Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

F & B ready for SAEG; any other spec races planned?

gt: pissboy spastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

crosspostin from SAEG

Scatterfold posted:

own a little piece of HISTORY!!!!!1

all profits go to charity :snoop: no they dont

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

the first ~*man tide*~ has sold for a cool 3,383,000cr; thank you [SAEG]Cute as heck; you own ltd.ed. #1/5

another is on the market now; one more for the next three days :rice:

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

i don't get what was wrong with the original idea of moving SAEG & LLJK into GTCC; there's literally zero need to create this new "Auger" or w/e club.

like i'm sure we all very much appreciate your enthusiasm something awful forum poster "jabs" but i'd like to race on a sunday arvo without the soul-crushing autism of applying an array of listed emblems, colours matched by pantone ref. etcetera, which - and bear with me here because this is a projectional 'pataphor which you may fail to get due to your position on "the spectrum" - is pretty much what we're expecting to happen

so yeah, in short who died and made you bernie loving ecclesperg?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Jabs posted:

Go forth, have some loving fun, man. Jeez. Isn't that what it's all about?

F..un?! Could you post a spec & schedule for that?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Falken posted:

I'm shocked that the UK hasn't had it's own competition rivals, seeing as we're the motorsport capital of the world and all. :(

there's a bigass thread on the forza forums about this right now and it basically boils down to: american video game manufacturer with own legal team finds international gambling & competition law quite hard work :f5h::f5:

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Crossposting this in case you are a SAEG person and/or a Euro-timezone racer and want to take part in a series of montly BTCC-style, team-based endurance races:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444350&pagenumber=16#post400538540

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

YF19pilot posted:

cool cars

could i also grab one of these bad boys? no preference on the chassis number, but i'm another #23, [in SAEG] if possible? can't wait :f5h::f5:

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

YF19pilot posted:

T1g4h, Scatterfold, you both have too many friends. You're going to have to say goodbye to at least one of them for me to add you :P

:coal: done

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

CaseFace McGee posted:

I don't know about SAEG, but I know AUGR spec races are less strict on assists.

SAEG is closer to GTCC. Whilst braking line is allowed, everything else is forced off and full damage is on (we experimented and found the racing was cleaner that way).

SAEG currently has two 'series' going. Twice a month we have races which vary in spec, but we also have a team-based BTCC style series now which will take place monthly until December, with an imperfect but mostly sound scoring system which accommodates not everyone being there every week.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

T1g4h posted:

I will never understand Scatterfold's love for that thing. RIDE THE TIDE.

:cripes: falken's tune is really very good and I love how it looks both ironically, unironically & 'pataphorically

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

~Que 3 pages of SAEG evacuating their vaginas onto the forums about the most spergy mundane horseshit ever~
:downsbravo:

they're all US people mate; nobody from saeg has been spazzing out at all and if we did we'd keep it in the private forums thread; sorry you got this one wrong

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Dirty Needles posted:

I've just picked this game up, I'm a bit late to the party. Would be good to get some races with decent folk, are there any spaces left in SAEG?

yeah for sure; what's your GT? i'll send one across this eve

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

Went to join the main Goon Car Club, but I got a message that it was filled up, so I sent in a request to join the European club. Anything I need to know about these groups, or is it just a hangout to share cars?

yeah one quite important thing: we're not an overflow for the "main" "goon" "club"

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

:goonsay: Thanks for being so informative!

no probs mate; thanks for taking everything so seriously on these Forums can't wait to see you in IRC :h:

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

show-'n-tell* time

*as in 'you can tell i have a theme & stick with it'

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

YF19pilot posted:

I believe Jarf is the head of AUGR...

Jarf is SAEG, it's Jabs that's the AUGR bloke :)

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Falken posted:

Lamborghinis own, sorry that you're just wrong all the time.

shame really; they probably look good in 3rd person view :riker:

'ere's mine:

1. VW Rabbit GTI; a Forza 3 nostagliabomb
2. Austin-Healey 3000 MKIII; old and cool
3. Kia cee'd; not a joke... i worked for ages on a C-class tune and its dead good.
4. Bertone Mantide; because.
5. Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4; great R3 drive.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

JingleBells posted:

On the third row we have Scatterfold in his Honda Civic just ahead of yes we nyan in her Mazda MX-5 Superlight.

it was a kia cee'd mate; possibly one of the worst decisions of my life

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

CaseFace McGee posted:

I disagree sir. That car kicks rear end if tuned well. It has a low top speed, but it should dominate on a track like Maple Valley.

it was alright really, i'm just being a big bitch baby; it did very well on the qualifier at Positano, but fell straight to the back at Road Atlanta - as you suggest; a nice drive, just not great for straights...

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Basticle posted:

Who is the primary organizer of goons who play Forza? I run a club from another forum and have a proposition to make.

Falken (GT Papparazi Tengu) is the owner of SAEG iirc; Jarf (GT Jarf) and I (GT Pissboy Spastic) tend to do the bulk of the organising stuff.

If there's some kind of club v club v club thing on the cards we would definitely be up for that I'm sure.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

If there's any way that [SAEG] could also be involved next time that would be :krad:; p. jealous over here in Europeland.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Here's my times for the 2 Multiclub rivals:

F200 Alps: 1:39.881

A600 Camino: 3:05.809 [gonna have to work on this one...]

Screenshots:

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Edmund Honda, currently down without a club, is [SAEG] btw. Also thanks for doing this; inter-club stuff has been a long time coming.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Edmund Honda posted:

It's one of the things that you lose when your Gold expires, along with any kind of interaction with other people

You're [SAEG] as heck, whether Forza says so or not mate lad pal.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to score this? I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with the people who only did one of the tracks and not both. Also a way to tally up points per club?

I had a little think about it on the way into work this morning and came up with two suggestions, which would work depending on whether you wanted a finite season or not.

1. Finite Season
Imagine everybody starts with 200 or 300 points. For each place below the pole position, you take off the number of points equal to how far you were away from 1st place. So Person X comes 1st and then 3rd, Person Y comes 10th and then 8th. After two rounds, Person X has 198/200; Person Y has 184/200. Season ends when the first person reaches 0 points.

2. Endless Season
Score it as (reverse place]/total places)*(something large); so 1st place would be (16/16)*100 = 100pts; last place would be (1/16)*100=6.25pts. You could always multiply it by another percentage of 1 to get the figures closer.

Some thoughts....

Scatterfold fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 17, 2013

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

YF19pilot posted:

Let's not make this more complicated than it needs to be.

:negative: You're right.

Also it would make club scoring work much better. :ocelot:

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

:negative:

[SAEG] Pissboy Spastic

Maple E275 - 00:49.254 (#4,522) - Porsche 550

Infineon S700 - 01:19.883 (#nowhere, basically) - Lotus 2-Eleven

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Pretty Panda is quite fast.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Here we gooo:

D350 at Road Atlanta - 1:11.392 - Nissan Leaf
R3 at Mugello - 1.:55.417 Zonda C

Gonna have to do some more work on the R3 I think....

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

The most marginally better of times :qq:

R3 Mugello - Pissboy Spastic - 1:53.929 - Joss JT1

[Edited]

Scatterfold fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 13, 2013

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

A few more hours to get your times in, I'll post the new events later tonight.

I edited mine but wasn't sure if you'd see it; only a small difference...

Scatterfold posted:

The most marginally better of times :qq:

R3 Mugello - Pissboy Spastic - 1:53.929 - Joss JT1

[Edited]

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Catching up on two; one new:

Pissboy Spastic

C425 - 1.23:061 - Charger '69
R2 - 2.03:035 - #25 GT500 GT-R
B500 - 9.18:358 BMW E36 M3 [ugh]

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

P. Spastic

R998 - #55 Mazda 787B - 1.11:354

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

GutBomb posted:

I think you forgot to add this to the standings

This one too:

Scatterfold posted:

Catching up on two; one new:

Pissboy Spastic

R2 - 2.03:035 - #25 GT500 GT-R

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Falken posted:

Can't do 9PM EST as I live in the civilised world. :(

What, Scotland?!

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

A combined club sounds like a good idea now. My only suggestion would be having one person from each of the existing clubs as co-leader so that they can send out invites to everyone from the previous... 3? 4?

It'll be nice to have some full Rivals leaderboards too.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

bald and fail II posted:

What about SICK because of all the insanely sick raceing we do?

Yeah girls is pretty naff imho; my two pence/cents/euro cents:

[SARS] / [TURD] / [YIFF] / [HEIL] / [LADS] / [£my:] (pound my colon :hurr:) / [MEME] / and any other number of terrible four letter words

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Any update on the amalgamated club? If so, could someone shoot me an invite? - GT: PISSBOY SPASTIC :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

No update. I am going to be moving this weekend so if nothing happens the next couple days, someone might be inclined to create a new club. EAGR was mentioned as a possibility.

Ok, so the bad news is that EAGR isn't available. In lieu of something named in jest, I've set up [EASA] (EuroAmerican SomethingAwful) which was pretty much the only tag left. I'm sorry it's not very sexy, but hopefully the racing will be.

I'm gonna sit here in front of the xbox and accept any requests from people who want to join the club. It'd also be nice if the various pre-existing clubs would let me know who they think should be their delegate for the co-captain positions. Also I don't intend to captain myself! I just wanted to get the car club all set up so we could enjoy those lovely joint leaderboards.

If you want an invite please send me a message over xbox live to GT: PISSBOY SPASTIC and I'll get on it as soon as possible. Please let me know your SA username as well, just in case non-forum folk ask to join...

:cheers:

• Locked thread