and start an argument. The fun part is when you do the same right back to them once they get sufficiently angry at you.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Red_Mage posted:

The same type of people who play TTT also tend to like Jailbreak servers on CS, and holy poo poo does that take a special brand of sick to enjoy.

Jailbreak is another mode where basically the main goal is to make the power-tripping kiddies who always end up taking authority roles blow their loving top. Bonus points for every "I'M CALLING THE ADMIN, YOU'RE GETTING BANNED <Good Player>! :qq:" you can get out of them. Which if you're any good at Counter-Strike, isn't hard to do. Since most people on those servers are usually terrible at actual Counter-Strike gameplay, just grab a pistol or rifle when nobody's looking, mow down the spraying guards, Prisoners Win!

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 14, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Diplomaticus posted:

This just reminded me of something that I surprisingly haven't seen posted here in the past few dozens of pages. In COD 4, there was a period of time where you could essentially suicidebomb yourself with the Javelin missile launcher (normally needs to lock onto enemy vehicles and fires the missile). If memory serves I think it also worked with the Stinger AA missile as well. The thing was, the blast radius was enormous, so you could regularly get at least 2 kills for your 1 death. If you took certain perks you could sprint longer and your blast radius would be bigger/more damaging as well. For a while until it was patched, every server was full of people suicide-jihading themselves and racking up the pubbie tears.

That was Modern Warfare 2. It was pretty awesome at first, particularly doing that glitch with RPGs, as the rocket would leave the launcher and then instantly freeze mid-air, then just go off whenever the gently caress it felt like it making for some silly as hell deaths. Though it started getting really lame shortly after, because then pubbies started doing it to boost stats. You literally couldn't play any objective modes until they fixed it, because some shitlord would just lay on objective sites with a glitched javelin in-hand.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

computer parts posted:

As a result, the Dragonclaw hook has skyrocketed in price, and last I checked it was going for (at least) $80, with some people asking up to $200. They also did this with a few other cosmetic items which were removed/made unavailable, but that one's my favorite because I actually own one (although I'm not going to sell it).

That's dumb as hell, good lord. I even unlocked one of them back when they were in their seasonal/event chests and traded the thing off. Now I wish I'd at least kept the ugly thing to hock to people willing to pay that much for a pretty visually boring item. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

robodex posted:

That being said, I've always thought "making fun of dead relatives" kind of crosses some sort of line when trolling. I personally cringed when I read the story about how they griefed the dad about his dead son.

Agreed. Like someone could say "Oh well it was their fault for doing Xyz in a game like this" but that just makes it sound worse for the side saying that.

This person we don't like in a game might have done something not entirely thought-out after their son was killed in an accident, we should go and be assholes about it. :confused:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Which basically was (is) 24/7 griefing and shenanigans after people found out about the text-to-speech function.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

This is the eventual fate of all programs given a text-to-speech option and I couldn't be happier about it.

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

If someone had told me, prior to seeing that video, that there would be a specific intonation of the phrase "question mark, exclamation point" that would make me lose my poo poo with laughter, I would have called them a liar.

HOLLER HOLLER GET DOLLAR coming from the little robot is what always gets me. :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 5, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AXE COP posted:

People have been banned for using the 'select random hero' button that is built into the game.

If you're referring to that old screenshot story, that's still because the person was going random in ranked and doing stupid builds that dragged his teams down. :eng101:

Dreggon posted:

But you aren't allowed to attack anything, because the person who does physical damage at range wants to do that, so that he gets all the gold for himself.

Try playing with friends. Alternatively, an AD who literally doesn't want you to attack people is dumb as gently caress and should probably be ignored.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 11, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CraigK posted:

HOW TO GRIEF DOTA: ~3 Easy Steps~

1: Play Tiny (Little guy made of rock who gets progressively bigger)
2: Hurl your allies into harms way (Tiny has a skill where he can grab an ally and throw them at an enemy, as you'd imagine this is incredibly easy to abuse)
3: Laugh

FTFY

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

There are also hilarious RP servers that require you to pay real money for the ability to spawn props, and jumping is disabled. I bet those guys make a decent amount of money from morons who are willing to actually play on those servers.

Then there's the servers where everything is ran by votes, which is pretty much game-over when you've got some friends to play with.

Me and some pals found some 1942 occupation RP server on Gmod, it sounded terrible so we got on there hoping to annoy people and found out it's a lot more funny than it should be. Basically, since everyone votes no against each other for anything (Hoping they'll take the role instead), we were able to take over all the high positions in the German military simply voting yes when we saw another's vote thing pop up. Pretty soon I had Kommandant, another friend was the SS commander, two were the Gestapo and the last was the actual Fuhrer. Since there were enough of us to shoot down demotion votes and other "You're playing better than me" votes we had the server locked down. It was entertaining going around shaking down store-owners and "suspicious" characters, who'd sometimes refuse to pay our ridiculously high taxes and instantly be met with a Fuhrer announcement calling them an enemy of the state, followed by us or the army sending them straight to jail where they'd whine for however long they got stuck for.

Then on top of that, there was a resistance faction you can play as too, who were all really bad at hiding their identities and playing in general. They probably came up with most of the demotion votes, all because we'd have someone say they heard people discussing <illegal thing>, then raid the hell out of them and cart them all off to jail. Weapons were also illegal if you weren't in the military, so we'd end up finding someone standing in a shady place with a gun out, beat them down and send them off, which again usually had them whining in out-of-character chat. After a while they all pretty much stopped trying or they resorted to open warfare in the street, which they always lost either because it was literal children who couldn't aim or because it was our 16 or so Germans to their handful of guys.

To make it all better, just about every other time we'd arrest someone whether for legitimate or made-up crimes, they'd start wailing about how they were gonna call the admin and get us banned.

The admin never came. :devil:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ponzicar posted:

Wait. So they were complaining about abuse of power, when you were literally playing as Hitler?

Yep, I was commander of the Wehrmacht, my friend was commander for the SS, another friend was literally Hitler and the last two had both the Gestapo positions, which look like regular citizens or resistance members, which made arresting people easy as hell.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

JohnSherman posted:

Honestly, why does this game exist? I've never heard anything about it that doesn't sound mind-fuckingly awful.

The awfulness is what makes it fun most of the time. That and a lot of the playerbase is incredibly spergy, so you can make people super mad by doing something as simple as playing better than them or other mundane things.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I once got a "warning slay" because I successfully deduced who the traitor was based on the fact that 1) I was with the guy beside me the entire round, 2)the traitor I killed had low health and 3) it was only us 3 alive at the time.

Seriously, it can't be said enough how stupid these people are. You could literally be walking along, hear gunshots, see someone run by with low health, go where they just came from and find a dead innocent but god help you if you killed that person without explicitly watching them mow down that innocent, even if there were zero other entrances to that room. TTT can actually be really fun once in a blue moon when you find a server without all the idiotic, sterile house-rules BS, when you get to have a proper murder-mystery or two. A shame that's getting more and more rare, since kiddies and idiots cry if they can't pull out their mental gymnastics rulefuckery to "win" every round.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 24, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Droid posted:

I've also seen players (oftentimes highschoolers from the sounds of their voices) get REALLY mad whenever someone with an obvious brony name/avatar/spray joins, so doing that while griefing may help.

Sprays are always a good tool for griefing. Really obnoxious brony/furry stuff will make people mad, get some weird cutesy anime spray and people will stop to stare at it (Griefing TTT yesterday there was someone with some cutesy anime spray that people kept stopping to look at, making for super easy headshots) all the time, use an edgy political spray and so on.

Though I've had people rage at me in TF2 for having this as a spray too so chances are you'll get someone, somewhere mad for using any spray at all.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Did they ever get very far with the standalone version? I couldn't stand playing the BYOND version because it runs like poo poo.

To be honest, the Goon server sadly runs like a special kind of poo poo for whatever reasons. Just go to other servers if you wanna be dumb and mess with people.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

tomanton posted:

Facecams are the worst thing to happen to LPs

Nah, they're good sometimes when it's not spergs using it as a crutch and when there's reason enough for it. The worst thing to happen to LPs is sweden.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ernie Muppari posted:

i prefer fantasy blood bowl

I fouled a super high value Skaven team's rat ogre (Who was all leveled up too) with a lone Undead babby-level zombie, ogre died, Johnny Rotten the zombie proved himself that day. Skaven guy had already used his doc on a star gutter runner a wight killed, which came out dead again anyway.

That was my report on why Blood Bowl is fun with griefing built in :madmax:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 22, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I guess it was a grief as any, but in WoW semi-often when new stuff came about, you'd get guys in trade chat offering tank queues if you pay them whatever dumb fee they dreamed up. Offering the same but for free to anyone who'd ask politely sure got the other guys upset at times, even more so if you were better geared than said guys and made that another known perk.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

When I played a healer and a DPS gave anyone poo poo I would purposefully stop healing them and let them die over and over again. They would usually never leave due to that 45 minute wait.

Doing something similar as a tank was always fun too. Oh this DPS guy won't turn off whatever dumb threat generator I've asked him to? Fine, have the threat dude, I'll taunt it after you're done doing your thing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

some times I don't know which is worse

the weird goons who play planetside or the pedos that enjoy final fantasy

As bad as Planetside can be, there was no MMO that made me into a worse person than Age of Wushu.

As true as that is however, it was still one of the best. RIP chinagame, you were too good for the world and run by wildly incompetent Snail Games. I'll always look back fondly on yanking pubbies off horses and dick punching them to death with my RG.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dick Burglar posted:

Some horde players killed Thrall (I think it was a goon guild), but it wasn't with the DK disease bug. It was with a quest(?) that made you hostile to your own faction.

That was our very own Mal'ganis Goon Squad.

Mal'goonis.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The lore stuff's neat at times for sci-fi junk, it's just a pity that Bungie are pretty dumb totally griefed everyone and made you need to read it online instead of just slapping a "Journal" tab in. You can probably blame it on the development including last-gen consoles though, apparently those are in a near-constant state of just blowing apart at the seams trying to handle everything.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 30, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Blood Bowl is a fantastic game and I've made a couple teams before, specifically built to challenge more expensive teams and kill their valuable players. There's no greater feeling than challenging someone, killing their expensive, critical dudes and seeing that team get deleted post-game. :devil:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Blood Bowl is also one of those games where you can and should name your players stupid stuff for comedy. My throw-away goblin team were "The Green Party" and featured such vicious players as Florence Green, Ceelo Green, KC Green, Tom Green and the Jolly Green Giant.

Goblins are also great because while they're fragile and generally awful at playing the ball, they're dirt cheap and have a bunch of players that can come onto the field wielding bombs, chainsaws, pogo sticks and all manner of goofy bullshit.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The easiest grief in Blood Bowl was to just play a Norse or Dwarf team well though.

What do you mean? Well in Blood Bowl when you go for a tackle your die can roll either defender down, defender stumbles, defender pushed, attacker down or a both down. The trick here being that most Norse and nearly every Dwarf player come with a skill called block right out of the gate. What block does is that any time a both down is taken, the guy with block gets to go "Nah" and only the other guy goes down.

As you would safely assume, this made pubbies very mad, very often, seeing as how every both down, which would normally end your turn early and be a huge pain in the rear end, had basically become a free opponent down in your favor. (Providing they weren't block-heavy too anyway)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

rydiafan posted:

My last Blood Bowl league I Turn 16 fouled an opponent's best player with a Rotter and killed him.

No ragrats. :colbert:

Dumpy zombie kills are ridiculously satisfying.

Quoting myself from like two months ago since we got Blood Bowl talk in full swing here finally.

"I fouled a high value Skaven team's rat ogre with a lone Undead babby-level zombie, ogre died, Johnny Rotten the zombie proved himself that day. Skaven guy had already used his doc on a star gutter runner a wight killed, which came out dead again anyway."

Good times in warhams fantasy football :madmax:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

You trolled her by getting her interested in a product associated with Games Workshop, but real-life griefing is just called bullying and doesn't belong in this thread.

Truthfully they probably gave them the most merciful option possible in GW's book, at least you can buy Chaos Edition and you got a full product with nearly all the teams you could want. Now if they'd brought out a tabletop alternative...

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sex Robot posted:

Oh god Chivalry is so bad. I never saw what people saw in that game.

A pretty fun rear end, goofy knight game

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Plus Black Knight servers rule, where you keep going despite missing limbs up until like your head falls off.

Spent a good bit of a round with no legs, just butt-scooting around and smashing people's shins with a mace.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Almost certainly a large number still I'd imagine. They were always angry and always bad.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Wushu was an incredible game for all the worst (Read: Amazing) reasons and it will be missed.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

-Zydeco- posted:

Assaulted anyone who rode a horse in town

It was such a simple thing, but I honestly never got tired of claw yanking dudes off horses, to then watch homies just savage them with a flurry of dickpunches.

Royal Guard 4 lyfe

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Only reason I remember Rust is because originally everyone didn't even spawn with pants, so it was just naked men battling for survival in the woods, dicks waving majestically in the wind.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And nowadays, hell, even a multitude of expansions ago by this point, any old rear end in a top hat with enough patience can get them easy just strolling invincibly through Black Temple on every reset.

Ten large well-spent.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shim just sounds like a pretty poo poo person either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Wanderer's Valley had a loving move called "Murder the Gods and Destroy the Buddha" :black101:

Hell one of their movesets was "Bone Corrosion Palm"

• Locked thread