Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

I actually sort of liked The Congress. The animated parts much much more than the live action parts.

Yeah but not really due to religious reasons. I haven't played the Pope one but I assume it's the one where you are playing a presumably Catholic Italian nobleman so you're probably loving up the pope because he's a jerk/templar. Unlike the first game where you are a member of a group whose main goal was to strike terror into the heart of the enemies of their interpretation of Islam. Which included a couple of Caliphs.

I believe that one is you're fighting the Medicis or the Borgias, who are in with the Templars.

Historical assassins would get as close to their target as they could. Kill them and then just lay down their weapons and allow whoever rushed in to kill them. That level of devotion was very scary to their enemies. Which would make a pretty good basis for a roguelike game. Infiltrate a fortress or palace, find the target and kill them. If you fail it doesn't matter because you're only one of many expandable young men.
[/quote]

Yeah, you're essentially a human cruise missile. All that training and resources put into a single unit to accomplish one thing: killing the target. Anything else is irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Where's this from?

I can't decide which is better, "rear end-atar" or "Fresh-rear end: Based On The Novel "Tush" By Assfire". "The Lovely Boners" and "Sherlock Homos" are also great.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Have you guys seriously never seen Near Dark and understand why that poster is so laughable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufcsS9E-JVs

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

What, what is this loving thing?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Seriously, I just noticed that cast, what on earth?

It's not immediately noticeable, but it's from the woman who made Iranian vampire cult film A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOs55p0TI7k

Watching this trailer reminds me of the game LISA.

So, this is where all those Hokuto no Ken thugs go to get their mad gains?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

100% of the people who consume it die.

Don't you know, dihydrogen monoxide's already inside you?!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

Not that I caught. I seriously doubt any Seal member has ever been captured and/or that we would know about it enough to make a TV show (seriously why)

At least one has, falling out of the open ramp of a crashing Chinook and captured by al Qaeda, but was immediately executed.

The only "capture" I could find. I swore there might have been some in Vietnam and I thought the guy who was killed by the hijackers on TWA 847, but that guy turned out to be just a Navy diver.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Gotta love their little antlers.

You should see them when they're flipped down...

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wonder what will set him off this time? Someone house sits and over waters his plants?

Trailer's already out: he refuses to do a job, so the Russian mob blows up his house and puts a hit on him with other assassins from the Continential.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

flosofl posted:

It's also remarkably hard to find good anime posters. I've yet to see any.

Noriyoshi Ohrai's cheating and the actual movie does not live up to these posters, but gently caress are they just awesome on their own.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The town in Wages of Fear looks like the quaintest place.

The town in Sorcerer looks like purgatory.

:agreed:

There's flirty naked women in Wages Of Fear's Las Piedras. The only woman in Sorcerer's Porvenir is an elderly cleaning lady.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Powaqoatse posted:

I wanna watch that John Goodman movie without any Mark Wahlberg in it ever.

:agreed:

I had a thought this was about survivors of the bombings, not the police manhunt for the Tsarnevs. I had initially thought Walhberg was playing someone injured in the bombings.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Erebus posted:

The idea of surprising writing credits made me look up the posters for Head. The early one sheets are suitably strange and completely bury the one selling point the movie would have to a general audience.

Only now. Nicholson was a B-movie actor then, still working in Roger Corman exploitation films. He tried breaking into screenwriting with The Trip with friend Peter Fonda, and while it's good, the film was bomb.

It was Easy Rider next year that was his pivotal role of his career, because that got him Five Easy Pieces and working with Kubrick on a Napoleon film that didn't pan out but would lead to him working again with Nicholson on The Shining.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Erebus posted:

Oh yeah, to be clear, I mean they bury that it's a Monkees movie. The Nicholson writing credit is just a weird thing to look back on.

Oh, that's true, too. That first one is intriguing but it says nothing about being a Monkees movie. Perhaps if they used Davy Jones or Mike Nesmith.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Goddamn, Luke Evans as Gaston.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

I wonder what the next "80's series all funnied up" movie is going to be. Airwolf or Blue Thunder? There might be some money in zany helicopter shenanigans.

Blue Thunder deserves a remake but not like that. They could probably get a real attack helicopter these days, because Blue Thunder was supposed to just be an Apache.

Airwolf would definitely but they have to go super-crazy with the conspiracy and spy fiction stuff.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

My favorite example of this is in Pearl Harbor where they fly out of Mitchell Field (known today as Roosevelt Field) on Long Island -- which is smack in the middle of the island, really. Not only were they basically on a tropical beach, but there were mountains everywhere in the background. Laughable moment in an otherwise perfectly accurate movie.

The first X-Files movie starts in a suburb of Dallas, which for some reason has a mountain range nearby in the shot with the city skyline. Dallas in real life is pretty flat.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

That's actually sort of what his old headgear was. If I remember correctly you'd take a fedora and turn it inside out and cut up the brim. The look was apparently very popular among mechanics. It was called a whoopee cap.

I never knew this. That's hilarious. It makes sense in a way since it's rebellion fashion by destroying your parent's clothes to make something new.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Jeff Goldblum wears one in his role as a street thug and rapist in Death Wish.

"I'll paint your face"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I love that the only actors' face that's even visible is Rupert Grint.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

Is that where the word schlong comes from?

Yes, "schlong" is actually Yiddish, but it comes from the same German root "slange", meaning "snake".

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I instantly took this as a Miyazaki show, but it's actually from his son Goro, because ol' Hayao wouldn't touch cel-shaded CGI with a ten-foot pole.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

She's been art-housing it up in a pretty legit way these last couple of years. She was good in Certain Women too.

She's also been working with Adobe's research department on "neural style transfer" and recently wrote a paper on using machine learning to alter video on the fly. It's something she's using in her short film to render scenes in the style of Monet and other Impressionists.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Happy Commercial Bowl Day!

You go with this, but not The Last Match with Ernest Borgnine?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Palpek posted:

So it's really about a dog again?

This looks more like Mads Mikkelsen than Keanu Reeves.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Palpek posted:

...and thick neck. Also the perspective of the body and head don't match. They always gently caress something up.

Oshii Kusanagi is fairly androgynous. That version has always had some big shoulders and thick neck.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm a little miffed at that Logan poster for revealing the girl is supposed to be X-23. I'm pretty sure it's an open secret, but I'd like some sort of ambiguity when it comes to preview materials for movies.

Also, I hate that this rendition of the Reavers is just Pierce with cyborg arms and a bunch of goons straight out of Call Of Duty and doesn't have a bald person with a skull tattooed on their face nor a guy ripping off Mandroid from Eliminators and having tank treads for legs.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xealot posted:

Though, fun fact: gorillas are pretty small in that department. In proportionate and objective terms.

You know which ape is the biggest? Humans. :smuggo:

Of course the biggest penis-to-size body, at least with vertebrates, is ducks

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gonz posted:

It is incredibly violent. Those posters ain't joking.

The redband trailer ended with Logan sticking his claws through a random goon's skull. So, yeah.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Is this about who I think it's about?

While it's evocative, it's not "Icarus". Then again, the reaction of a poster of him being crucified on a VW Bug would be hilarious , rolling around in broken glass, or having someone shoot him in the arm with a .22 less so.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

What are you talking about?

This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBQJgN0MVOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

And the Family:

Cars 3 is looking good.

Waffleman_ posted:

It looks like they hosed up the scaling on his face, so it's a bit blurry.

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm glad Cyborg has a codpiece for his non-existent junk.

Man, that face looks like poo poo pasted on that body too.

The bit they had in the trailer looked like the face was fake, too, that I'm certain that Cyborg is going to be a completely CGI creation for most of the movie. Not even going the Avengers route with Iron Man or the Hulk with an actor in a greensuit with the CGI added on top of it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

Do they really release The Wall without a title change?

Did you noticed they completely changed the title of a whole other movie on that poster?

"From the director of The Borne Identity and Live Die Repeat"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

got any sevens posted:

I think it looks better the other way, actually.

Story of that Samson makes it deserve a better poster http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5252610/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

And that John Cena The Wall might be good? Liman's usually a good director and it's a serious story, though might be just another mideast war movie for the pile. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4218696/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

The trailer explains that Cena and Johnson are a scout sniper team, Cena the sniper and Johnson his spotter, who end up in an ambush. Aaron Taylor Johnson is the main character, because the trailer also shows that Cena gets gut shot and may or may not die.

Also, it's could probably be described as Phone Booth in Iraq.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

This was the worst movie I saw last year but that first poster is five and I guess The Assignment is better than the original title, (Re)Assignment

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/12/reassignment-review-toronto-film-festival-sigourney-weaver

You mean Tomboy? Because I swear that was a working title.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

Right? Detroit has gorgeous, unique architecture. For a movie called Detroit, they really could have done something to showcase the city. Now it's going to look like Anywhere City, USA.

It might largely have to do with that Detroit of today looks a lot different from the Detroit of forty years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Powaqoatse posted:

The design of the posters are 100% "brown people gonna get shot hell yea"

The title itself is suitably generic in that it doesn't describe anything. I mean, they could have called it "Princes' Gate" and it would be a helluva a lot more provocative.