Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

air- posted:

Just saw that WTF is now sold out, sorry for anyone who missed out! By the way, I've talked with a few goons already about their GABF plans and there's enough to where I'm gonna put together a bottle share on the Friday of that week. We have a potential location and I'm just trying to get a preliminary headcount of who'd be interested, so pm me or just say something.

Just realized I am retarded and will be in Boston for my sister's wedding the week of GABF :saddowns: So despite past promises, no goonmeets for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

danbanana posted:

Not immediately.

The primary microvascular complications of drinking Pumking include damage to the eyes, kidneys, and nerves. Damage to the eyes, known as Pumking retinopathy, is caused by damage to the blood vessels in the retina of the eye, and can result in gradual vision loss and potentially blindness. Damage to the kidneys, known as Pumking nephropathy, can lead to tissue scarring, urine protein loss, and eventually chronic kidney disease, sometimes requiring dialysis or kidney transplant. Damage to the nerves of the body, known as Pumking neuropathy, is the most common complication of diabetes. The symptoms can include numbness, tingling, pain, and altered pain sensation, which can lead to damage to the skin. Pumking related foot problems (such as foot ulcers) may occur, and can be difficult to treat, occasionally requiring amputation. Additionally, proximal Pumking neuropathy causes painful muscle wasting and weakness.

Just wanted to acknowledge this pro post :golfclap:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Fat Lou posted:

I hate tequila and I hate margaritas, but goses are real good. Most people who come to my store don't even know what goses are so I am willing to bet that we are not even close to peak goses yet.

Yeah... my friends who enjoy craft beer but don't sperg about it on the internet all day have no idea what a gose is. I guess the question is whether it ever significantly advances out of the beer nerd hype world and actually makes a dent in the public consciousness.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm headed to Denver next week to visit the in-laws. I've been a few times and have visited the usual suspects (Falling Rock, Argonaut, Crooked Stave, Great Divide, Avery, Stranahan's) but my wife has asked me to come up with one or two MUST SEE places for this trip.

So what say you, CO goons? What TWO Denver/FOCO/Boulder breweries and/or bars should we visit this time around?

Eliminating the places you listed, River North in Denver is a great hidden gem. Then I'd suggest one out of Equinox, Funkwerks, City Star or Grimm Bros if you're interested in heading north. Those are all places making great beer that you almost certainly can't find back home.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Am I reading this right? Loving Papa Johns / Dominos / Pizza Hut / any incredibly lovely national chain pizza in a forum dedicated to good food is the popular opinion? I've never lived in Chicago, NYC or anywhere else where people are Real Serious about pizza but unless I'm hammered I'd rather eat nothing than Papa John's et al. It's gross, they are to pizza as McDonald's is to burgers.

edit: on further review, no, I am not reading it right. I'll let my unprompted pizza rant stand, though :colbert:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 28, 2014

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

El Jebus posted:

Celebrated closing on our house and getting our keys by drinking a bottle of DeuS with the wife. So much better than champagne...

Congrats :respek: Was a bottle of Firestone Walker XV for us!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

crazyfish posted:

Forgot how super delicious St. Bernardus 12 is on tap.

Also, Firestone 18 on tap at map room, $8/10oz. Have at it.

That's a nice deal considering bottles are going for like $22+ out here.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MunchE posted:

I was checking out untappd recently and I saw that BCBS had a whopping 22k checkins in the last month. If that doesn't cement how not-rare it is, it was less than 1000 checkins behind Sierra Nevada Celebration.

So how long until every dickhead is lining up outside of the liquor stores for the big Celebration release? We're almost there, right?

I literally haven't seen BCBS in CO but I also haven't been looking very hard. Not sure if we just didn't get very much again (we got one small shipment last year but I worked to chase it down. This year I just idly looked for it if I was out shopping) or if it sold out in 1 day due to extreme hype or what.

Like mrcowcow, I just kind of shrug and enjoy our dozens of awesome but non-hyped breweries :shrug:

Edit as I catch up on the thread: Eejit's recommendation of Biker Jim's in Denver is pro. Good-rear end dogs.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Vertigo posted:

I'm 'on call' until 8PM... allowed myself one beer all day just to get my untapped Xmas badge....

A 2011 Avery The Beast. Not impressed with this beer at all. Its sweet and I dunno. Just boozy as all hell.

One 17% beer :ssh:

Had an Embrasse from De Dochter that my wife and I brought back from our trip to Belgium. The guy in the beer shop in Brussels would not shut up about how awesome it was. It's a very tasty Belgian Dark Strong. Went down nicely after a lot of rich food. It has that Belgian hallmark of being full of flavor but finishing dry and not as filling as you'd expect from the initial taste and ABV.

Followed up with some 2 week old Pliny which was great as always.

Got some Westy 12 in the fridge from that same trip but am on caloric overload and not sure I can do it tonight... That might get saved for NYE.

Beery Christmas, goons.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 26, 2014