Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Sprecherscrow posted:

As somebody who once tried the Dark Side of Oz, "Man there is being tiresome and then there are conspiracy theories about stoner records" is maybe the greatest goddamn thing.

Right there with you, chochacho. Luckily I'm old enough where I'm not unwittingly surrounded by stoners anymore.

Happy Hippo posted:

If you go back and read this thread (and the Achewood threads before it) you'll find this sentiment over and over again. When will the doubters stop doubting?

I think being stuck in the thick of it in arcs like this is the reason. Can't see the forest for the trees--it gets desolate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Happy Hippo posted:

It has been 6 weeks and 3 days since T may or may not have put the old homosexual's ten inch cock in his mouth.

I saw the 'Citizen Roomba' as title of the new strip in my email this morning and said to myself

:nyd: OH NO HE DITENT :nyd:

oh yes he did

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

FMguru posted:

Also CITIZEN KANE rules, sorry it didn't have enough transforming robots to keep some peoples' attention.

Is Megan Fox in it? Because I will watch it if Megan Fox is in it. Also, she should be working on a motorcycle in a sexy manner. And it would be awesome if that motorcycle turned into some kind of cool robot or something.

:smugbert:

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

If you really want to compare against other months, the archive page very handily displays by month. As dry spells go, it's not the worst; we only got two new strips total in all of January 2009.

January 2009 is when he moved his family from San Francisco to Portland, so I would expect there to be a small amount of strips. August 2010 had only one more strip than that.

I'm certainly not demanding Onstad make with the free entertainment, but I am curious as to the why production has been so low.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
If you aren't spelling it "whiskey," you aren't drinking it right.

What's "f/a?"

vvv ah. okay, that makes sense. All the possibilities in my head started with "family."

Fillerbunny fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 3, 2010

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Derpes Simplex posted:

Between both Pete and his father, those are some disturbing bodily proportions.

You're looking at Pete's memory of the incident, and we all know Nice Pete sees the world strangely.

vv I stand corrected. vv

Fillerbunny fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 1, 2010

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
Post-fire Bill Murray kind of reminded me of Cartilage Head. Do you think that's what Lynch's movie is really about? If it's not, shouldn't it be?

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Vitriol posted:

Hey guys, I think Chris might be depressed.

Get that man 500CCs of bongos, stat!

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Double insult by using Comic Sans. I don't think anyone deserves that.

vv that is pretty meta.

Fillerbunny fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 14, 2011

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
:siren:NEW STRIP:siren:

it's been so long since I've done that.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God I checked like an hour ago and there was nothing, I'm so glad to be surprised again.

Looks like Onstad has something big and weird planned, I am intrigued.

Came up on my twitter feed :smug:

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

As a parent, I am dying at the "cannot eat a carrot for several years" thing.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Javid posted:

Beef as Meatwad.

:crossarms:

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
I guess if this is what we're talking about, I always thought Ray sounded mostly like Cee Lo Green.

Also, the Philippe in the Christmas video seems to lack a certain childlike spontaneity to it; his voice seems just a touch forced.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Dominion posted:

The "interesting development" will be that it's all scrapped and he's going back into hiding.

You sure have your mind made up about Onstad, don't you?

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
I think Onstad said in that Wired interview posted earlier that the intent was that some strips would be adapted, but it would be mostly new material to fit the medium.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

woodenchicken posted:

On one hand, I'm really hyped for the potential Achewood show, on the other hand it makes this imagining of the Gothic tune I just made instantly redundant.
Actually a win-win if you think about it.

I feel like I just watched the world's best loading screen, with no progress bar, or anything loading.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
Also you shouldn't feed infants honey.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
kinda like this you mean

I can live with that.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Max22 posted:

Is there a solution to viewing the alt-text on mobile devices?

Not as yet.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
ATTENTION MOBILE DEVICE USERS

I made a thing. It's not the greatest thing, but it was a weekend project that spilled a little into this week.

Mobile Achewood

If you want to donate quotes for the loading widget, feel free.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
hmm... no. I make an AJAX get request to the Achewood index page and scrape it for the relevant parts. I think the Yahoo API thing is on the Achewood site, but I'm not certain. I'll look into it later, but it's currently working for me just fine. Can you get the Achewood.com index to load okay?

edit: ah, poo poo, I didn't look too closely at the cross domain ajax code I swiped. Looks like it is using that API. I'll see what I can do to make it suck less.

here are the limits for the API being used:

Yahoo posted:

http://developer.yahoo.com/yql/
Per IP limits: /v1/public/*: 2,000 calls per hour

Since they're ajax requests, the "Per IP" language would lead me to believe that's per user since the requests are coming from the client browser, are they not?

If it continues to suck, then I will blame Yahoo.

Fillerbunny fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 20, 2013

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

MondayHotDog posted:

This is totally awesome. All it needs is a random strip button.

Good call. Should be pretty easy. I'll add that tonight.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
That's a good idea, too. Shouldn't pose too much of a problem, either. I'll look at those two things, along with fixing the arcs list, since I just realized that the "current comic" is broken and clicking the "Jump to Story Arc" option takes you to the very first comic. A happy accident, for sure, I'll just rename the option.

I have a handful of small things I want to implement, but after that I need to cut off development work so I can resume regular programming.

edit: still open to quotes, btw

TVs Ian posted:

If it's not already in there, "Here comes a special boy" needs to be.

It is. :)

Fillerbunny fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 20, 2013

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Satorr posted:

This is awesome. You rock.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I neglected to mention earlier that I've come up with a solution for the two proposed changes, I just need to implement them. Perhaps sometime tonight? No one knows for sure!

Fillerbunny fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 22, 2013

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
:snoop: HELLO MOBILE USERS :snoop:

I fixed up the mobile page and made those changes that were requested on the previous page, along with some of the quotes.

I hope you like it.

http://achewood.totesrad.com

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

A Violence Gang posted:

I'm still stuck at waiting for query.yahooapis.com

May your weekend be free of the hand of Dixie.

If that happens, keep trying. The Yahoo API hasn't always been super responsive for me, but it's necessary for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
...and another teddy bear and a stuffed otter and tiger.

And Stanley Tucci.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
Just wait until you have a kid of your own, knowing full well that you're simply perpetuating the cycle. But still doing your damnedest to make it the most positive experience for them that you ever possibly could, thereby making this sort of realization even harder for them in the future.

All this because a tiny cartoon otter reflects a bit of your own innocence, and he misses the hell out of his mom's pork chops.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

withak posted:

:siren: If you are going to post a new strip the you are supposed to use these. :siren:

And here you are with sirens and no link to the new comic. Shame on you.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

oh my god, I've got to update the copyright notice!

it's like forgetting to turn the clocks back.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
I still can't quite figure out what he was doing. He took their potato, stuck in a bag, stepped on it, and then ran off, leaving behind a bag of some sort of alt-potato fiber supplement? It's like he's a meddlesome gargoyle from a 90's adventure game.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
I just noticed that Ray isn't wearing pants.

Not that he does normally, but normally he isn't wearing a shirt either, and somehow that just makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

ManiacClown posted:

Who are the guys in "Here comes a special boy" and "Being in trouble is a fake idea?"

The special boy is Matt Forté. Not sure on the other dude.