Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I listened to the B&V show for the first time in about 2 years today after renewing my subscription a few weeks back. Them lighting TNA on fire was something I always enjoyed immensely, but they just sound so sad and broken down on this one. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Pretty sure debit card users got bit too, because my account also got got.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Not really WWE itself, but he just bitches about the issues with modern wrestling in general (particularly heels not being able to cheat :psyduck:. ) Mind you I've only listened to 2 of his podcasts, but if most everyone is to be believed, he does this on every show.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Rip Rogers doing the same thing on Twitter is a thousand times more entertaining, though.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah, I bought Bret's book 6 years ago and I still enjoy opening it to read a few stories every now and then.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

There is a thread on the F4W board about a TNA meeting in Nashville that Dave popped into to say he was looking to confirm information. Maybe Inoki bought the company. :v:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Not sure if Dave's pessimistic intro there is indicative of bad news or "oh gently caress, more work for me."

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

KENTA's signing would've been a bigger deal than those two and that was hardly "biggest news of the year" worthy.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

epitasis posted:

who are those people

FO_VVerhei is Vinny from the Bryan/Vinny Show on F4W.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I really don't care much about star ratings at all, but a topic about the worst/most undeserving match Dave ever gave ***** to would probably be fun.

Bret/Owen at Summerslam '94 would be my choice.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Dunbar posted:

I think he's rated 3 Wargames matches 5* and I wouldn't agree with any of them. But there are way more matches I'd give 5* that he didn't than matches he gave 5* that I wouldn't have.

Wargames '92 is absolutely deserving, IMO. My favorite WCW match ever.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I seldom listen to Colt's podcast, but the one with Rip Rogers a few months back is pretty great.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Ziggler would sell the Rainmaker with a full 360 back onto his feet and superkick Okada before collapsing.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Probably Hogan in '93.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Makabe: Grabs them cakes. All of them.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Dreamsicle posted:

Well someone who keeps reminding everyone how scummy he is.

Has Sunny asked you to buy poo poo off her Amazon wishlist or donate to her cancer fund yet?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Like WWE fans are smart enough to understand how a round robin tourney would work.

dunn.gif

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Listening to B&V.

Vinny's cat. :smith:

E: Oh but there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b-Jd9EiBPg :unsmith:

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 29, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Bryan's turn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IX0kYE5jMg

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

This week's Raw really showed their lack of understanding and the cracks in their booking. They put Roman Reigns, the most protected guy in the company, in a position to not only get booed, but get "Let's go Cena" chanted during his match.

Sometimes they can't even protect the guys they want to.

Per the Obsever, most people there think Reigns right now is "like a home town guy before any crowd." Probably only a matter of time before the crowd rebels and begins chanting for Ambrose or Bryan during his matches/segments.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I am totally on board with Talk'n Shop now.

"I was fat, I don't fuckin' know!" had me rolling.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Best thing Bix ever did was get tooled by Bischoff on WOL.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Who is McGee and why is this match important or noteworthy?

Tom had a great physique, and Bret made him look so good in the ring that Vince was in the back screaming to anyone within earshot "That's my next champion!" Tom ended up out of the company very shortly thereafter (before the match was to even air IIRC), and his other footnote in history was a horrific match with Hiroshi Wajima that won WMOTY honors in the Observer.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

coconono posted:

Paying for Gary Goodridge's medical bills hoot

OW MY EYE hoot

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

This is my only real criticism of AEPodcast. I wouldn't mind them doing so many bonus episodes if they still included Billy on them. Because his charming naivety is the best part.

Like when he had his heart broken by The Rock at SurvSer 98. :allears:

The blonde woman in the front row who was cheering so much for Rock the entire show and basically became Angry Miz Girl after he turned is one of my favorite wrestling fan moments ever.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Rodney the Piper posted:

It's Big Dave's birthday.

Oh, well--cool.

May it be a ****1/2 birthday.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Tato posted:

Sometimes I wish Dave would be a little less nice about entertaining the misguided (and sometimes plain dumb) ideas that Bryan and Mike float and just say "That's stupid, you're wrong," but that would deprive us of such lovely 10 minute digressions that slowly become more and more heated as they argue in circles. Bless you, Dave.

Lance has done this to Bryan on more than one occasion, the best being Bryan's alternative suggestion for the CM Punk MITB storyline in 2011.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Where is Shits in Bathroom Sinks and Takes Pictures Hoot?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

The way I see it. The only heel thing Bret did during the match itself was Sharpshooter around the post but even that didn't get boos from the crowd. The attack afterwards and then bailing on fighting Shamrock was what really sealed the heel turn. In my head I had remembered Bret holding the Sharpshooter for longer after Shamrock called it and then putting it on again after the bell. Interesting considering that's maybe the most classic double turn that was preplanned and it wasn't even full turn on both sides.

Bret made a run for the ring bell earlier in the match.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Same thing with Akira Fukuzawa in AJPW. An insane amount of emotion from him and amazing if you don't understand the language - but apparently if you do he's not very good.

Many wrestlers in other promotions disliked Akira. Hiroshi Hase apparently once said he'd probably punch him if he ever met him.

His Hansen and Rude impersonations were awesome though.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 26, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Roman Reigns posted:

I think that incident happened in Punk's early career with WWE, and he's mellowed out a little since then from what I understand.

The gold medal game referenced would've been from 2010.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

"Maybe [Lana] is talking about WWE stock."

:v:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

After his awesome tirade on Jon Snowden a few years ago, Coughlin can do no wrong in my eyes. I'd happily read anything Babinsack's ever written over Snowden's garbage.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

"I wrote it down as 'He's gonna need a second dick for all the fuckin' he'll be doing.'"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Bryan and Vinny's back to back review of TLC and REvolution is great. One is just so completely loathed and the other is absolutely amazing.

God, yes. Listened to this at work and it made me stoked as hell to watch REvolution again tonight.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

The only person that should've been JR's partner is NJPW veteran Bas Rutten.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

You all doubted me when I told you Nigel was running away with your money.

Who's laughing now PSP?

Eugene is.

I dunno most people here seemed rather pleased with how his doc turned out.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

TheCool69 posted:

Here is a funny bit from Bill Burrs podcast when Sherris Berries tried to sponsor him

http://youtu.be/Rl5JDzvkEA0

They still do sponsor Bill.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

You're forgetting "I'm a use a dragon screw on my wife tonight"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I like this Dave exchange better: