Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

If you're not counting TMS, I'm pretty sure it goes to Devil Survivor.

It doesn't matter if you count TMS or not, considering Persona 5 Strikers is the most recent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Give me a postgame super dungeon with teleporters, invisible walls, invisible floors, pit traps, damage tiles, fog rooms, spinners and whatever other sneaky mean tricks you can think of. Put them in any combination. I will play through the full thing, enjoy it and also complain about how awful it is.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

MegaZeroX posted:

Basically all of SMT IV's locations are distinct looking.

Except a ridiculous amount of IV's dungeons are the domains which are all identical

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

None of which stops them being dungeons in IV. The thing you are discussing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kale posted:

I'm pretty sure one of those is just a Bollywood song

Singham Megami Tensei is real and canon and I will ignore any arguments to the contrary :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

You and your demons fight other demons until you win.

Welp, I'm sold.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mysticblade posted:

Atlus should give the USA publishing rights to Ghostlight

:hmmyes:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Well, Fionn mac Cumhaill is Irish, for one. Finn McCool is just an English spelling of how it's pronounced.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

RubberLuffy posted:

Anyone who is lamenting the lack of a really long, arduous dungeon that is hard to navigate, you're in for a treat.

gently caress yeah

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Christine is a demon in megaten

Carrie, sadly, remains exclusive to Persona 1

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

Talk about not remembering that much about IV, I didn't even remember it has no difficulty levels.

....Uh, yes it does. It has 3. The real problem is that they're gated for some reason; it has an easier difficulty if you get revived by Charon twice and a hard difficulty that is only unlocked in NG+.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

SMT games in general are pretty good about encouraging you to use stuff. Outside of something like Somas I will never hesitate to use pretty much anything else the game gives me.

The proper use for Soma in almost all cases is to just sell them for easy money anyway

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

wologar posted:

SMT IV Minotaur is the best design in the series.

It's very good but let's not get too hasty here. He's not even the best in IV - Centaur is like right there, at the absolute minimum. That's even to say nothing of the IVA redesigns almost all being even better.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

TMS is easily the best modern Persona game, and it's frankly not even close

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I dunno about drain, but the others definitely still exist. Off the top of my head, Arahabaki nulls and as per tradition Girimehkala and Rangda both reflect.

e; The Fiend fights from the DLC are... "inspired" very heavily from their Nocturne versions, so Mother Harlot should reflect as well.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 4, 2021

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

User added subtitles on a random Youtube video are only proof of what that one person incorrectly heard anyway

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Nocturne is literally about Satan putting a bug inside you.

It's Lucifer, who you are definitely aiding.

Satan is one of those bugs.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

That's been a thing basically forever. It is the first time you get something other than a wall of question marks for bosses and sidequest fights and the like though

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

secretly best girl posted:

Rewards in an optional late-game quest (which can't be solved on non-NG+ runs)

The actual quest itself is just 3 easy maps that can be done on a first cycle.

The extra rewards for every map isn't a tracked quest, and that's the part that can't be all completed until NG+ (and even then it's only a very small number of maps that need NG+).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wait, you can talk to demons with other demons? Or are the unique interactions just if they happen to be in your party?

It's both. There's a miracle you need for demons to be able to talk, but once you have that it doesn't matter what demon starts the conversation. You just need the relevant one somewhere in your stock.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

that's wild, i didn't know reflecting attacks onto your own weak demons gave you press turns.

Presumably Safeguard is on those demons, otherwise the repel would auto-end his turn. That turns it into a normal turn letting the weakness still give the extra press turn as a result.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 10, 2022

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The Arahabaki questline really threw me, because the area where you start it never updated on the map to tell me there was a quest there until I went back at prompting from a friend who had already done it. The quest marker WAS there but the map never changed for it for whatever reason.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Probably worth remembering that the times listed are roughly based on user-submitted times and some people are always going to lie when entering it. Because, uh... they can, really.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

OddObserver posted:

People missing the most important thing:
https://twitter.com/HD_Kirin/status/1495732457420718082?cxt=HHwWhICsudmv9MEpAAAA

... not sure if that works, TBH, but at least their priorities are right.

Ringho is right there, cmon :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

3. I've never collected all the Magatamas. It might not be possible to learn all the skills by the time you hit 99 if you wanna learn every skill off every one of them but assuming that isn't your goal, you should be fine. Average level at the end of the game is 70-80 I think so plenty of time to learn more skills if you need to. There are Magatmas you only get at the final stretch of the final dungeon anyway.

Doesn't even matter, because level doesn't cap at 99. The number displayed on the stat screen does, but you can still level up complete with stat points and learning new skills long after.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The only thing "useless" about it is that it doesn't tell you what skills do if you don't already know. Everything else is very clear cut

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Call it Devil Summoner 5: Soul Hackers 2 as it should be and it'd be perfect though.

If only it was also Raidou 3...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Strikers being on the Switch but actual P5 still not is kinda weird but also v funny.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Booky posted:

with megaten, any game is someones Fave

thats right even the ones no one talks about or remembers

Who's fav is the Devil Children box pushing puzzle game on GBA?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Not really unless you're a series veteran veteran. The triple cost for items is just pure tedium. The extra difficulty might be nice, but the game is generally suitably difficult

If you're playing the HD remake, you can switch difficulty in the menu any time so you can play on Hard but swap back to Normal for shopping, then bump it back up to Hard when you're done. No shame in that. :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

TMS has better social links than Personae 4 and 5.

Still has nothing as upper tier as Gourmet King though, so Persona 3 has the second best.

Devil Survivor 2 remains the best.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Isn’t that literally the lady that was Siri’s voice or something?

No, Susan Bennett (the lady who used to be Siri) voiced EMMA in Strikers.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Maniax content is opt-in as free DLC in the Steam release of the HD remake, so it's really not hard to do :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The one alarm thing I never really figured out (or needed/cared to, either, honestly) was if you get better results with Lockdown by putting a thing in jail during an alarm or taking it back out then. Incenses clearly give better results by being applied during alarm at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Soul Hackers 1 and one of the Devil Children duologies, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

hatty posted:

Teleport mazes rule

Agreed