Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I started Suikoden after having never played it and I'm looking for guides for not missing any of the guys because I understand there's a ton of them to get but I literally keep running into big spoilers trying to read any. very dumb

Suikosource's guide (which Endorph linked) or this one go in order of when they're earliest available, so it should be fairly easy to avoid the (admittedly light) spoilers in those guides.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

even this one has kind of immediately in front of your eyes "available after you become leader of the resistance" which isn't exactly the most high intensity spoiler in a '90s JRPG but drat!

e: I wish these were more like "okay no sweat until you get to the Lake Fortress, then make sure you talk to everyone." generalized, vague, so I remain pure during my playthrough of the hundred-year-old game

Suikoden recruitment can get pretty esoteric in its requirements so guides can't really get more vague without it being to the point of uselessness.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Yeah, in the two times I've played through Royal I pretty naturally ended up in the level 90 range without doing any grinding save for what happened while gathering all of Jose's flowers.

Yusuke almost never left my party, with how much easier it is to trigger Baton Passes and the ludicrous damage buff his Baton Pass-relevant abilities get.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rascyc posted:

riki >> manana > riku >>>>>>>>>> tatsu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> taro

where do Kino and Nene fit on this scale

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

NikkolasKing posted:

Yes? What would you describe the music as? It's got a really silly Halloween vibe to it which fits the Ghost Train' perfectly. It's a really cool song, by the way. Nothing against the tune.

Your read on anything and everything in any thread I see you post in genuinely baffles me.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I started playing Chained Echoes, the battle system is wonderful, the spritework is gorgeous and the music is catchy, but gently caress is the character dialog absolutely dreadful. Extremely stilted and with no personality or individuality to any character.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

RillAkBea posted:

Jesus, I'm not sure if you could make a more unbearably trite design if you tried.

Now now, I.V. isn't out yet!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
A remake of Wild ARMS 2 would be so welcome, as long as it's not, well, Alter Code F 2.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

NikkolasKing posted:

So Bro Nier is just as angry and single-minded as Father Nier? Sounds kinda interesting.

It's more that Brother Nier starts at a 4/10 on the furious scale, whereas Father Nier starts at a 7, then both eventually hit 10/10. The difference ends up more pronounced with Brother.

Worth noting that Replicant ver1.22 does improve the combat from "not good" to "serviceable."

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Junpei posted:

yes I get it's a reference to his last name motif I want to know why they did that is all

Because Squall is exactly the kind of dork to think that going by a pseudonym is necessary in a situation where literally no one else cares

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Televisio Frankus posted:

All of this talk of social links and dating sims is reminding me of Radiata Stories, and I want a game like it that doesn't suck to play.

So... Radiata Stories

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Radiata Stories rules and it's a crime it didn't become a franchise

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Star Ocean 2 Remake Remake is great to exist. I'm glad the best possible version of that game is coming out so that people can have the best time realizing that at it's peak SO as a franchise is less than mid.

Y'know, I agree with you a lot of the time.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
My first JRPG crush was Katt from Breath of Fire II, and in light of that it's kind of surprising I'm not a furry.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Sometimes SaGa Frontier decides your hubris deserves to be checked and there's nothing you can do except accept its judgement.

https://twitter.com/thenamnesor/status/1462632266044088331

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

mycot posted:

I'm trying to think of the sickest but shortest-lived fit in rpgs. There's definitely at least one.

ImpAtom posted:

The protagonist's 'main' outfit. It's fine, pretty flashy and distinctive.

The disguise outfit, which I just think looks way cooler. It obviously evokes Tir McDohl but I just think it looks cooler.

He has two other outfits too but I like his 'disguise' one the most.
I think this has to go to Freyjadour's Royal Commander outfit, as you see it for like ten seconds of a single cutscene in the true ending of the game, and it fuckin rips

EDIT: Sialeeds' disguise also rips

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
RoF's combat system is all flash, zero substance. The winning tactic you learn in the first chapter is the winning tactic through the entire game, and it isn't that other tactics aren't viable, it's that other tactics don't exist.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Snooze Cruise posted:

i see... so what you are saying is ideally we should combine resonance of fate's system with the last remnant's. this is a great idea, and i am jealous i did not come up with it first.

unironically agree

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
FF4DS got hit the least by the faux-shakespearean Alexander O Smith train. I'm sure in large part that FF4 has comparatively little dialog and a very simple story compared to the other stuff Smith worked on.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Every 1st Class SOLDIER has a gimmick, and Zack's is that he doesn't.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 6, 2024

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't remember any crabs in Nier

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Evergrace is one of those games I played when it first released and am super glad I did, but the thought of ever playing it again sends shivers down my spine.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Sakurazuka posted:

I still don't even know what homestuck is

Keep it that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Goofy constantly owning the villains with facts and logic and the scene before the Dark Aqua boss fight where D&G treat Sora as their large adult son as they see him off to fight alone. "You promise to be good?"

Plus Donald casting Zettaflare, cementing him as the most powerful mage