Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tyma posted:

Bonk's always been interesting to me, because as a kid it was always mentioned in UK gaming magazines as some sort of "mario killer", even though the games were never released in the UK.

Watching someone play this is going to be like finding out Santa isn't real, isn't it? :{

It came out on the amiga but they removed the continue feature which made it stupidly hard for me as a kid. I remember beating the first boss but i could never get to the drat second boss with only 3 lives.

Oh yea, love this show all tahnks translating guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GidgetNomates posted:

When I saw that hint I thought "Midnight Club" but it was one of those situations where my brain just pulled that out of its list of video game titles without actually thinking about what that game is.

If Arino decided to play a modern game and that's what he picked I'd probably cry myself to sleep every night for a week.

i think hed probably go for one of the shutokou battle games instead :colbert:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to get this in non us countries? Edit: the dvd that is? I've never ordered internationaly with amazon before.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Oh man they used giorgio moroders 'the fight' from over the top during the montage for the last ep! Love that track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu8o3uj9oQ8

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

What if they did an actual Top Gear Japan with Arino and two other guys. One can dream.

There are already some realy cool japanese car shows that are way better than that terrible topgear crap.

I'd kill for some SAGCCX level subs of video option or hot version, also best motoring but that doesnt exist anymore.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
After much um-ing and ahh-ing I decided to order the dvd. God knows how i'm going to play it seeing as I dont have anything thats region1 compatible.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

xamphear posted:

You're in luck! According to DVD Decrypter, the discs are region free AND drm free:

Oh thats pretty awesome seeing as i'm too lazy to rip dvds. Now I just have to wait 7 to 14 days :saddowns:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Got my dvd today :D Works fine in my region 2 360!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

You know how Japanese game publishers make those games that are supposed to set in the US or Europe and they get the most basic things comically wrong? What if that situation was reversed? Arino finds out when he plays the European developed First Samurai.

This episode is brought to you be the woman whose home country is never misrepresented in video games, it's the distinguished zari-gani!

Download torrent81 (1 files; 608.10 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Man I was looking forward to this one, as its one of the games I played on the amiga when I was a kid. Although I cant remember anything about it apart from it having cool music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd8TobmMQdA
Edit: It appears that the snes version didnt have the same music o well.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 29, 2012

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bocc Kob posted:

Yeah that's right.

Whats the Japanese for 'gotta support the team' :v:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

Western games are so strange. But perhaps Arino has found one that he can enjoy in Super Donkey Kong Country.

This episode is brought to you by the woman who was prerendered by a farm of SGI stations with almost as much processing power as an iPhone; it's the three-dimensional zari-gani.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 758.27 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Yessss! Also is that Nakayama? :gonk:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

zari-gani posted:

> No Car, No Life - It's like Game Center CX for cars
Arino recently guest starred on a car show run by the comedy duo Ogiyahagi. Screenshots on the homepage.

Arino's car history:
1998 (Age 26): Lancia Delta HF Integrale, Evoluzione II
Rental cars:
- Peugeot
- Mercedes Benz W201
- Mercedes Benz AMG
- Citroen
- Toyota Crown Majesta
- Toyota Crown
- Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v
- Honda Accord
- BMW
2007 (Age 34): Toyota Harrier Hybrid
2008 (Age 36): Audi RS4 Avant
2008 (Age 36): Volkswagen Golf Touran
2008 (Age 36): Mitsubishi Pajero (won on a game show)
2013 (Age 41): Volvo V60 T4 R-DESIGN

Beloved yellow Lancia and current blue Volvo:

Wow I really didn't expect him to be into cars, especially something like the Integrale. He had the best version with the evo2.

I wonder if he ever featured on a video option or best motoring video?

Although that Volvo is a bit lame.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

Korea. Cannes. USA. Cambodia. Now Arino adds a new destination to his list: Paris. Will Arino come down with a crippling case of Paris Syndrome? And will the fans turn out for his trip to the Japan Expo?

The two hour special was translated by zari-gani (who wants you to know that she's aware that Herge is Belgian), cleaned up by Hirayuki, with some pick up by Gutcruncher for good measure who applied some spackle while I was away.

Torrent Download

Thats awesome but tintin is Belgian! Shoulda drawn watanabe like obelix instead!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Am I going mad or did you guys not do subs for JJ and Jeff? I've only got the TV Nihon version but I swear there was a SAGCCX one?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

IIRC the only complete TV Nihon episode we re-did was the Ghosts 'n Goblins episode, mainly because they seriously mistranslated an interview in it. Apparently TV-Nihon was really pissed about this and will pretty much ban anyone from SA from their forums or whatever.

We also did complete versions of...2 or 3 episodes from that first season when the challenge was only a segment and not the main part of the episode.

Ah ok I must have misremembered, it was one of the games where I thought the filename had the american name instead of the japanese one. Its a shame about the TVN thing because i'd love to see an SA version of prince of persia! I'm not sure why they care so much anyway, its not like they actively sub episodes anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

You'd think Arino would be really good at games at this point

Thats why I kinda stopped watching GCCX, because he did start to get better and the fact that the later episodes they had way too much preperation like a second console with the exact same progress in the game etc. It felt like he fails a lot less in the later series because of all the backup he gets.

A lot of the fun was them having to go super overtime, or have to go for another day etc and even just downright failing. Plus I missed all the stuff like random arcade visits, although I can understand that there are only so many arcade places they can go to.

I'm sure the show is still great to most people but for me I just didn't enjoy watching as much so I stopped watching.