Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think it is worthwhile to bring this one back from the "flood of lovely movie posters" thread.

Someone mentioned before that "one women" refers to her being cloned, so that's word play instead of a typo.

Also, a great website for fan-made posters is reelizer.com

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I doubt this would beat Clifford in the amazing movie poster department, but it comes close.

"I want to take his face... off. Eyes, nose, skin, teeth. It's coming off."

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's weird seeing posters/cover art for animated movies without "from the creators of ..." plastered over it.
How hard can it really be to find an executive producer or screen writer who's associated with something that did well?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

For a such a big safe, that's not a whole lot of money they've just stolen. Maybe they're returning it?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Legion of One posted:

She looks pretty happy for someone with no arms!
Although you can see her fingers on the shoulder of the dwarf with the beret.

quote:

Something about this poster just looks odd to me.

In my case it's the Mona Lisa-esque expression on his face. I really have no idea what kind of emotion he's trying to portray there. He probably doesn't know either.

Edit: Mono Lisa doesn't care about your stereo sound!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 24, 2012

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Oddly enough, the poster/cover for Nothing To Lose is not as bad if you take a closer look at it. I mean, Martin Lawrence even starts to look like Martin Lawrence!

I think this is also another one of those odd billing situations. Notice how Martin Lawrence gets credited first at the bottom (on the embedded image).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 5, 2012

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I can't be the only one who wondered "WTF is K'Naan?" after seeing that poster.

And I think Robert Pattinson is kind of this generation's Leonardo DiCaprio right after Titanic. We (males) loath him right now, but he'll have some amazing roles in the (near) future.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 22, 2012

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Unlike Jaws: The Revenge, which was just utterly reprehensible. Poor Michael Cain, the only bright light in a sea of poo poo.

Well, Michael Caine has been quoted as saying the following about it: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

So don't feel too sorry for him :)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Product placement you say?

Bah, embedding disabled. Click me.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 20, 2012

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Sockser posted:

Is it normal to be bothered that heads are cut off in nearly all of those?

Obviously they didn't want anyone to find out that Bruce Willis is bald.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I saw a trailer for that more than a month ago and it was called "Get the Gringo". Maybe those posters are for the international release?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Jet Li is watching you poop.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I had no idea Billy Drago still got work these days (ignoring for a moment it's pretty much all movies I never heard of).

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

She went back to her home on Whore Island.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm just sad that Moby Dick 2010 isn't about a killer future cyborg whale.

2010 still sounds futuristic to me, dammit.

Also, this rules:

There must be some sort of trope for this:
If (A) gun is being held in hand, then (B) gun must be firing.
Edit: Chekhov's Muzzle Flash.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 25, 2012

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gotta keep those Tumblrs rebloggin'

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

"a producer"? Pff... you're going to need a definite article or plural form if you want to impress me!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I, for one, am glad that Pizza Hut won the franchise wars.

Edit: on a more serious note, did anyone link to this before?
http://blog.alexlikesdesign.com/post/18610766597/on-movie-posters-movie-posters-catch-a-lot-of
It's a bit like some of the grueling behind the scenes tales that have been posted in this thread before.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 11, 2012

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

86% claim to be able to hold a conversation in English, so yes. You can apply that to Scandinavia as well. If the poster had a tagline in Dutch I suspect people would actually be turned off from watching the movie, at least I think that would be the case here in Denmark if it was in Danish.

Confirming this. In The Netherlands movies are subbed, not dubbed. Movies for children are dubbed, but a cinema ("bioscoop"!) usually offers both the dub and sub. Most of it is animated stuff, although Harry Potter also had a dub.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

I think its weird that they still haven't come up with a good solution to that and they're still just putting black make up around the eyes for the masks, even in the Nolan Batman movies. The best part is when the movies pretend that the make up doesn't exist and Batman takes off the mask and its just his normal face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01vWvocMc6M&t=110s
I skipped to the relevant part, but it's worth seeing in it's entirety.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Obviously he's a courier in a country where drivers respect cyclists!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Perspective is an oh so tricky thing.

I know this movie under the name "Come As You Are" which is more fitting for a movie about disabled people hoping to get laid.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'm glad they found such an objective review source for that quote.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Rahonavis posted:

In other news, the wacky snails in "Epic" continue to be jarring as hell:

:frogout:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Nihonniboku posted:

Written and directed by Louis C.K.!

Don't remind him about it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

Here's the only sports movie you need:

Pizza Hut won the franchise wars :v:

I totally don't remember D'Onofrio being in it

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Whaaaaaaah?! Did they enlarge his mouth?!

This being Timothy Dalton before Hot Fuzz, I think they turned his frown upside down.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Cage has previous experiences with plane wreckages. He knows how to handle them.

I don't know about that, man. He looks a bit lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPdwCnwuZ8w

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

I swear, if this is another 'the villain wanted to be caught!' film, I'm going to... well... express disappointment.

I kind of assume the twist is that the villain is a good guy who turned bad in order to prepare the Federation for an even bigger, upcoming threat. Cue: third movie.

I'd call it the Darth Revan trope.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

MikeJF posted:

I have to question the Pacific Rim tagline, though. "To fight monsters, we created monsters". But usually in stuff like this, that means... monstrous. And they're not really that at all. They're huge, but they're just big robots. Unless they're alive and slightly evil, it seems like a terrible line.

Plot twist: halfway through Pacific Rim turns out to be a live action adoptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

This DVD cover certainly grabbed my attention. Shows you what a fancy outfit can do!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Slate Action posted:

Obscuring the title of the film: always a good idea!

This way it's easy to turn it into a White House Down poster at a later moment!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's the sequel to Wild Wild West that all of us never wanted!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 22, 2013

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Hey, not a bad word about Pippi Longstocking. She can kick your rear end, you know!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gonz posted:

Transformers 4: Beyond Cyberspace

*Trans4mers

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

So, this got me curious about From Dusk Till Dawn which is a movie that definitely should have lied in it's trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgk_SAbC5_0

Succes! (well, there are a couple glimpses, but it does a good job for the most part).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNuIn4T-CLk

Failure!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

The king of product placement will always be Demolition Man. I remember when I first saw Americans referencing the Taco Bell scene which I thought was odd because I could have sworn that it was a Pizza Hut. Turns out they were so dedicated to their craft that they filmed different product placement scenes for different markets.

I wouldn't call a quick ADR job dedication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fwFnSi_esI

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's clearly Charlie Chaplin.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Barudak posted:

I believe a marketing guy's explanation was "this poo poo sells" which is pretty much why you see it everywhere.

I believe it was "this poo poo sells to the 14-24 olds" to be exact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Too early, they haven't even filmed Machete Kills Again yet.