Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
It's a nice enough looking car, but an awful Batmobile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Yeah, looks rad so far. Great work!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

If you're having trouble finding space for the Titanic, remember you can display it as two halves, about 600m apart.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Before I learned lighting tricks, I used to have my gf separate dark red and red brown for me because they looked exactly the same. But with sunlight or a LED that comes close I can tell them apart.

Sunlight seems to be the best way to figure out tricky bricks.

I have exactly the same problem - and the Winter Village Toy Shop (which I build every year for Christmas) has both of those colours.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bAGkOVIO9M

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/dec/10/investing-in-lego-more-lucrative-than-gold-study-suggests

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

love how there's no mention of, you know, rental cost for the physical space required to store a bunch of unopened boxes of legos

I trade in Lego futures.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Water.
It's called attention to detail

I had to

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

tomapot posted:

Swung past the Lego store today and saw the AT-AT in person and drat is it massive. Waiting for Xmas break to get started on mine.

I have the box stacked on top of my big falcon box which I haven’t built yet and my wife asked “are going to continue to surround yourself with massive Lego boxes until you can’t move?” The problem with the Falcon is not enough horizontal space at the moment while the AT-AT is vertical which is easier for me to make room for.

Obviously the solution is to keep buying big Lego sets until you have enough boxes to make a display stand for the Falcon.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

deoju posted:

Matrix sets? That'd be pretty violent for lego. Could be cool though.

I'd argue no less violent than Lord of the Rings. The big difference is guns.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

RatHat posted:

I’m very interested in some of the building techniques used in this

Are those continent names lighting up in the middle inset?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I hate that if you watch Lego related stuff on YT at all, he ends up all over your recs even if you tell YT you aren't interested 100 times.

You can block an entire channel - go to the About page of the channel, then select the report flag, then Block user.

e: Never mind, looks like this only blocks them from commenting on your videos. However, I do get a "Don't recommend channel" option below the Not interested option that has worked well for me in the past.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 4, 2022

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Just as a joke, here's a terrible model of the terrible Batman Forever Batmobile:

lmao, I love tiny hosed up batmobile

(all of the others are great, btw)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Castle and Western are the two themes I can't figure out. City has always had steady releases, and Classic Space sorta got folded into the space stuff they do for City, but I'm surprised they're not dropping a yearly Castle or Western themed set every year. I would have assumed those were evergreen play themes, but maybe I'm just blinded by my own memories of how loving rad Fort Legorado was.

They are dropping yearly castle sets, in the form of Harry Potter sets.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

While I'm not keen on the idea of the modular baseplate just floating above the lower plates, I did find this:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

Also, gummi ship.

Gummi ship is so good.

The rest is also good, but

gummi ship!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

(I’ve had a few troopers in the jar for over a month)

Brave of you to dox yourself like this.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

Also, here's a 1956 Ford Thunderbird, made in light royal blue! Ever since the UK-exclusive Fiat 500 set dropped, I wanted to use all those pretty new parts in a MOC. It also has a medium blue interior.

Love that rear fender and wheel cover!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Completed the Titanic!

What an amazing model. The build was very interesting, if extremely long. And it fits perfectly on the mantle.

It looks like it was made for that spot.

The white-bordered Jack looks like an afterthought, though :(

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

That's quite the Lego injury.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

it's not exactly small but maybe an imperial cargo shuttle?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Yeah, a2 was the original from the first space sets. a1 might've been a prototype?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I guess the only way to ensure you get different minifigs now is by weight; looking forward to seeing jorts-wearers roaming toy stores with precision scales.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

Owns. Very much what I was hoping for. Here's some highlights:

- Can be built as either a convertible or hardtop
- Can be built with white, dark gray, or dark red stripes
- Can have either exposed or slatted headlights
- 2 different license plates
- New slightly flared mudguard pieces
- Lots of stickers. The only prints I see are the taillights and maybe (probably) the slatted headlights.
- NPU: popsicles as mirrors and fire axes on the rear bumper

You forgot the best part:

- It has fluffy dice

edit: and yes, the slatted headlights look printed:

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 13, 2022

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Before it explodes, Starfighter drops THE BOMB!

lol

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Douche4Sale posted:

I don't know any of those, but I've just been getting back into Lego gradually the past year.

I've been doing a ton of the different complex types of sets, but I also like doing the art ones with the single round studs. I'm about 2/3 of the way to finishing the 3 x 9 bonus plan Darth Vader. I already splurged and got a few others like the iron man, world map, uh target mini art (all on sale) and just picked up the Batman ones from zavvi on sale Are there any tools to sort of rasterize pictures to Lego that work well? I'd love to do some cool ones of other things I like or even family.

I haven't used it but this should work: https://lego-art-remix.com/

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Castle.
Classic Space.

90th year stuff.

Hmm...

Another Pirates ship on the horizon? (you see what I did there?)
Seems possible. Even after Barracuda Bay.

I'd love another Western. IMO, the western stuff were the best looking sets they ever made, as a group. Even the Lone Ranger remakes all look great. The buildings, I mean. Well, the stagecoach and train from that line look great, too.

Something about the simplicity of old west buildings that words well with LEGO.

bionicle relaunch

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

First determine what space you want to devote to displaying Lego. Don't think about what sets you'll put in an area, only think about how much space you're willing to devote. It might help to temporarily remove what sets you do have on display.

Once you've made a decision, stick to it. Now, choose which sets will go in each display area. The criteria for how you decide is up to you. By imposing limits on yourself, you'll be forced to make choices between sets instead of trying to convince yourself to get rid of sets on an individual basis.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Prime_Athena/status/1571620138264174594

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

RatHat posted:

Looks like they switched to paper bags for magazine promos. Possibly our first look at what the CMF bags will look like too?

They've already said they're doing little cardboard boxes

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

Got the idea in my head and had to build it. Mostly just a mod of the official Charger, but I had to change a surprising amount just to make orange work, plus the rest of the stuff.

The Transgenderal Lee

Very rad. How did you fit the flag into the roof?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrEHoaq6QFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

That Friends lineup is so much better than the City lineup. I realise a lot of the City sets are also in the 4+ line but drat.