Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

cebrail posted:

It's not the same. Eierpunsch is Punsch with eggs. Eggnog is made from egg yolks, sugar, rum and milk or cream. Eggnog is significantly less disgusting than Eierpunsch.

Eggnog is basically just Eierlikör with less alcohol.

Oh, Eierlikor actually is eggnog? Awesome, I’ve been seeing it in Lidl and wondering.

Gluhwein is overpriced when bought from a market stall, but still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So what are people in Berlin's plans for Sunday? Especially considering everywhere with AC will be shut (all the malls and shops), and everything outside will be on fire?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Good call on the museums thing. That lead me to this map of places with AC in Berlin which is pretty decent. It doesn't show the Technikmuseum, but apparently their new building does have AC, according to their website.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Dear Visitors, we regret to inform you that the AC is an exhibit

oh no :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Went out for brunch, scurried straight back to the flat afterwards to sit in front of the fan.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And they’re covered in fur! Cats are pretty hardcore.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Anyone else in the East Side of Berlin? Particularly Friedrichshain/Kreuzberg?

About 2am last night, I could hear large crowds roaring somewhere off in the distance, followed by people shouting into megaphones, and lots of sirens. Were there some late night riots going on somewhere in the vicinity?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah, oliwan saw a house

Look, if you’re just going to talk about myths.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

oliwan posted:

Got this flyer today and lol it's the perfect event for this thread. See you there!

I go to A MAZE for my yearly fill of queer tech crowds already.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

GLS :argh:

That is all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s amazing how utterly incompetent companies can be. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Torrannor posted:

As for our UK goon looking to relocate to Germany, the presence of a large expat community can of course be a big factor. Some sleepy town in rural Germany will likely have far fewer fellow British people to interact with.

I wondered for a moment if that was me, because I moved to Berlin from London in 2018, but now I’m back in London already.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Weird, it’s back now. Earlier I couldn’t post a reply on any thread, and now I can. HMMMM.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

elbkaida posted:

Doesn't it get really messy to have a bunch of lego stuff all over your place? Seems like keeping it all in the box and taking it out only when you want to play with it would be the better option.

They do lots of display sets now, basically small sculptures and whatnot that are meant to be looked at.

I can’t believe BER is finally open. Tegel was such a terrible shithole and I’m glad I never have to fly into it again. Getting straight onto a train will be a novelty.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Some Berlin libraries have cookware and art to loan out. Borrow a painting or a statue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

For some reason, I feel like Berlin is going to stink of nasty cheap weed for a few months as everyone gets over it being legal.