Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Yeah the interiors mod(s) are really cool in concept--who doesn't want more places to explore?--but the creator made them all stick out by packing each interior full of stupid collectibles and knick knacks. Plus I feel like many of them had way too many placed vanilla items...walk into an easily accessible room and walk out with weeks and weeks worth of alcohol and foodstuffs, or tons of rarer scrap parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Naky posted:

Just to warn people, we're letting the happygeckosoftware.com domain die along with the hosting so whatever's been hosted on there is going with it. That includes The Armory. It's been a dead project for a while and the month stats for the site have been pretty low so we're yankin' it. Unfortunately that means some of the other hosted stuff (that's linked in the OP) will go with it so I don't know if people want to up it all to a mega or something somewhere but that's up to you guys.

I can't remember but isn't LPAM hosted on there too?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Raygereio posted:

Here are some links to stuff that was hosted on happygeckosoftware.com
Simple Street Lights
Secret Stash
Low-Profile Armor Mod (LPAM)
Unified Backpack Mod
PoliceAutomaton's Armor Compilation
The Armory

I don't have a backup of Lombard Station.

Nice! Am I alright to update the OP links with these?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

khy posted:

Please help me goons. I have two problems with the game that I wish to fix, and I turn to modding.

1) Hats. I want a specific style hat for one of my characters. I'm going for a 'dark mysterious guy' look, similar to Jonah Hex or the Dark Tower Gunslinger. None of the hats currently fit the bill. I guess what I'm looking for is a sherrif's hat/cowboy hat that doesn't have the brim curled up on the sides, and if possible might actually have it dip down a bit in the front. Browsing for a specific hat on Nexus is next to impossible and all the big hat compilations I've found have turned up nothing.

2) Trenchcoat. Looking for a long, dark trenchcoat for the same character. Once again, looking for a specific style on Nexus has been challenging. I've yet to find quite what I want. Hoping someone here might ahve an idea.

ALSO

I'm trying to figure out weapons. Guns feel lackluster and boring compared to Energy Weapons but I ALWAYS use energy weapons and I want to try guns. How can I make guns more interesting to use?

Do you want to become Chakan?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Check back the last few pages. Raygereio rehosted all of the HGS links to MEGA but C-O-P hasn't updated the links for them yet I don't think.

Nah I updated them about a week and a half ago.

If anybody has any problems with those relevant links in the OP, just let me know and I can see if I made a mistake when I was updating them.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Raygereio posted:

Lombard Station's link hasn't been updated yet.

Ooooh right, right, that wasn't on the first post you made so I forgot about that link. Thanks for the heads up, it's been updated.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

maev posted:

Thanks guys, so is New Vegas the superior choice over Fallout 3? I'm about to start setting this poo poo up.

There are people who argue that Fallout 3's environment was more interesting to explore and lent itself more to a mindless romp around the wasteland, dungeon-delving and slaughtering enemies. The actual roleplaying aspects of Fallout 3 were very poor, however, and that was something mods couldn't do very much to address. So you have really great stuff like "Fallout Wanderer's Edition (FWE)" that overhauls the game and makes it more challenging, and "Mart's Mutant Mod" that revamps and expands on the beastiary and makes that more interesting, but you're still going to be stuck with the same dumb characters and quests.

New Vegas is pretty much Fallout 3 Plus, in the sense that everything Fallout 3 had, New Vegas also has, plus it has other improvements to the base game. Primary Needs, weapon modding, traits, (a more fleshed out) crafting, reloading, and cooking systems, and generally stronger roleplaying and questing aspects. Some people find the Mojave to be more boring than Fallout 3's capital wasteland, but it's a difficult argument to make that Fallout 3 had a better story, or more ways to build a character, or more items to find, steal, and make.

Honestly, I feel that New Vegas is a vastly better game than Fallout 3. Part of the replay value for me is the ability to build different characters that can actually behave in different, meaningful ways, and New Vegas really gives you a lot of room in that regard.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 28, 2015

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brainamp posted:

So I've had new vegas for years now and never done a legion run. Any mods to recommend for that side of the mojave?

Caesar's New Regime might be a cool mod to check out.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

frajaq posted:

For someone that want's to revisit Fallout 3 (already played New Vegas a fuckload of times), what would be some good mods to shake things up, the stuff that changes a LOT, you know?

This seems to be a pretty popular question lately, but I've always felt that a combination of:

Fallout Wanderer's Edition: Highly configurable gameplay overhaul that serves as a good "base" for a modding rampage in the same way that Project Nevada is for New Vegas.
Mart's Mutant Mod: An overhaul of enemies/mutants/wildlife, including a bunch of adjustable optional features.
Weapon Mod Kits (WMK): Gives you the ability to modify FO3 weapons in a similar (albeit less expansive) manner to New Vegas' own weapon modding system.
Better Living Through Chems: Significantly tweaks preexisting chemical items (i.e. Stimpaks, Buffout, Psycho, etc.) and adds a whole bunch of new chems to the game; also gives them various visual effects. So if you pop something like MDMA, things will get "fuzzy" while colors become intense and vibrant; alcohols will increasingly blur your vision as you drink more and more, etc.
DCInteriors Project: A much more ambitious project than we ever got for New Vegas; adds a ton of new interior locations across the map that help make the DC ruins more interesting to explore.
Fellout: Like DCInteriors Project, FO3's Fellout is a lot more extensive than the version for NV. It basically acts like a lighting and weather overhaul.

That's in addition to the FOIP patches and modules that will make all of these mods work together, the "quality of life" modding (like installing DarnUI for fonts/HUD), and graphical stuff like NMC's Textures and the Hi-Res Weapons Pack V3.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

frajaq posted:

That looks good, thank you!

Do these mods help solve the bullet-sponge enemies problem in Vanilla, like super mutant overlords and albino radscorpions?

Hmmm that's a good question. FWE, for example, has a "global damage" multiplier that defaults to 2.0x, meaning that you'll kill (and be killed) twice as quick at the same amount of HP; it's adjustable up to 3.0x. Mart's Mutant Mod has options to influence NPC stat scaling, as well. It's been a while for me, but I think the answer to your question is (at least partially) "yes".

Naky posted:

Most people seem to recommend revisiting FO3 through FNV using TTW though. Far more stable and with some work FNV mods will work and cross over into the capital wasteland too.

Yeah, this is true too.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Woebin posted:

This looked pretty cool at first, but then I found this.

:nexus:

Aw, it seemed to have started out as a really good mod, too. I guess it could be worse.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

HogX posted:

Okay, so I haven't played this game in a LONG time, and I have no clue what's up with the current mod scene. I downloaded FOMM and the script extender, as well as CONELRAD. What does everyone suggest as must-haves for balance mods/general improvement mods/more variety of weapons/perks etc. mods?

The OP is almost entirely created by the feedback in this thread (when possible) so you might want to check that out.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for reposting this. I'll try to add it to the OP so it can be referenced in the future.

EDIT:

Recently started getting back into this game for the umpteenth time--poked around the Nexus and saw this mod, which aims to attack the game's economy through a number of scripts. First, it makes different vendors behave differently based on different priorities (doctors are more interested in medical items, gun runners in guns, etc.) and things like their geographic location (large, connected, established stores less willing to haggle; smaller, remote places more desperate to close a transaction, etc.)

Then it also goes after item degradation from a very peculiar angle: It looks at all of the poo poo in your inventory and the things you're doing while it's in your inventory. So drinks in glass bottles might break if you're getting blown up; food might rot or become irradiated if it stays in your bag for too long or you go diving into glowing goo; general items might get deteriorate from getting shot too many times, etc.

Pretty curious to see how this mod plays out because, while it sounds pretty unusual and interesting, it also has the potential to just be a micromanaging headache.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 8, 2015

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Zeron posted:

I tried putting both of those on an SSD and saw no noticeable improvement myself(not in loading screens or ingame), so I guess it depends on your bottleneck.

Yeah, I'll also say that I went from New Vegas being on a pretty standard 3.5" 7200 RPM HDD to a Samsung 840 SSD and I haven't noticed a significant jump in load times or general performance (although I don't feel like there was an issue to begin with, either). I think load times might have improved very slightly in Skyrim (significantly modded, as well) but I can't say for certain--I just usually don't have enough time to read whatever "tip" is on the load screen.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Firstborn posted:

I don't think I ever used any of these mods. I'm going to try Project Nevada, JSawyer, CCO. Does that add new weapons and armor and stuff, too?

E: Thanks Lambeth, you've been a great help.

If you use the "equipment" module of Project Nevada, it will add a bunch of weapons and armor to the game, yeah. CCO and JSawyer are mostly tweaks; JSawyer will redistribute the mini-DLC pack items and armor (what is now known as the "Courier's Stash") into the world, rather than having you spawn with everything from square one. But that doesn't really count as "adding" something new.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

warsow posted:

How do I fix the above?
It also happens in game where the text is all jumbled.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
FCOMaster.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
NevadaSkies.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
CASM with MCM.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
FCO - Playable Races.esp
FPSWeaponWheel.esp
JIP Fast-Travel Anywhere.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp

You've got DarnUI installed but you haven't edited the Fallout.INI to reflect the font changes DarnUI needs.

If you have edited the Fallout.INI to reflect the changes, then something (possibly by trying to launch the game through Steam) caused those changes to be overwritten.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Psion posted:

unfortunately, no. King of Swag disappeared off the earth. Lombard is clearly cursed.

They say the ghost of Swag still haunts those empty hallways. If you try to put 45-70 in the .45 ammo container you might even hear a ghostly, "those aren't the same thing, pleeeeeeebe..."

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

ToxicAcne posted:

Is there any way to reduce the difficulty of the Capital wasteland super mutants in TTW? I tried the option in the mod manager, bit it made no difference.

This may not be the answer you're looking for (and I don't know if there's a sort of TTW patch for this already, given that it seems to be a pretty common gripe) but you can probably open up the plugin(s) in FNVEdit and change the health values for DC super mutants, as well as the traits that give them their DT.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

GrizzlyCow posted:

Did you use this mod by any chance? Just the hair mod on its own shouldn't be distributing new hair styles to NPCs, I don't think. Unless you're using a Bashed Patch and the NPC had no assigned hair already.

Like, I sure as hell hope that Wasters Overhaul wasn't linked in the OP.

Anyway, the only way to fix everything is to just delete your saves. Sorry about that.

edit: What my brain tells me what I meant to say was that I don't know you would turn everyone's hair back to normal and poo poo.

Is the Wasters Overhaul linked in the OP? I know that I provided links to two separate overhaul guides (one being an overhaul around TTW) because a lot of people were talking about how useful they were in the thread for a while.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

GrizzlyCow posted:

Found it. In your second post under How do I make my game beautiful like all of these HD-Texture-ENB-using-ini-tweaking screenshots people post everywhere?, in Zodium's quote.

Man. How many people read that and used Waster Overhaul?

Oh no kidding, huh...thanks for finding that. Alright, sorry Zodium, I modified your quote to exclude the Waster Overhaul and hair pack, but your instructions still seem really useful for general environment and ENB setups so I'll keep the rest of it up to avoid further confusion.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 25, 2015

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

2house2fly posted:

Can you not just turn the storms off in the Nevada Skies menu?

I don't know about him, but it seemed like even when I disabled Nevada Skies' rad/storms with the in-game inventory item, I'd still periodically get storms, especially when going from interior to exterior cells. Not a lot, but often enough to be distracting. I don't know if Nevada Skies has MCM integration now, though, because maybe it'd be more effective, but this was prior to that (if it exists now).

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

I decided I wanted to mod Oblivion earlier tonight which took a good 3-4 hours to get a good base down and that all works great. Then I decided I would do some fixing up on my NV install while I was at it. Managed to totally break my hud somehow. Everything else worked perfectly except the hud.

What's wrong with the HUD?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

GRA - Right to Bear Arms had a weird interaction with that LPAM outfit mod I threw together with another goon a while back. I remember that using the two mods together would cause a lot of NPCs to have multiple outfits in their inventory, and traced it back to a change that GRA - RtBA made to the leather armor leveled list (I think). Something about checking the box for calculating for all items in the leveled list, if I remember correctly.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Alouicious posted:

so is there any way to fix it or am i stuck with the Undies Patrol unless I uninstall RTBA?

Let me poke at it when I get home and see if I can remember what I did to fix my own problem. It could help you.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Alouicious posted:

if there was a version of TRTBA that just placed the GRA uniques in the world without doing any of that other stuff that'd be amazing but unfortunately no dice

The only thing I can think of is to use the console (or FNVEdit) to modify the 3 or 4 TRTBA scripts that add GRA weapons, ammo, recipes, and notes to the leveled lists, and disable all of them (set them to...100? I guess) except for the one that adds the notes to locate unique weapons.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Going past 100 plugins is when the game starts acting weird because of too many plugins, right?

Also has Cliff Briscoe always been a terrible caravan player with a load of cash or did one of the mods I'm using do that.

Cliff Briscoe's always a shithead who has 30-odd cards and 25 of them are Jacks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Cliff Briscoe is a gentleman and a saint you take that back :mad:

After he played nearly half a dozen jacks in a row, I shot him in the face with a 12 gauge coinshot.

"Keep the change." :clint:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Alouicious posted:

speaking of caravan, gently caress Johnson Nash, dude is a loving shark

Oh poo poo, that's who I was thinking of who plays all of those goddamned Jacks, not Briscoe.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Thanks, but this code does nothing.

If it's an item, I think you'd have to add it like other items: player.additem 01025e1b 1, although the specific "01025e1b1" might change depending on where the Lombard Station plugin is in your load order.

EDIT: This
VVVVVVVVVV

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 26, 2015

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

widespread posted:

Does this look okay to anyone? Because I'm not sure if it is. Running both FCO and NVR3.

All in this load order.

You look like a dude crossdressing as an ugly Brooke Shields.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

widespread posted:

Would you believe I actually managed to get that fixed up a few days later. As it turns out, FCO can't be on and NVR3 had to be on the end of their respective lists.

Now it looks like this.

Yes, that's DYNAVISION 3's Trek Vaseline Lens and no, I won't stop using it for screenies like that.

Yeah I honestly thought that could have been the problem, but I haven't been able to look at my own load order to find out for certain. Glad you fixed the problem, though.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Raygereio posted:

Weird. The file is still up, but for some weird reason the link became invalid. Here's a working one:
https://mega.nz/#!XtJ1DbjI!uCe2cqa0Lz01xxFNHSVDFAl8kFmnYO7fUpszOd4N-70

Very strange, but thanks for this--I updated the OP with the link.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Raygereio posted:

Don't think so. According to their TOS mega deletes copyrighted files, but the file was still up on my mega account. Just the link to it didn't work anymore for some weird reason.
Just checked the link to the other files I dumped on mega. Here are updated ones for Unified Backpack mod & Lombard Station. The others still work.

Interesting. I'll update these links when I get home tonight.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

Since the armory appears to be dead(?) are there any other respected mods to add more guns and melee poo poo, because I sure love collecting poo poo

If you love collecting poo poo (and also Easter egg hunts) then AG Supplementary Uniques might be a great mod for you. I am pretty sure I have it in the OP and its most recent version has a ton of unique weapons for you to collect.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Right to Bear Arms conflicts with Fook-PN Convergence? I'm using them together and everything seems fine.

Also I just played Autumn Leaves and it loving owns, everyone play it.

Can you elaborate on your experience with Autumn Leaves? It would be nice to update the OP with some more quest mods, since that seems to be a pretty common request from people.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Falukorv posted:

Default, but I've turned off auto save and instead quick save regularly.

If I remember correctly the quick save can be buggy as poo poo in a modded NV game as well.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

We need a whole new modding thread at the OP will never get updated.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this essentially has all the good stuff for the modern scene? we should see if that can get added to the OP

Hey folks--can't believe this thread is almost ten years old at this point! I wanted to let you know that ShallNoiseUpon PM'ed me and asked if I could put the link from SeanBeansShako into the OP. It's now at the very top of the first post, along with a disclaimer that a lot of the information in the OP hasn't been updated in years and is likely broken/obsolete.

I obviously won't begrudge the community for opting to start a new modding thread if they want; I kind of ran out of bandwidth to keep it updated about 5 years ago, but at the very least you'll all be able to say "check the very first link at the top of the very first page" for the time being.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

Holy jumping shitballs, I "was" interested in the Frontier mod when i last posted here. This is what finally changed the thread title?

RIP in peace Molerat Boobs. I didn’t intend for you to last as long as you did, but at least a fantastic mod is what ended your era. :rip: