Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Cannot wait for Crowbar/Saint Vitus/Kylesa tomorrow, pumped as all hell. Finally get to see one of my favorite NOLA bands come to town.

Wampa Stompa posted:

:siren:Sleep :siren: is doing one more reunion mini-tour across the US and Canada. If you missed them in the Fall (or if you didn't), be sure to go; they were incredible. Only three shows, so be sure to get tickets pronto. They go onsale tomorrow at noon (there's another AmEx presale).

June 22 New York, NY Terminal 5

Holy poo poo, I am there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Also Pick up Houses of the Unholy as well from Church of Misery, it's groovy as hell and a blast to listen to.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Cometa Rossa posted:

Has anyone here seen Boris live and can comment on their shows?

If there is room, see if you can lay on the floor to feel the vibrations. Did this when they did Altar, pretty ridiculous.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

I went to see Sunn with Boris like 5 years ago and loud isn't a term I would use to describe it. Half the people in the venue were just lying back on the floor, pretty surreal, defiantly agree seeing them if anyone hasn't.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Their channel is great. Its annoying because on my feed there are sooo many people doing it now.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Lets pray the cave doesn’t collapse.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

haha it looks like he came from backstage.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Idioteque Dance posted:

The poster for Sleep at Roadburn, because how else would it look:

This is cool, reminds me of Yes.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

My Yob / Voivod / Amenra show report from the weekend...

Aaron turned 36 Sunday. We had cake and sang happy birthday to him. I met the entire ban after the show. Cool guys to hang out and chat with. Amenra was also highly enjoyable. Those guys REALLY like some Neurosis.

That is awesome and defiantly confirms metal has the best scene.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm not a big Neurosis head but I love Scott Kelly's vocals, every track he does with Mastodon is amazing

I always thought Cult of Luna did that style better than Neurosis IMO.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

I saw them with Boris and the exact same thing happened lol.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Slothful Bong posted:

Just got back from Sunn o))) :psyboom:

They played for like 2 hours, it went from strange to punishing to profound.

Was prob the loudest show I've ever been to. with earplugs it was bordering on uncomfortably loud, I pity the people who came unprepared.

And holy gently caress the lights and fog!

Really enjoyed it, 5/5 would see again.

Brooklyn Steel, hell yes it was :hfive:

Did you see the dude in the front row head banging.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

There was a giant rear end fan on the ceiling in Brooklyn that was just throwing the fog directly on the people below It looked really funny from the balcony because no one really noticed.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 1, 2019

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Shakenbaker posted:

Video from the new Boris record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmK_EQWoorM I think they nailed the feel of the song visually.

Boris is great but I don’t listen to them hardly at all but they are awesome live.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Zoben posted:

Album cover I just finished

A+ awesome!

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Slothful Bong posted:

Cult of Luna, Intronaut, and Emma Ruth Rundle are touring US in early 2020!!!!!!

https://music.mxdwn.com/2019/10/02/news/cult-of-luna-announces-winter-2020-tour-dates-with-emma-ruth-rundle-and-intronaut/

I am so thoroughly drat excited about this. CoL is one of the last bands on my show bucket list, and this bill is just drat incredible. Now to pray Master Musicians of Bukkake, Ahab, and Cloudkicker go on tours again so I can die happy.

How is the new CoL album? They haven’t released anything in a long rear end time. The beyond is probably my favorite album.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 4, 2019

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Is Cult Of Luna worth seeing with Intronaut? They are playing next year in the city figured I’d go.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Cult of Luna owns and Intronaut is pretty solid

Guess that settles it!

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Frank Caskelot posted:

May I suggest an Absu shirt and Opeth wristbands?

Does that guy still post?

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

From what I've read they found out who did it and have arranged to have him brought in. Dude tried to flip this gear on a facebook post lmao.

That happens soooo much on FB lol.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

The point being made as I recall was that Bongripper were in fact ripping off Meshuggah for tuning down to F

Do bongripper play 6 or 8 string though, curious.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Extended range guitars are cheating in s/d/s. Tune that E way the gently caress down or quit.

Get those heavy gauges son.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

I mean if you don't have a good trained ear Bell Witch sounds like a guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Laserface posted:

Wynonas Big Brown Beaver by Primus.

No.