Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I just noticed that Who Framed Roger Rabbit is now on instant streaming, you should watch that because it's really great.

poo poo yes, this is basically my favorite movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pain and Gain is great but having one gem doesn't make the pile of poo poo not exist, it just means a bad filmmaker made a good thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jack Gladney posted:

How long has No Holds Barred been up? When I was eight, that was the biggest movie in the world. I remember that my friend Ryan had a birthday party where his mom took us all to go see it. Tiny Lister punches concrete blocks because he's so badass, but Hulk Hogan beats him in the end. It's even better than Suburban Commando!

poo poo I had no idea it was up, that's great. I know what I'm watching tonight.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Darth Freddy posted:

gently caress me I am never sleeping again. Amazon Prime just added a ton of HBO series.

I feel like such an idiot buying The Sopranos like a week before the announcement was made. :argh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GonSmithe posted:

:siren: A Muppets Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island have been added :siren:

poo poo yes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea there's an episode that ends in a way most reasonable people would assume ends the story, so just be a reasonable person and stop watching then.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea patient zero is a legit term and zeke is the name for them from the book, not really trying to be cute there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

priznat posted:

Adebisi's hat was the best thing. Loved the show, but that hat owned.

If you're going to have a psychotic murderer (slash rapist? Been a bit) in your show, you have to give him a cute little hat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

laxbro posted:

Bad Grandpa is kinda funny but they prey on the poor way too much. Yea, of course middle and upper middle class people will find it funny if you put poor people into ridiculous situations. It becomes a little depressing after the first few skits and I had to turn it off half way through.

Sasha Cohen did a much better job of creating pretty ridiculous situations from the poor right up on to the upper class of American society. Watch Bad Grandpa if you want to see entitled clowns abusing the underclass of the rust belt and middle America.

Can you expand on this because I can't remember a time at all he 'preyed on the poor' in any way other than he did a thing in public and yea what a shock most people on a sidewalk in the middle of the afternoon are probably average joes?

Also haha at the idea of Knoxville being the jester of the elite and powerful. If you want to really look for deep meaning in shock stunt comics' works you should be way madder at Cohen for poo poo like Borat that boiled down to 'haha the poor in Eastern Europe are loving trash people, haha'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I don't normally like the "RAWR I'M SO ANGRY AND I CURSE A LOT ISN'T THAT FUNNY" comics, and I'm not even 100% a fan of Burr's poo poo, but that new special is loving golden, and a great example of doing dark humor right.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aye Doc posted:

I think the helicopter stuff from Burr's special is the best stand up bit I've seen in years. Are the Chelsea Peretti and Nick Offerman specials any good?

Peretti rules, Offerman is him sadly doing his Ron Swanson character without anyone to play off.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
3rd Rock is legit one of my things where if you dislike it I don't 100% accept you know what good poo poo is. Like, I don't instantly think all your favorite things suck, but there has to be some little thing wrong with how you view quality in there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GreyPowerVan posted:

I feel like The Interview would have been better without James Franco. Seth Rogen is decently funny but just every single scene with franco was so awkward and bad that I had to stop watching it.

The Eminem scene was okay, I guess.

I don't know if I thought Franco was BAD but for sure Rogen was the better guy in that duo yea.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Did they take out How to Save a Life from that episode where Cox gives those people rabies on accident? That poo poo had my crying like a baby

Last I saw, yep.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea they weren't fans of making it super easy to go "OH MY GOD LOOK HOW MANY THINGS THEY LOST WOW GUESS NETFLIX SUCKS NOW". Also with the way contracts go in more than a few cases '(x) is set to leave on the first' means 'our contract expires on the first and we're working to get a new one but don't have it yet' so they especially weren't fans of people going 'oh man they're gonna lose (movie) gently caress it!' when they're actively trying to keep (movie).

That said, it's still dumb to treat it as some big secret, and if anything it seems way more problematic than just letting it go because now those same people are thinking 'so I guess Netflix is hemorrhaging titles and don't want me to know!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TychoCelchuuu posted:

There are a million great movies on Netflix - Battleship Potemkin, Fargo, The Master, The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, & Her Lover, Annie Hall, Gomorrah, The Graduate, The Producers, Days of Being Wild, Valhalla Rising, In Bruges, Sunset Boulevard, Slacker, Galaxy Quest, The Comedy, Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, Heathers, In the Loop, Grosse Pointe Blank, City of God, Terminator 2, Trainspotting, Days of Heaven, The Trial, Dead Man, Bronson, The Fifth Element, Once Upon a Time in the West, All About Eve, Nostalghia, Glengarry Glen Ross, Y Tu Mama Tambien, The Apartment, Almost Famous, Metropolis, The Odd Couple, High Noon, eXistenZ, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence, Exit Through the Gift Shop, Super, The Good, The Bad, and the Weird, OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies, OSS 117: Lost in Rio, Upstream Color, Faust, Jerry Maguire, Black Hawk Down, Steamboat Bill, Jr., Our Hospitality, Strike, Manhunter, The Bicycle Thief, Django Unchained, Seven, Reservoir Dogs, Assault on Precinct 13, Clue, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Grey, Stand by Me, Ordinary People, ENcounters at the End of the World, Amores Perros, The General, Mission: Impossible, Shane, Becket, 99 River Street, On Golden Pond, Sling Blade, Detective Bureau 2-3: Go to Hell, Bastards!, The Hunt, Stories We Tell, Holy Motors, The Rabbi's Cat, Melancholia, Oslo, August 31st, Weekend, Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, Carlos, Armadillo, The Order of Myths, Time and Winds, The Sun, The Return, Russian Ark, Code Unknown, Hoop Dreams, Sherman's March, Mauvais Sang, Alice, Bad Timing, 3 Women, The Conformist, Man with a Movie Camera, Coriolanus... they just can't figure out how to let people find them.

Netflix sure tries though, Anyone with a Playstation (and Xbox? Not sure?) ever use their dumb 'AI' (the biggest airquotes) that's a knockoff You Don't Know Jack voice trying to guide you to movies you like? That's Netflix trying, and that makes me sad.

• Locked thread