Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Picture is down, what was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Normally not into the movie based sets, but that’s really cool!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The_Doctor posted:

Ah, the back of the box, in case people are interested.

No way that’s less than $300 between piece count and Minifig tax.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Yes, there's a system called LUGBulk which is pretty much what it sounds - buying parts in bulk for cheap direct from Lego, however you have to be part of a LUG, it only happens once a year, there is a relatively limited selection of parts and shipping can be ridiculously slow. And by bulk, I mean you have to order in increments of 50 parts. I've done it a couple of times and it's pretty cool.

Pretty good post/username combo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I can go without eating for a month or two, right?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Fayez Butts posted:

Showing $799 to me. Is the deal already over?

Looks like it is. That was fast. eBay scalpers must have bought out all the stock that was cleared for markdown, just like when the Porsche 911 went on sale a few weeks ago.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ineptitude posted:

So i checked the store not long after receiving that email alerting me of the sale and over 200 of the 318 items on sale are already out of stock.

Did they have like 1 of each for sale?

Resellers buy most of them all at the discount and put them on eBay at just under full price.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ivantod posted:

Yep. Gotta be there at the very moment the sale opens (midnight, presumably?) if you want to have even a fighting chance of getting any remotely interesting sets before they are all bought up. I guess Lego doesn't care because the sets sell out either way, so...

Unfortunately I don’t think Lego is really in a position to care. They aren’t exactly making money hand over fist these days so from their perspective if they can move a bunch of slow-selling high value sets quickly, they don’t really care who’s buying. The last time both the Technic Porsche and the UCS Falcon went on discount they sold out in under 3 hours. Sucks for the regular who didn’t know about the sale. Im still pissed about missing the Porsche for under $200; I would have finally pulled the trigger.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I had gotten the Bond Aston Martin for my birthday a few months back and was pretty impressed at all the gear work that went into it. It was a pretty fun build with very little repetition. The ejector seat especially is quite clever since it actually works 95% of the time. I got the ship in the bottle for Christmas, which was a little disappointing build-wise but looks very cool as a display piece.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
That’s cool as hell

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh yeah, I dig that a lot. Could use a little iterating though; factor out the pretty lighting and there's a lot of just brooooown.

You should submit the tiny house ‘n truck to Ideas

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Picked up the new Technic Corvette on a whim last night. Honestly, a pretty cool build for the price. I was expecting an hour or two based on the relatively low piece count, but ended up taking the better part of 4. The drive chain assembly for pushing the engine pistons is neat because it requires both rear wheels to be rolling together to function. There’s an alternate hot rod build too so for $50 not a bad deal at all considering the branding and number of unique pieces.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nth Doctor posted:

Has anyone built the Technic racing yacht? I've seen it at Target a few times but haven't decided if I want to pull the trigger yet.

Also that Corvette looks pretty cool for the price point.

I’ve been wanting the Technic Porsche for a while but just can’t justify a $300 Lego purchase. The Corvette has the same orange-and-black color scheme that I like and I’ve spent $50 on dumber things in the past. My stepson and I both have tomorrow off of work and school so I’ll probably take it apart and see if he wants to do the hot rod rebuild.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waltzing Along posted:

I think it was $170 on amazon a few weeks back. Sold fast, of course.

Yeah Walmart did it too around Christmas. The resellers bought them all within a few hours. Same thing when the UCS Falcon was $200 bucks off a while back.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Carbohydrates posted:

beep beep

1969 AMC Hurst/SC Rambler. I love the general form factor of this adorable little muscle car, but it's the arrow graphic pointing into the scoop that made me want to actually build it. The front of this thing is a bit complex (try to figure out how that white 1x6 tile under the headlights is attached!) but it actually turned out to be one of my more stable finished models, which is nice. Comfortably seats a fig, steering wheel, gauges, etc. The wheels don't freely turn on this one, though. I could have made them do so with technic bricks and half pins, but it's more stable this way and I like the ride height and ground clearance a lot. It's so sleek!

The color blocking on this one makes me happy.

This minifig is so good.

Finally, due to many requests, I've started uploading instructions to Rebrickable. Thanks so much for the support.

How the hell do you not work for Lego?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Groetgaffel posted:

Mustang review is up.

tl;dr: Best creator expert car so far.

Sigh....

*opens wallet*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s the odds on being able to get the Creator Mustang when it drops on Friday? I’ve never bought anything direct from Lego before, but I want to earn the VIP points for the decent sized purchase. With the decent previews so far it looks like it might be a popular set.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Scipiotik posted:

Going to a store or online? online can be hit and miss as if it's popular their website will turn into slag. I don't think it'll be more popular than the Sat-v. I don't think you'll have issues getting it release day. Also I think it'll go live midnight eastern, so plan accordingly to your locality (or if you are not an american).

Probably buying online, eastern US. I have a Lego store reasonably close but it would be a pain to get to after work. I’ll check the website in the morning and see if I can get an order in.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cojawfee posted:

Mustang has been up for 40 minutes and isn't sold out, so it might be easier to get.

I was able to get it from the webstore this morning so either the demand isn’t there yet or they did a decent sized first production run.

Also the new Technic Corvette ZR1 earns double points right now for anyone who’s on the shelf about it might be a good time to pick it up.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kefkafloyd posted:

Picked up the Mustang this morning, got a bonus bumper sticker and VIP Mustang keychain. :toot:

Got the keychain and a Unikitty poly bag with my online order.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also, I have a free shipping code that expires Sunday. I’m not going to use it. Whoever PMs me first can have it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Darth TNT posted:

It releases on the 1st of April. Maybe it's a joke? :smith:

It looks brilliant though. :(

The two exclusive mini figs are pushing the price up $30

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Feenix posted:

Just got the new Expert ‘Stang.

Can’t wait!

It’s an awesome build, have fun!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

IG-88 posted:

If you guys wanted to unload a LEGO collection valued a bit over 6k retail (sealed boxes). What would the best method be? Craigslist, Offer Up, eBay or Bricklink? I'm just weary of setting up auctions on eBay and then having people also trying to buy the same stuff off the other sites. Maybe I'm wrong. Surely someone has experience in this.

This includes things like OG SW Cantina, Wall-e, old Ghostbusters car and the Delorean.

Is the Ghostbusters car the 21108 Ecto-1? If it is and it’s new in box I’ll make you an offer. I gave up on eBay. Trying to buy Lego on eBay is frustrating as hell.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hasn’t this happened before and they just come back with a slightly different name?

RIP Lepin

Long live Lobin

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyone ever have any luck convincing store staff to give you the VIP bonus even if your purchase doesn’t meet all of the criteria? I want the micro Battle of Hoth set but don’t really want anything else from the Star Wars line (other than the UCS Falcon which isn’t in my price range). I was thinking about splurging on Voltron and seeing if they’d tack on the Hoth bonus since I at least met the dollar value.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

veni veni veni posted:

Looks like it's 40-$50 bux right now. Might as well just spend the $75 and get it for free along with a $75 set lol.

Honestly just ask them. I've had them throw in leftover bonus stuff for me a bunch of times that I wasn't expecting (I didn't ask they just did it). But I did notice that they have to scan it when I was at the store, so they might be blocked off from doing it at a systems level.

Yeah, actually I had forgotten about the UCS Y-Wing so might go with that over Voltron and get the bonus anyway.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Bit on the UCS Y-Wing. Did online and will have to wait for the back order, but it will give me time to put up a shelf in the rumpus room for it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Serperoth posted:

Has anyone else had trouble finding the Mustang? I checked both the LEGO store and a general toy store on Saturday and they were completely out. LEGO store guy told me that they'd sold like 40 or 50 of them over Easter (Orthodox so, one week after the other Easter), offered to order one for me.

Also I love the little Creator 3-in-1 sets. Same parts, you just do different stuff with them. And they seem like a good source of parts, just as a decent random selection

I got the ‘Stang at launch and didn’t have an issue, but I’ve heard that the physical stores have lower stocks now. It appears to be in stock on the web store if that’s an option for you.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Taintrunner posted:

Can anyone here give me a rough estimate of how long it takes to build the Saturn V or the 75105 version of the Millenium Falcon? Just curious for setting my schedule.

I built the the Saturn V over 3 days I think, maybe 2 or 3 hours a day, so 6 to 8 hours maybe? It was my first set in years though so I probably took longer while marveling at how complex the builds have gotten.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

s.i.r.e. posted:

When purchasing online from the LEGO Store, can I buy it online and pick it up at my local LEGO Store the next day? I'm impatient.

Nope. Better off just calling the store and seeing if it’s in stock.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Is the Stranger Things reveal tonight a VIP early access thing or are they just releasing it into the wild for everyone tonight? I don’t remember getting an email like I did for Steamboat Willie.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
UCS Y-Wing getting delivered today :toot:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Habibi posted:

I'm waiting for the UCS Y-Wing to go on sale. Come to papa, baby.

I built my Y-Wing this weekend. I don’t think UCS goes on sale too often, maybe once they’re going out of print. I picked up the Y during the May the 4th promo for the double points and micro Hoth set bonus (which is honestly pretty cool).

In any case, it’s an awesome set with very little repetition (the engines are identical but quick builds), although holy greebling Batman, my fingers are still sore.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Holy poo poo (sorry for the huge pic, it’s a phone screenshot)

Well that’s a :homebrew:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cloks posted:

They'll ship the bonus to you immediately.

Not in my experience. They put the bonus aside and ship it with the back ordered main item.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

veni veni veni posted:

I feel bad disliking that set so much, because the T rex is such a cool build as it's own thing. But it doesn't even look like the JP T Rex, doesn't scale to the minifigures, and they just utterly failed so hard at what people wanted out of a big JP set.

They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

EvilJoven posted:

Ghost train looks dumb I bet you can't even suplex it.

:hmmyes:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol at $249 for the 4x4 Off-Roader at less than 1000 pieces

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product...PAug_Totebag_NA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

a sexual elk posted:

Was able to get the new UCS Y-Wing off Amazon for $150, cause the box was beat to poo poo so they called it “renewed”. Halfway thru the build and this thing is loving dense. Loving it.

It really is a fantastic set, although it burned me out on Lego for a while.