Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
I'm super enthused about this, but I wonder if any network has the nuts to show something like ROCK HARD CAT COCK

Or roasted up ding dong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I kinda feel bad for Onstad, what with all these people making GBS threads on a very rough cut that was never meant for public consumption

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So Nice Pete made some synthpop.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I've always wondered if there's a significance that Todd is Onstad's middle name.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Judging by the fact that he's ebaying the TV show bibles, I'm guessing that it didn't go over too well?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Todd Onstad's middle name? I wonder if there's a significance there.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

All the characters are some aspect of Onstad basically.

I just can't imagine that much connection between a dude who went to Stanford and a tweaker jailbird degenerate, but he doesn't really disclose that much about his personal life, does he?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Ezzer posted:

So, which parts of Onstad does Pat come from?

I think I remember him saying the inspiration came from taking an event in his day and thinking how he would have reacted if he were a huge dick.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Having way less opinions is one of my life goals to avoid

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

For those wondering about finishing up the plot of the last arc, Onstad posted this on Facebook

quote:

I'm working out how to transition Ray in Rehab to the blogs, or some other venue that's more prose-driven than art driven. The story is too involved to ever get done on alternating Fridays, in comic-based form.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I said that if you speak against Weldon then you are about to enter a world where the only activity that exists is tasting my hog

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Iowa Snow King posted:

"I ain't wearin' no gunny sack!"

Bitches better take their oval office pills

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Ubik posted:

BOO TO THAT

I boo the nacho as his father!

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

When Beef fights with Molly, it's because of his divorce.
When Teodor gets along well with Penny, it's because of his divorce.

Make up your loving minds.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

All that's missin is the retired comic artist with the self-inflicted gunshot wound

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I dunno, it kinda sounds like he was talking about the subscription service to me. Three bucks a month for the privelege of getting to read no updates at all.

To be fair there were like maybe two subscriber blog posts a week and 3 bux isn't much.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

It's officially Monday. Where is the comic, Chris? WHERE IS THE COMIC?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I'm gonna guess the friday updates are gone, to be replaced with updates that are more and more spaced out until the next haitus?

Are you clairvoyant? I'm getting chills here

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

RZApublican posted:

Looking at his most recent posts on twitter it sounds like Onstad might be going through renal failure? Or whatever azotemia is.

Ugh, he's probably just going to up and die to avoid making more Achewood. The nerve of some people.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

tehloki posted:

Ghoulish stalkers trawling through innocent celebrity's public social networking feeds and divulging his private secrets he hid from the world in secret shame

To be fair, the front page of achewood.com explicitly tells us to follow him on twitter for information

oh poo poo is that the joke? tell me that's the joke

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 16, 2014

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Evil Sagan posted:

I'm just disappointed that the relatively quick update schedule lasted just long enough to make me believe that Achewood was really back, and also that it ceased as soon as that boring story arc ended and some good gags started coming through.

It's not funny if Charlie Brown gets to kick the football

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Oh wow look at all these new posts! Must be a new comic out!

Dang, just sodachat.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So it's come to this.

http://pdx.eater.com/2015/4/30/8517371/chris-onstad-talks-sodas-portland-tastemakers

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So Onstad posted new art to his facebook, and someone asked "Very nice! Did they scrap the animated series or is it still gonna happen? Or is it still in schrodingers production phase?"

The response is "Somewhere between those three. Hollywood is like a junior high school boyfriend: promisey, bonery, and forgetful."

So hey maybe we'll still get a tv show if we hope real hard.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

His middle name is Todd, I doubt it's a coincidence

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

COOK BOOK

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

There's no spaghetti.

Only spaghetti's dad.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I seriously hope it's a regular-type prose book

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So Ray loses his ears this year

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10022007

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

withak posted:

He lost his ears in 2012.

Oops

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Onstad needs to write a regular-type book. He's got the chops and lord knows I'd read it.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Since Onstadt is Teodor, not Beef, I think we can say no.

I don't think it's an accident that his middle name is Todd.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Necronomicon posted:

I just started reading all of the blogs again, and it is *shocking* how good the writing can be. I really enjoyed this passage from a book Ray was writing about made up words and the celebrities who created them:

"You and I are on a journey, and language is both our coach and our impossible goal. Speaking the English language is like jumping a sports car through a gap in a quickly-passing train, only to find that on the other side is a table full of girls from the Clinique counter who get quiet and then call you 'random.'"

He really needs to write a regular-type book.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Pershing posted:

This is probably old news to most of y'all but I just heard it for the first time and loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTlzUpmp8sY

That song was listed on the bottom of every page for most of its existence

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So this is going to be a thing
https://www.amazon.com/Achewood-Complete-Canon-Chris-Onstad/dp/1620107546/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=chris+onstad&qid=1580620635&sr=8-1

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Nestharken posted:

It was a rollercoaster at the time, but I still got my book eventually! I'd call the Homestuck Kickstarter a bigger fiasco, all things being equal.

Wait, what Homestuck Kickstarter fiasco?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I don't think it's an accident that Onstad's middle name is Todd

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Anyone know why Brain Tape stopped updating for the past few weeks? I was really enjoying season 2 and I want more.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

mutantIke posted:

ONI published KC Green's Graveyard Quest, which I bought as a small child despite having no clue what the hell it was. drat good comic.

K C Green is great in general. His guest issue in the Invader Zim comic is the best IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Brain Tape it's been 10 days since you posted this.

Brain Tape. My dude. Brain Tape.