Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
sup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

hello.

Give us the scoop.

Not much to tell. John Thorne (AIW promoter) and Addy Starr were in a relationship. She got booked on a few AIW shows. The relationship went south. They parted ways. That's about it. The pics of him with other girls at the after show is everyone being drunk and stupid. Nothing was done against anyone's consent or anything. It was dumb to sleep with Addy, but that's about the only really bad thing he did. AIW is a really good company. They are worth supporting.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Also, this weekend is 2CW's Girls Grand Prix 2. Pretty good group of women. Cherry Bomb vs Courtney Rush will be especially good since they've been feuding for years in various promotions. Rachel Summerlyn won last years tournament, beating Sara Del Rey. 2CW posted a match from that show this week. Portia Perez vs Summerlyn. Around the 1 minute mark, you can see Portia yank $20 from me.

http://vimeo.com/48223820

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Kwik posted:

I live 40 minutes outside of Binghamton, and I'm off on Saturday, does 2CW put on a good show? It's an easy enough trip to get there.

Yeah. Its very old school vibe to it, but its good. Also, Sami Callihan will be there, probably for the last time.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Isys Ephex vs Pepper Parks is the main event actually.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHINE doesn't have a show this month, but next month is SHINE 11, and it will be a one night tournament for their title. Since Allysin Kay is suspended and Jazz is injured, it opened up 2 spots in the 8 woman tournament. Here is the brackets.

The two empty spots will be filled by 4 way matches. Pretty interesting. My money is still on Rain to win it though.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

njsykora posted:

Oh god it's the Evolve title tournament all over again.

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it. So, it pretty much maid the previous 2 shows which had 8 "qualifier" matches pointless. Since all the people who lost those matches are back in the tournament (except for Madison Eagles who's back in Australia).

coconono posted:

Weird, I figured they'd do Rain and Mercedes Martinez in the finals.

They wouldn't do heel vs heel in the finals. My guess is it will be Rain vs Santana or Leva in the finals. Gotta have the big babyface for the crowd to root for in the finals. Santana is SUPER over with the crowd, so her winning it would not surprise me.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

coconono posted:

oooo I kinda like Saraya Knight vs. Santana or Leva. That could easily transition into a running feud.

Yeah, but Saraya Knight isn't going to be around every month.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Jenny Rose was in Diana for the last year. Everytime she uploads a match, it looks like it was filmed in some spare garage or something.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
This is like the coolest kids birthday party ever.

Shanna vs Leah Von Dutch from Extreme American Wrestling...which is in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xHMD0quSzU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Don't botch, especially in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asZN6-JYsw

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Back in America, Candice LeRae had herself a fun weekend.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHIMMER taped volumes 58-61 this weekend. As I type this Volume 61 is still going, but I saw this pic from Volume 59. Kimber Lee vs Kana.

God drat.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CVE is best in tag teams with MsChif. On her own she's pretty meh. But, not many women will go hardcore like she does anymore, so you can always count on her to bleed.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

coconono posted:

Most women bleed?

I bought the last WSU and came to several conclusions:
1. The stream sucked rear end. Jittery required constant refreshing.
2. Rob Feinstein is a thin skinned dick.
3. DJ Hyde as the co-owner is kinda cool, mostly for the BJW connection(which has ties to several Joshi promotions)
4. The in-ring product is better than SHINE but not nearly as good as SHIMMER's.
5. The venue needs a better lighting setup.

The problem with the Skate Zone in Vorhees is, its too big for a wrestling show that barely gets 100 people. It looks bad to be in this huge building with so few people in the seats. Even most CZW shows look bad because of it. When they had the nicer setup with the big backdrop, and darker lighting, it looked so much better. I doubt RF video will ever put that much effort into the setup though.

Also, SHINE is usually very good. I'd say its better than WSU at this point, but WSU is getting better. And yeah, nothing will ever beat out SHIMMER's roster. SHIMMER is basically a female PWG. Or PWG is a (mostly) male SHIMMER.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
From all account, Mia Yim really stepped up. And Eagles is just Madison Eagles, so she's always one of the best in the world. Kana vs Kimber Lee and Kana vs Allysin Kay sounded like must see matches.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Kimber Lee is legit badass. Getting trained by Gulak and being the only girl at the time at the CZW school helped. Her work in WSU, CZW, and especially AIW has been really solid.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Solo Darling is a young up and comer who was hand picked by Daffney to be in her rear end. I mean, her "All Star Squad". At the SHINE show on Friday, she dressed up as Shark Girl, one of Daffney's old masked gimmicks. She's just super goofy and seems to be high or drunk all the time. She's not terrible in the ring, but nothing about her is amazing either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45RcCEhgJ4

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Prazak said Shida had one of the best debut weekends ever for SHIMMER, so I assume she's coming back anytime her schedule allows.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Ghidzilla posted:

This is going to sound quite random, but what are folks opinions on Katarina Waters (Winter) and an up and comer that I hear a lot about called Allysin Kay? Has Winter/Waters had any significant matches besides a ladies' ladder match with Beth Phoenix that I've heard a lot about? And I've heard from a few people that Kay's a star on the rise in Shine. Is this the case?

Allysin Kay is badass. She's really good and knows how to get the crowd involved. Here's a few of her matches:

Fans Bring the Weapons Match vs Mia Yim (AIW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6DZby4ov70

Allysin Kay & Sassy Steph vs KOA (Aaron Epic/Sugar Dunkerton)(Beyond)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBrtlLG1Qdk

Allysin Kay vs Courtney Rush (CCW in front of a ton of kids)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4uJw7gslEQ

Here's some promos she's done too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8QKTRzc4co
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xis1gzlypAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SafuW9wwrqE

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

Anyone going to SHIMMER 62 in NOLA? Lodging in NOLA proper sucks a dick, but I've found some pretty reasonable places outside the city limits to the Northeast.

I'm going to SHIMMER in Berwyn the week after.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHINE just announced MsChif & Christina Von Eerie as the last team in an 8 team tag tournament. That's cool and all, except MsChif's pregnant, so.....awkward.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHIMMER just announced that Ray & Leon will be returning to Berwyn next weekend for SHIMMER 63-66. And they posted this awesome match from Volume 47.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFyq4Nr1U-M&hd=1

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Suben posted:

That match is really, really bad. It's way too fast (in that it's incredibly short) and it's mostly someone doing a move then getting eliminated and what looks like some miscommunication errors (Kyoko's elimination) as well as Lioness looking like she's there solely to collect a paycheck. There's an Alundra Blayze/Kyoko Inoue vs. Aja Kong/Tomoko Watanabe match on Raw from around the same time span that's a lot better. Kyoko probably would've gotten over big time if WWF kept around the women's division and kept her around: she was at her peak as a wrestler at the time, had a cool moveset and had a good ability to fire up the crowd.

I wonder if there's anyway that WWE could get the tape libraries to promotions like AJW, GAEA, ARSION, etc. or at the very least license the rights to show that stuff on the Network and such.

I wouldn't mind seeing a WWE doc about Madusa/Alundra Blaze at the very least. After Lita, she's probably the next bet for the HoF on the women's side. Knowing WWE though, they'd probably throw Sable in the HoF first.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHIMMER was awesome. No title switches though. But, Kana vs Thunderkitty happened. Just think about that visual for a moment.

All the Joshi's did really well. Ray & Leon, Kana, Shida, Nakagawa, and Ohka were pretty much all involved in the best matches of the weekend. And Nikki Storm is really great. And Saraya Knight dismembered Pegaboo (Lufisto's doll/manager).

Only bummer of the weekend was Madison Eagles broke her wrist and Christina Von Eerie got dropped on her head and was knocked out in the ring for a bit.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

Wait, CVE faked that whole thing? Where are you hearing this?

Holy sit, if that's true, I hope SHIMMER backlists her. She already got shitcanned from CZW & WSU recently.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 17, 2014

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

I saw it dead on from the Joshi section. It looked pretty rough but we were waiting on CVE to give some indication on being okay or not okay. Nice of her to take advantage of that for whatever weird reason.

What did she do to get blackballed from CZW/WSU?

Apparently she broke up with Masada between the most recent WSU and CZW double header in a very public and loud fashion. So, DJ Hyde chose Masada over her. That explained why she was on the WSU show and not on the CZW show vs Candice LeRae even though that was scheduled and part of a bigger story with Kimber Lee. Maybe she'll move back to California and just do PWG, AWS, and Mexico or something.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 17, 2014

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
She stopped doing the one gimmick people liked (mohawk) anyway, so I don't see the point of bringing her back.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

Replace her with Buggy Nova, see if anyone notices.

I don't think Buggy Nova is wrestling anymore. Plus, she didn't leave a good impression when she was booked in SHIMMER before apparently. I think with Angie Skye being prompted to the main roster, SHIMMER has its punk rock gimmick girl in place.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

Also, Heidi Lovelace really stepped up in the last tapings. So there's a punky heel and a punky babyface. Maybe giving Skye a bigger showcase on the main roster can give them an excuse to get some new SPARKLE talent and flush the FF rejects.

Yeah, they need to stop filling SPARKLE with nCw:FF girls. Most of them aren't very good. If they want good Canadian talent to bring in, there's more in Ontario than Montreal. Jewells Malone, Seleziya Sparx, and Jasmin all come to mind.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Nah, that happening May 11.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
TNA is taping another Knockouts Only PPV on May 10th. This is also the same day as WSU and is messing with that show. Mia Yim is already out. There could be others. Stupid TNA.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

coconono posted:

Is that an angle or is it just indie wrasslin?

She took a booking with TNA the same night as the last WSU show, so they "fired" her. But she'll be back soon, most likely next show. She just worked a CZW show last weekend, so that kind of tells you she'll be back.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

Hopefully the next WSU show because I'll be at that one.

The next SHINE show was announced, sadly I just moved and won't make that one. KimberBombs are back, S-N-S Express is back, Lovelace is back, LVD is making it two straight shows, Candice LaRae is debuting. Ivelisse defends against Serena finally. Curious what the story is with the tag titles, since there are 5 other tag teams that will be there.

Yeah, that SHINE show is totally loaded. I am thinking it will be some kind of tag gauntlet or something. Although Kimber Bombs and SNS are on the SHINE 20 poster, so maybe a 3 way title match.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
PWI Female 50 only counts matches/workers in North America, hence why no Joshi.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

The continued inclusion of Kellie Skater is going to make it hard for them to justify not using the Joshi that SHIMMER brings over. Hikaru Shida and KANA work the same dates Skater works, minus 1-2 SHINE shows (which are guaranteed losses for international wrestlers).

Skater's won at least one SHINE match before. Team AUS beat Team USA on SHINE 9 a while back, but yeah, it's kinda silly to not include Kana at least. It's PWI though, so whatever.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
This is how they make the list.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Queens of Combat are having a two day title tournament this weekend. I'm going to both days. Leva Bates vs Lufisto seems to be the highlight match today. Looking forward to seeing Tessa Blanchard as well, who I think I'll see wrestling at least three times this weekend. Also looking forward to calling Jessicka Havok a twitter racist.

Edit: Apparently it's just round 1 and 2, and the Semi and Finals won't be until like September or something.

Results please?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Lufisto and Leva Bates main evented the show apparently with Lufisto going over. Tomorrow its Lufisto vs Tessa Blanchard in round 2. I don't know any of the other results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
If the 21 age limit is a real thing, then how did Jasmin get signed? She is only 20 as well.

Also, Tessa told someone off camera she was 19 when she did a Periscope chat a few weeks ago during her Canada tour. And a PWX commentator mentioned she was 19 during one of her recent matches too. I think it was her match vs Candice.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 14, 2015

• Locked thread