Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
It still frustrates me that DiBiase was eliminated from the 92 Rumble mere seconds before Flair entered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

How'd that happen?

He found out that you're made of glue.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Pour tomato soup on it from the ceiling.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Golashes posted:

Have any wrestling figures ever received honorary degrees? I am going to nominate John Cena for an honorary degree at my alma mater.

Cena has an honorary PHD in Thuganomics from the University of Tennessee, while Slick was awarded an honorary PHD in Style from the Fashion Institute of Technology.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

E-Diddy posted:

The wife and I were watching Back to the Future and they showed George McFly's photo and his brother's head having faded away. I told her about the Ric Flair and Miss Elizabeth affair photos and how they later showed the originals with Macho Man and how good the fakes were. I know I've seen the comparisons between the fakes and originals but I'm having a tough time finding that. I feel like I've seen it on video and on a website but a lot of Googling hasn't gotten me there. Does anyone know of the video I'm thinking of?

It was in the WWF magazine.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

People who watched during the New Gen. How did the Diesel push feel? Similar or worse than the Roman push?

Diesel's push seemed more organic over the long haul, even if it seemed to come out of nowhere.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

That guy only killed one person. Chris Benoit killed two people.

With wrestling moves.

Three if you count the Hangman's Noose.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

EugeneJ posted:

I think it started years ago when the Pistons won the NBA championship, and they all had Big Gold Belts after the final game

The Pistons won in 2003, right? The Arnold thing was in 1999, I think.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

EugeneJ posted:

James Storm and Chris Harris had a dogshit blindfold match with each other in TNA and then a month later had a MOTY against each other

Was that the actual stipulation?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Nystral posted:

Was Raymond Rougeau significantly older then Jacques? IIRC once the team ended he disappeared from WWF tv while Jacques continued in various roles.

Didn't Ray do something on camera, like interviews and the update desk after the team ended?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Here Comes the Money.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Cavauro posted:

who is the dumbest rear end irl wrestling couple of all time. Which ones toigether are a combined biggest dumb idiot?

There was a couple in the WWE a few years ago that quit when they were put on separate brands.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

Depends, is your wrestling show set in the universe of "They Live" or "V"?

The Face/Off Universe.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

Was there ever a televised Warrior/Taker match. I remember wanting to see that so bad when I was a kid.

It was on a Coliseum Home Video tape - Rampage 1991.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
So it's called the Irish Whip because he's Irish? Interesting.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Does the Mountie's shock stick count?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

How many shoot 7 footers have worked for the WWE? Who were they?

Does Shaq count?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

what's the biggest upset in wrestling history?

Bret over Flair for the title.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Minidust posted:

Ooo interesting stuff, thanks.

Supposedly they already taped like 2 Raws with Lex Luger after he had jumped to Nitro, and in response they did that live episode on the roof on short notice... or am I mixing that up with some other incident? Funny that there could be "lost episodes" of Raw but I can't imagine much happened of note, given the time period.

Raw was off the week Nitro debuted and the "emergency taping" on the roof was a new Raw intro being filmed, not matches.

AkumaHokoru posted:

there are definitely lost segments. didnt someone recently post a testing of lex luger as champ?

They definitely do what they can to save stuff they have taped. I was at the Raw taping that set up the six man match at International Incident with a lot of segments involving the Warrior, and he was gone before that all aired. They still showed everything but used voiceovers to change the narrative.

It is my understanding that the Luger coming out with the belt was to gauge fan reaction (and that they did that type of stuff for a long time).

Rusty Shackelford fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 23, 2019

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
205 being the Zo Show was the only time it was interesting.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
I cheered for heel Demolition because of their music and because they just destroyed everyone.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why did they keep giving Yokozuna more managers during his World title run? He already had Fuji, then Wippleman showed up with the exploding camera, and by Summerslam '93 they'd given him Cornette as well.

Harvey wasn't his manager and Fuji's interview skills were limited.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Tangentially related, I actually had no idea Animal and Johnny Ace had a third brother who also wrestled until like a week ago.

Last week? I thought he retired 20 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Explosions posted:

Billy Gunn makes 1000% more sense when you realize he had crippling asthma. As soon as the pace picked up in any match he would drown on dry land.

He wasn't saying that he was an rear end Man, he was saying he was an Asthmatic?