Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Amazing Segue in the WOR today, from Brody -> George Best -> Brody -> G1 -> Stabbing in japan.

Literally with "speaking of stabbing, in japan today..."

Wazzu posted:

Weird to ask, but that link isn't working for me. Talk is Jericho has the Kynge podcast, and Shesaro before that, but no Meltzer interview. What am I missing?

I had to google to find it, and had the same problem as you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

So Jericho has definitely heard the story of how he got signed to WCW and just told Dave he hadn't so he'd tell the story, right?

In fact, this may not be the first time he's said that to Dave.

That's what I assumed.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Chris James 2 posted:

Let's be honest, if we were friends with Dave we'd lie about him telling stories just so he could tell the stories to us again

There are times I wanna like, email in a question that he's answered so I can just hear it again.

"What was it like watching Misawa v Jumbo" always is a fav.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Bryan & Vinny & Craig Show is back with tons to talk about including two very bad shows from 19 years ago this week. Raw was bad but it was at least historic, and it wasn't bad nearly to the level of Nitro, by far up to that point in time the worst Nitro EVER. An abysmally horrific train wreck of a show. BUT A FUN TIME AS ALWAYS SO CHECK IT OUT~!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

The bit about Jesus fighting Brakus was incredible.

You obviously haven't gotten to "This story has a lot of holes" yet.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

F4W subscribers should go back and listen to the amazing Larry Z interview from 2012.

You mention this and I hear "we are all beings of light, brother" and I can't recall if that's something he said or just a meme that eventuated around the time of that interview as something completely crazy he could have said.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

Bryan and Vinny's WCW/NWA from 30 years ago this week is them in utter joy, and they talk about a Ric Flair promo that is "prime USADA Ric Flair"

I have found the promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNfq0ZRB-u8
Hahaha yes!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BigNastyReigns/status/892827963485454336

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/892839235345981441

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"So people wanted to know how Gedo & Jado became NJPW bookers, well, basically nobody else wanted to."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't want to like, be all dramatic.

But the Ric Flair observer bio is going to suck if we have to read it soon.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

The retro NWA show has become consistently the best show because Bryan and Vinny are just so happy to be watching something FUN and allowing stars to be themselves/on cocaine. Like its wrestling isn't great its all squashes and even the good wrestlers are stuck with stiffs. Wrestling today, as in the matches, are objectively better but everything around it is such poo poo that the product is so much worse.

Yeah, the week that they got so hyped they had to watch the PPV main event because they wanted to made me so happy.

Unlike the Nitros and Raws where they're like "so I guess there is a PPV next week, is goldberg even on it??"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god that Ric Flair story is simultaneously the most Dave story, a really awesome Joe Silva story and also a Ric Flair rear end Ric Flair story.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is the Lance Storm / Don Callis podcast any good?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

The worst was his loving whiny passive aggressive comments about how his questions got ignored or laughed off on the other shows. I would have straight up thrown him out after the first one came out of his mouth. gently caress that guy.

The best part is you can ask some truly stupid questions, you just send them around the time of recording and Bryan will just read it straight off.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Breaking news on Jones just went up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think MRT called it on twitter, ****3/4 for the Summerslam Main event.

I love dave. :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

exploded mummy posted:

this can't go on forever, there's probably another year or so

and then Nitro will suddenly start sounding like Impact

Yeah it's going to be great when they combine "over talent" and "good booking"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Karmine posted:

"No, I think Vince knows how old he is now. Cause I told him."

I heard that and I was like "That is too pitch perfect for that not to be a joke"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

I only had a handful of channels growing up. As a kid I had Superstars, but in my teen years all I had available was WCW Saturday Night

But this was during the 80s, so you saw a bunch of dope wrestling...right? :ohdear:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love the Styles clash as "just a move"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mariooncrack posted:

This week's retro observer is fantastic. It's the obituary for Gordon Solie though. :smith:

Is it the debut of Mark Hunt? Or would he have appeared previously?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Real talk I would love a bryan and vinny seahawks podcast with more talk of worked handoffs

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I really liked it, because i'm a big dumb idiot, where JR would talk about how into Brian Christopher Lawler was and Lawler would make dumb excuses about it.

In hindsight, it was probably some dumb loving Russo Smart Mark bullshit, but I thought it was funny.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan's enthusiasm for Ronnie Garvin is great. Even if his speech on the subject is nonsensical.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I came here to add that to the Dave dating crazy girls collection too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo I came to post that.

So good!!!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave's weird enthusiasm for most recent TNA product had me attempting to watch some of the shows.

It's still TNA though.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What a great Bryan and Vinny show holy hell.

Like there are episodes where, it's really lovely and Bryan isn't into it and it's kinda bad.

And then there are episodes where Larry asks "did they flush him?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yikes the Cornette pod is tough to listen to. :smith:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dsriggs posted:

The Board's having fun

:vince:

Thats' the funniest thing on the board since Rovert claimed some dude was Gabe Sapolsky.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Randaconda posted:

Funnier than Bryan giving Rovert a temp ban live on Bryan and Vinny?

Hang on wasn't that like 6 years ago? That was p funny too .

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man that BVC was great :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"We have an ongoing feud that will be resolved on sunday" cracked me up too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thauros posted:

That's really lame of you nitwits to whine to a guy who doesn't even post here and has no interest in the subject matter to get rovert banned

bradzilla posted:

rovert already re-regged but yeah it's honestly kinda pathetic to go over the forum mod's head to get a poster you don't like banned

Wait, seriously, this is Rovert we're talking about right?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Randaconda posted:

Scaffold match.

I haven't watched it since I was a child, since I'm sure it would ruin my memories, but in my head, the Road Warriors/Midnight Express scaffold match was amazing.

Wasn't it pretty much 2 people who didn't want to die trying not to bump for the road warriors, then Jim Cornette loving up his knees?

edit: And maybe one of the road warriors being scared of heights? I wonder if that's real or just how I remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
For me, it was Art of Wrestling, and I Want Wrestling (remember that loving poo poo?) before I just subbed to the observer.

Also thread should get renamed back to its old name to celebrate 1000 pages.

"Howsitgoingeverybodybryanalvarezhere..."

• Locked thread