Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Gibbo posted:

Not really HM related but Lords of waifuMagna comes out on Tuesday.

Got my preorder ready as a sort of send off for Neverland. :japan:

Hopefully the game's not poo poo

The regular game graphics look good, but I really do not like the art style of the portraits. I wish they had kept the rune factory look.

I'm also hoping the game is good, but I would never preorder it, no matter how much I loved rune factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Toriori posted:

Okay, I swear I have been pregnant in game waaaay too long. I have the totally upgraded house, what the hell could I be doing wrong? I did the most expensive wedding as well.

If you're talking about story of seasons, the wedding type only changes when you first get pregnant. The pregnancy lasts 30 days no matter what you do

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

story of seasons was kind of boring as a rune factory fan

lord of magna is trash, don't play it

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

someone, anyone, please make a new rune factory for me to play

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, I got a Protein from a contest, and should I use it or sell it? Looks like buying another one would require a ton of cash, but I don't know how important stats are here.

I always sell mine early for the quickstart cash. It's up to you though, you can make them later on with your pharmacy :D

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

You should probably get 4. I love the characters in 3 but RF4 is better than RF3 in nearly every other way

After playing 4, gently caress 3's crafting!!!!!

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

IAmTheRad posted:

Good news! Stardew Valley will have Xbox controller support.

It was said on the Stream.

:worship:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

stardew valley is kind of cool but the characters have like negative personality, lol

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

It's also really ugly, but maybe mods will help with that.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Rune factory 3 does not. Rune factory 4 also doesn't, but has event gating. Might want to just skip to 3 dude, 1 and 2 are not very good games

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

If you don't play them all in order you'll miss out on a lot of context for the story.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

lol

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

SC Bracer posted:

selling all the l10 gold juice you can possibly ship in one go is like 720 million gold, it's brilliant.

It's awesome. Helps a lot in ng+ when you increase enemy levels

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Some new (?) stuff from the next story of seasons game

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/story-of-seasons-scans-and-details-for-the-latest-entry-new-characters-clothes-more/

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

http://nintendoeverything.com/story-of-seasons-good-friends-of-three-villages-details-characters-events-facilities/

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

That'd be four squiggles :science:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/story-seasons-good-friends-three-villages-second-trailer-more-marriage-candidates-introduced

Another trailer. Also one of the comments says that inari is a candidate for both genders, which is pretty cool.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

Has anyone heard anything about Rune Factory 5? I heard the publisher still wants to make it even though the developer went under, but I'm wondering if they'll really be able to capture that charm. If they can't, what the hell am I going to play after Rune Factory 4!?

:nutshot:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

The Colonel posted:

i married raven in rf3

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

gmq posted:

I pity the fools that didn't marry the best elf.

Oh well, as long we all agree that the worst were incest girl and food girl.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Pic of the player's family

http://nintendoeverything.com/story-of-seasons-good-friends-of-three-villages-introduces-your-family/

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

This guy has my favorite art of the bachelors

Too bad he's in a bad game...

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Sooner or later

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/16/11954660/story-of-seasons-same-sex-marriage-harvest-moon

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Here's the first 30 minutes of the new game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RsKb5svX_o

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

dmboogie posted:

Looking at the reviews, you can't even befriend the non-bachelorette villagers.

:staredog:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

In RF4, what's the penalty for growing things in the wrong season?

The main thing is that they grow slower, and if the description of the crop specifically says that it's a bad season then it gets pretty slow. However, out of season crops are also harder to giantize

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Corridor posted:

oh
my
freaking
god

i just realised that i can place a stack of 99 branches, hit them once with the axe, and get a stack of 99 lumber, what the gently caress

was this in the ANB as well??? i am losing my poo poo here

yes

:science:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

SylvainMustach posted:

is this where we talk about Rune Factory?

If so, how are the Wii games and is one better than the other?

I've only played the first RF game and I do like it quite a bit. Thanks.

Frontier has one of the worst gameplay mechanics ever made in the runey system. Tides is actually an alright game, but they kinda destroyed the farming aspects

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I've been playing frontier (without runeys this time :ninja:) and tomatoes w/ onions is kind of ridiculous at max prosperity cause of really fast ketchup making without having to worry about formulas.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

Trio of Towns is getting another patch in Japan, this time it adds two new marriage candidates (I guess Stardew Valley was just that influential). The new bachelorette is Stephanie, the host for all the contests.

The new bachelor is...

lol

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

They announce a ridiculous bachelor and you're arguing about Game Politics :eng99:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns has a NA release date, it'll be out on February 28.

They're still undecided on bringing over the post-launch DLC - the tl;dr is that it's an extreme amount of text, so they'll either have to release it as paid DLC to recoup the cost or simply not bother bringing it over, and the content wouldn't be 1:1 with what was released in Japan: http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/156774860925/about-dlc-for-story-of-seasons-trio-of-towns

EDIT: oh, and Skytree Village got some DLC marraige candidates.

Trio of Towns seems to have fixed a lot of SoS's problems, so I hope we do get the dlc.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Dehry posted:

Go right ahead.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

No dates or price yet, but xseed announced that they're gonna do all the dlc.

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/157666064055/story-of-seasons-trio-of-towns-localization-blog

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

endolithic posted:

Edit: i have a living family with sprites and everything what the heck

Yeah I really liked that part. I just started, but the beginning has been awesome so far. The cash from the tycoon start let me get some animals going pretty quickly, which is cool

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I'm really enjoying the game but it didn't take me long to turn off the music and play my own lol

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

MotU posted:

oh man i got the preorder bonus too heck yeah

"3.5 inches of adorableness"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

This opening scene of Trio of Towns is making me want to just shut off the game. Let me loving play already.:(

I thought the intro was pretty decent personally. Much better than the last game's intro, and it seemed quite a bit shorter

• Locked thread