Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ozziegt posted:

This thread wouldn't be complete without this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4m41viy4I

How in the hell does that even happen? Did he not tighten the lug nuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HEHEHE posted:

Speaking of tractor's losing their engine during a pull, this one does it literally:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCsSVLZ6wCI&feature=related

That is the most impressive engine failure ever.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

destructo posted:

Ok, what the gently caress is flying off, is that his loving hand?

Oh poo poo that's what it looks like, it happens so fast it's hard to tell.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sockington posted:

Something like this...

Are you thinking about doing this to your 323 sock? Bet it would be fun in the winter up there.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

This is pretty funny......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDGzsjFa-fQ

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

orange lime posted:

What is going on here? What is happening when the filter looks like it's burning up? Is that oil squirting out and then getting sucked back in/being burned off?

He lost the rings in one of the pistons and the pressure is pushing oil out the breather. Reconnecting the PCV isn't going to help it haha.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I hope there weren't any rare cars in those containers :ohdear:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

JingleBells posted:

I posted this in the youtube thread, but it makes sense to put it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdGzy2Lun2I

That's driver failure not mechanical failure :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Interview with the pilot of the Helicopter, and a few other angles of the crash. You can see the guy in the highlight whipping the cable around in what was apparently the cause of the accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm9hrOHyOu0

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 26, 2011

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I, too, love showing up to work and/or social events with pit stains and reeking of ball sweat.

Heh, I had a buddy who had to drive his Wrangler to an office meeting with no AC in the middle of a FL summer because his car broke down. He said by the time he got there his pits and back were drenched and he looked like an idiot.

Even though I have AC in my Kia I never used it even in the summer, because my commute is only ten minutes, and the AC cut into my mpg big time. I also wear shorts and a micro mesh T so it ain't a big deal, gotta walk around outside anyway so may as well be used to it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Aurune posted:

Friend had some bad luck on Saturday. He's fine. Rear axel snapped. Tire decided to go for a little walk. Not to the epic level of the V8 super car video but still cute.

https://vimeo.com/49224945

I can imagine the reaction of the other drivers to the tire initially being :eek: then :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Chinatown posted:

From local news today. Wrong way DUI.

:stonk:

There's a good reason right there why not to drive old compact cars. I sold my '88 Civic after seeing one get completely destroyed by an Isuzu Rodeo. Both Civic passengers died, and the Rodeo driver walked away.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

General_Failure posted:

Yeah well. You could argue the problem isn't with the compacts but rather with the huge high riding road monsters. It's become an arms race to protect people from having their heads removed by an SUV. Yes I know the vehicle in the crash wasn't an SUV but my point stands.

The problem is both. And yes all old cars are unsafe, but compact cars even more so. I'm pretty sure a modern compact would fair much better against their SUV counterparts. Like I said, the results I saw from the accident I mentioned really opened my eyes to the safety of the car I was driving, the Rodeo had some front end damage and the Civic just fell completely apart. I have pictures of it on my desktop at home and could post them later.....I highly doubt that would have happened in a modern Civic.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just wanted to post a pic of the Civic I talked about earlier that got hit by a Rodeo:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

A buddy of mine got tapped by a grandma in a parking lot in his 05. 12k for a new rear clamshell, including labor.

Jesus, I'll stick with Miatas. I always thought I'd be able to afford to buy an Elise one day, but I sure as hell won't be able to afford to own one :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CharlesM posted:

Hmm. I wonder about my plan to buy a Mazda 2 in Puerto Rico and bring it to the mainland.

Is this a serious post? Are they dirt cheap there or something?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Godholio posted:

I can't imagine why a car built by a company known for rust would be dirt cheap on an island surrounded by salt water.

I live on a peninsula within a peninsula surrounded by salt water and it's not a problem, I own a '94 and '97 Mazda and they are both rust free.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My HF aluminum jack has been awesome. Never really had any issues with HF tools yet *knocks on wood*

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

At 14:00 there's a loving hearse that is badass

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus Christ what an idiot, lets just randomly put the jack somewhere under the car without looking at all and hope it works!

Yeah it sucks dude, but you gotta get down on your knees or even flat on your belly and stick your loving head under there and LOOK for a good spot to put the jack, and then watch to make sure it goes where it's supposed to. You would think this would be common sense, but some people would just rather cut corners and hope it works I guess. That's quite a risk on a car like that and he paid the price. Idiot.

The noises gave him plenty of warning too....nope lets just keep at it I'm in a hurry!

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 27, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

wargames posted:

Drunk drivers are a failure right?

https://i.imgur.com/2293BE7.mp4

Am I the only one that heard YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAWWWW in my head as it was flying through the air?

The General Lee would have kept going :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol, is there a way to put that with the video each time the car goes in the air?

I'm not good at computers :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

xzzy posted:

https://imgur.com/iabQZEB

not sure how to embed so you can turn on the audio though because reasons

I'm laughing way too hard at this :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

I know its a joke but the General Lee never kept going, since nearly every jump cracked the radiator and broke the car.

What don't you dare ruin my childhood heroes you jerk :argh:

Cojawfee posted:

Them Duke boys always had extra Generals Lee hidden in bushes around town.

Lol

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I always wondered why Cooter never made a move on Daisy I'd be all over that :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

As long as the VIN tag is in there somewhere.....Dump Truck of Theseus

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Thinking ahead. No scandal to come back to bite him when he ran for office.

How is Daisy a scandal? Dudes would be Hi Fiving him for that, it would be a highlight of his career :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Horrible RC Failures

:v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

John Schneider said they jumped about two cars every episode and each time they were totaled, so about 280 minimum General Lees were destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NayLSPII8uI

Pretty interesting stuff

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 28, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pile Of Garbage posted:

• Quokka: Craigslist but it's a paper you buy for $2
  • Nang-bombs: those nitrous-oxide canisters you get high on, take one and pack sparkler scrapings around it in a shell with tin-foil, then put a sparkler in the top as a fuse. light it, nos canister detonates like 2-3 seconds later

Never heard of either of these but ok guess I'm stupid :shrug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cross posting from EKDS5k's thread

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Brute Squad posted:

someone fixed the broken handle on their car battery

This has to be a joke

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

Did woundcare on a guy with his foot split in half from between the first and second toe, to nearly the tibia, via lawnmower. He ended up losing the foot. He was wearing shoes, never did get a full story on what exactly transpired.

I knew a guy that lost some toes that way, he was mowing down a hill, slipped and his foot went right under.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It amazes me how many people drive around on badly worn or bald tires when they can afford it but just don't want to pay for new tires.

I once told a friend of my wife's that she needs to buy new tires for her SUV asap because it was ridiculous how bad they were and she's driving around with three kids in the car. She told me her husband didn't think she needed new tires yet, so I told her no, your husband is an idiot just take it and get tires.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

that's one of the problems with the giant wheels every OEM insists on putting on cars and CUVs. i'm glad the alltrack only takes 16" tires.

Ha, my brother pisses and moans about tire costs for the 20" wheels on his Silverado, so I told him just buy smaller stock wheels, then he says but those don't look cool :downsgun:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

StormDrain posted:

At least he's honest about it.

Yeah, but I told him that's the trade off. You want cool big wheels you gotta pay for tires. It's his DD/work truck so he puts a ton of miles on it, and half the problem with the big wheels is you can't get any tires with decent tread wear, they are all "sport truck" expensive tires with short life spans.

I told him if he went with a 16 or 17 inch wheel the tires would be cheaper and last twice as long. And the ride would be better too with more sidewall, the last thing you want to do to a truck is make the ride worse cuz it sucks already :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I took as many shop classes as possible, auto shop 1 thru 4, metal shop 1 thru 4 and a couple of wood shop classes in there too.

Also took consumer math which was balancing checkbooks and budgets and that class did me more good than algebra or any other math class ever did

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm surprised I didn't lose a finger or get seriously disfigured (heh) in metal shop. We made bolt bombs and hosed around with acetylene gas and poo poo like that, metal shop was literally filled with Beavis and Butt Heads with minimal supervision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What kind of loving half assed race series is that? Is it in a third world country? Christ.

Also I have a Dyson that's like 15 years old and it still works perfectly, money well spent :colbert: