Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hell, even the "dud" episodes are really good on rewatches, since its Arrested Development and you discover that they are five times as many jokes you originally thought there were. I think a lot of people were excepting the call backs and recurring jokes from the first three seasons, but instead the show actually evolved and tried to stand on its own, which it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Just stick with the show till Alex Krycek leaves, no his ghost showing up in the finale doesn't count as an appearance because it never happened.

david_a posted:

GHOST IN THE MACHINE argh. Also that episode way later where they go into a video game is so 90s it hurts. It even has a character that is supposed to be Thresh.

The first season has some pretty cool episodes. I'm about half-way through S2 and I find it to be a bit more of a slog; I don't know if I'm just in rough patch or what. I fully intend to abandon the series after they switch filming from Vancouver to LA.

But then you will miss out on The Unnatural, which is one of the best episodes of the show.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zwabu posted:

Scary:
-The two episodes related to Eugene Tooms (may not remember his name correctly): Squeeze and Tooms
-Home
-Irresistible
-"Die Hand Die Verletzt" (Season 2, Episode 14)
-The Host
-2shy
-F. emasculata
-Paper Hearts

Add Pusher and Ice, and now this list is perfect.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Just finished The Fall, I wish there was more of it at the moment. I loved all the tangents in the show not directly linked to the main plot, it made Belfast into a living breathing place in the show instead of just a backdrop. Gillian Anderson is as always wonderful, and Gibson became one of my favorite characters in anything over the course of the show.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I thought Dredd was going to be a fun action movie but instead it was a boring action movie. The shootouts weren't interesting and the slow motion was really just gimmicky. It frustrates me because I enjoyed Urban's and Headey's performances and liked the fact that it wasn't an origin story, but it just felt like it lacked any substance.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

RightClickSaveAs posted:

The X-Files just gave me the bends, season 7 has one of the best episodes followed by one of the worst. X-Cops is pretty amazing, a camera crew from COPS follows Mulder and Scully around, and if X-Files episodes counted as movies, this would be one of the best (and funniest) found footage movies ever made.

Then the very next episode is First Person Shooter.

No, First Person Shooter never happened. It was dream, a nightmare. Please, tell me this is true. It's what I want to believe.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The tv show doesn't have dialogue written by Kirkman, so at least it has that going for it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

axleblaze posted:

Isn't that most comic books and television though? Just an attempt to stretch a story out until you get cancelled?

I feel this is also life.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

morestuff posted:

Any suggestions for monster movies? That can be kaiju or horrorish, but I'd prefer something recent and fun. Platonic ideal would probably be The Blob remake.

Troll Hunter

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Howling III: The Marsupials is one of those movies you swear you dreamed up after you seen it until you are faced with evidence of its existence once again.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mescal posted:

There has to be one anime TV series that's good. One series that makes everyone say "I usually hate anime, but." Is this series on Netflix?

Legend of Galactic Heroes is not on netflix, sorry.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The majority of the horror films I seen I often come out of it thinking "yeah people are dumb enough to behave that way."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

martinlutherbling posted:

Not as awkward as when the one guy came out and said "Hey guys, what we did was terrible and cruel. We did some really hosed up poo poo to the communists and they didn't completely deserve it. If this movie succeeds, it'll paint us as the awful pieces of poo poo that we are". :crickets:

Adi was probably the most interesting part of the movie for me. He was the only one who seem to truly grasped what they have done and accepted it and never went through any sort of denial about it, but because he just looks at it from a different perspective he is able to perform enough mental gymnastics to never be disturbed by any of it like Anwar ultimately was.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I really can't think of anything more satisfying in a game show than those moments in Cutthroat Kitchen when someone gets completely screwed over by the auction and is hit with all of the items but still manages to beat out the other three contestants. Its always really satisfying to watch.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

morestuff posted:

I'm really glad people mentioned Cutthroat Kitchen in here. The way they edit every person down into a comedy bit is amazing

My favorite one of these is the guy who came in wearing moccasins so every edit involving that chef was the other competitors making fun of his footwear.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Anne Whateley posted:

People love Bourdain, but he always seems more like an embarrassing uncle to me. He did the entire Rome episode in black and white with selective colorization. ART

Being an embarrassing uncle is part of his appeal. One of my favorite things about Bourdain is how he will use and abuse the term expat every single chance he gets. Its just goofy how much he seems to love saying it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Erebus posted:

the police don't actually figure out very much and basically just wait for the killer to do something stupid.

This is how police work actually works in real life.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When people recommend Luther they should say its a comic book show pretending to be a cop show. What makes Luther so great is how over the top it is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

david_a posted:

You might want to watch the first episode last though because WTF.

This is a terrible suggestion. Watch the first episode first, its the only a perfect introduction to Black Mirror but a perfect introduction to Charlie Brooker and what he is about.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Luther really does capture the feel of reading a comic book or graphic novel better than shows actually based on comic books or graphic novels. It has a real pulp feel to it.

It really isn't a cop show at all.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
No its a theme park.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Jaws is a perfect film.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Magnus Gallant posted:

No jaws is terrible.

Nah, Jaws is legitimately a perfect film. Its an actual fact that the film is expertly crafted no matter your dumb baby opinion.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Magnus Gallant posted:

Jaws won't be remembered in the next 50 years

:toxx:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

regulargonzalez posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there is literally no movie that a majority of young people have seen.

I feel like the closet you could get would be To Kill a Mockingbird for the simple reason its played in class by lazy English teachers?

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 3, 2015

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I already made this joke elsewhere, but they need to cast Kristen Schaal as Navi so they can have her say "HEY LISTEN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Infernal Affairs is on Netflix and it justifies the subscription cost all on its own

• Locked thread