Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I would rather hear Vinny freak out about how bad the show was than just say "this was bad" and leave it at that, but then again sometimes that's all you can really say in conclusion Vinny is a land of contrasts and I like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Was it back when Big Show and Roman had a program?

No, Big Show vs Roman part nine billion was the impetus for Bryan peeing straight into the air.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Mickie James

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Bill Watts pushed black wrestlers because he knew he could make the most money doing it, it had nothing to do with not being racist.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

DAVE: god it's too bad he never wrote a book. I would've loved to read a Mil Mascaras book.
BRYAN: there's still time.
DAVE: Not much!

Dave throwin dark is always a good time

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Vince McMahon, the most successful wrestling promoter in the history of the universe, once called John Cena (a flagrant appropriator of black culture) the n-word on PPV so clearly it's a good idea to be a racist promoter.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I actually like the LAW but some of that is because I've been listening to it for so long that I'm just sorta used to it? John Pollock has next to no personality but he's really bright (about wrestling and MMA), so you kinda have to pick your battles.

When it comes to the hosts of the main show you basically have the host/on-air personality in Agnew, the old-school fan in Lovranski, and Pollock is the analyst/MMA guy. It's a format that works, but I also get being turned off by any of the three of them.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Roman Reigns is actually good.

edit: Wrong thread

I appreciate the reminder nonetheless.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

rovert posted:

I am really excited for Lance Storm's PodcastOne ad reads.

It would not surprise me at all if the advertisers stipulated that Don Callis has to read the ad copy.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Lid posted:

Bryan talking about how can something have too much flour and then im not a chef is the dumbest thing he has ever ever said.

It's kind of weird to make it to your 40s without ever doing any baking of any kind, but at the same time Bryan would probably laugh at a baker for not knowing what, let's say, a hammerlock is. Everyone has a bubble.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Keep your ears peeled for "Go Piss Up a Rove," coming soon to iTunes.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I posted in the wrong thread I'm sorry

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

This week's retro B&V had better be good because I'm watching the Nitro they're going to review (the go-home for Starrcade 97!) and holy loving shitballs is it bad.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

I legit miss the pisscast. I still tell everyone I know that "It's Been Awhile" is about the guy being forced to eat his own horse.

No one forced him!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Alain Post posted:

Dave once gave a match something like "all the stars in the universe"

Are you thinking of when Bryan gave Bushwackers vs. Iron Sheik and Nikolai Vilkoff "negative more stars than there are in the universe and the universe is infinite?"

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Speaking of impotent, pisscast is back y'all.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Apropos of absolutely nothing, but did we ever end up figuring out who Granny kept referring to as "Polacio" that one time?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

WrestleMania IV in 5 weeks!

I have never regretted not donating $300 to whale scout more in my life.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Just so you all know, Dave Meltzer talking about farts is always the best.

Also $3.99 sale is on!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Defiance Industries posted:

I wish the Pisscast wasn't dead so we could celebrate 3/11 with a special episode.

I'll see about busting the proper kneecaps.

quote:

Maybe Masterpiss Theater could come back too, while we're at it.

It could but it won't it was bad.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dr. Keith is cool if you like listening to something that sounds like it was recorded in a windstorm by a bunch of dudes who think their inside jokes are hilarious.

rip pisscast

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

What the gently caress are any of you talking about stop ruining my thread also I agree that these B&V guest Whale Scout hosts have not been great.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I miss the piss :(

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

"One room had babies hanging from the ceiling."
"THEY WEREN'T BABIES THEY WERE DOLLS."

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I really really hope B&V don't undersell this New Breed promo on this week's NWAWCW because holy macaroni it is something else.

Karmine fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 7, 2017

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Gotta say I am at a loss how the History of Wrestling series was setting up for this July marathon.

I've barely listened to either but I saw that today's episode was about ranking the top 100 wrestlers of all time but then it was all just about methodology and poo poo as opposed to actually discussing the relative merit/significance of any wrestlers. I was disappointed.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

"No, I think Vince knows how old he is now. Cause I told him."

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

On a whim I decided to listen to Observer Live for the first time in months and holy poo poo Mike acting like a victim for being called out on having dumb opinions and wrong facts is even worse than this thread made it seem. Is this a gimmick? If it is it's a bad one and needs to be reworked and if it's not a gimmick goddamn. If I was sports byline I'd be telling Bryan to find a new cohost because this poo poo is insufferable and has to be costing them listeners.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

I still don't understand the collective delusion over the boring-rear end slog that was 31. 32 was a better wrestlemania because it was a hilarious train wreck while my recollection of 31 is a miasma of mediocre forgettable wrestling bookended by Seth doing cool things that can be recapped in a minute-long gif.

Expectations going into that show were absolutely dismal, and while none of the matches were particularly great, nothing was BAD. So when you're expecting a * show but you get a ***3/4 show you're like "holy poo poo this is the best thing ever."

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

St Evan Echoes posted:

Imagine being Kevin Owens, making GBS threads a brick because you have to headbutt your boss, hard enough that he won't fire you for being a pussy, but not so hard as to turn his 72 year old brain to mush

It's also worth noting (as Dave does on WOR!) that Shibata was the one GIVING the headbutt that nearly killed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I really liked finding out that Dave's kids watch the Simpsons.

• Locked thread