Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Roar posted:

Can you become a Ponymon Master???

Fortunately there's already an excellent LP of this on youtube RIGHT NOW

oh god his mouse is in the middle of the screen.

He's reading the text out loud.

Oh god I don't think I can continue. I haven't even seen him battle a pony yet :gonk:

Oh god one of the moves is called 'giggle', I literally cried out in pain at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Niggurath posted:

You've got some pretty noticeable frame blending going on throughout your video and your commentary audio is kinda difficult to hear over the game's audio and gunfire, so I'd say you might want to turn that up.

This, and also turn the game audio up for dialogue. I had a hard time hearing the characters during some of the cutscenes. Aside from that, interesting LP and I think I'll be following this one.

Oh yes, and turn on subtitles if there's an option to.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Jenner posted:

Hey guys, look what I dug out of storage.

This will be a Screen Shot LP, I will include either links to or host the animated FMV sequences myself and I will be supplying music via tindeck links because the CD has all the music on it.

*an entire loving update*

There is a reason the off-site screenshot test poster exists. Use it. If everyone put the entire thing in their sandbox post like you just did, it would not be pretty. Hell, even one post like this is not pretty. Not trying to be mean, but how do you not know about this? Did you even read the OP. Serious minus points here.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Luquos posted:

Believe it or not, back in the day, everyone did that.

The sandcastle was kind of hell to read.

So I have been told. Fortunately for me, I never read the sandcastle as a lurker.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Xerophyte posted:

I've been spending some quality vacation time catching up on LPs, as one does, and have been getting a few "Sorry, we're unable to play this video" errors from Blip on certain videos. For instance, Uncharted 2 episodes 15 and 16.

Googling led me to the recent Witcher thread where the same problem appeared immediately after PoorWeather uploaded a video and then mysteriously solved itself. That was about the only instance I found. Is this crap common and does it usually go away in due time? Blip itself doesn't have anything to say on the issue, far as I can tell.

I've been getting these on the FFXIII videos for ages. For like, all of them.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I would also add that you don't need to censor yourself. It's ok to say gently caress. We can cope.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Polybius91 posted:

The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress - Let's Play Military Madness

Know what I love? Strategy games. You know what great strategy game hasn't gotten an LP?

This one. I'm gonna go ahead and change that.

Wrong. Good luck doing a better LP that this one! :v:

Edit: (That last sentence was sarcasm. The "LP" only has one 30 minute video where the commentators barely even talk about the game. Still a very entertaining video, but not really an LP of the game!)

Meis fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 2, 2012

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Jewel posted:

Yo, not trying to sound harsh here, but can you not do that?

I've went to LP something one time and prepared everything for it, then found out someone's already done it, and better, and it kinda makes you feel like crap for putting in the effort. :shobon:

It was a joke! If you see the video, it's not really a serious LP of the game. More a 30 minute gameplay video while people make sexual innuendos regarding pizza. Sorry the joke fell flat. Well, Pork Lift got it. Must be a case of subtle british humour or something? But yes, sorry :)

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Nah, it was probably my fault. I mean a joke that you have to explain is not a good joke at all, is it?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

MeccaPrime posted:

Take it Lovedump guys. :rolleyes:

I loving love lovedump. It gives me the fuzzies :3:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Brainamp posted:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=2302

An actual op and a much better video in my opinion. I worked on slowing down to actually look at Rapture and making subs that weren't quite so useless. I've been told that I note one or two obvious things, though they are fairly minor.

Again, please tell me if I missed anything or if I should try to improve something.

I enjoyed this quite a lot actually. I hope your commentary will also be about the plot, characters, themes and such, as well as the game mechanics. I'll definitely follow this LP though :)

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

baldurk posted:

Speaking of which:

????

loving hell, that just made my night.

Christ, that girl is awful.

Also, that pong thread. That made my night too. Slowbeef, what will you do if he doesn't post the first update tomorrow?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Paingod556 posted:

It's not a complex game and a full LP would be overkill.

Is Anomaly a short game? If so, it might fit in the Clusterfuckathon thread.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

So I've been planning on doing a SSLP of a game called To The Moon. I made a post in the tech support fort regarding image formats, and I just got all that sorted out but now I'm starting to think maybe I should do the thing as a subtitled VLP instead. The game is very text heavy, but it's also extremely atmospheric, has great sound/music, and a lot of neat little details which I'd find myself breaking the screenshots up with videos of quite frequently. The first update which I was working on (which is pretty short) has 6 videos in it. That kind of set off some alarm bells.

Trouble is the game is hard to record. Fraps/Dxtory don't work in it, and I've been struggling using Hypercam2 to record from the screen with a decent framerate and quality, despite the game not exactly being graphically intensive. If I did do it as a VLP I guess I'd have to head back to the tech support fort to figure out a good way to record it, but that's not a big deal.

So I guess the point of the post is, should I continue working on it as a SSLP or start over with a subtitled VLP instead? Unfortunately I didn't reach the stage of having a test post yet, but if people know the game I'd appreciate their thoughts.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Thanks for the advice, guys. I think I'll stick to screenshots, but I just figured out how to record video without audio desync, bad framerates and such too. I think I'll just record the whole thing and take screens from that, and edit clips of interesting things out. I should probably learn how to make gifs too, of the shorter animations. As for audio, I'd always planned to just link to the bandcamp itself, seeing as it lets you listen to the songs without downloading them for free.

Now I need to redo all the video and I messed up a couple of the screenshots, so I reckon I'll just start the whole thing over tomorrow. I'll hopefully be posting a test post soon! Thanks again! :)

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I already have photoshop. It's an old version, but it gets me by. Not like I'd need to do anything too advanced anyways! I'll get hold of VirtualDubMod (already have the regular VirtualDub), and read up on those guides in the tech support fort. I was half expecting to get berated for not doing my research and asking dumb questions - glad that hasn't happened. Hopefully I'll be able to make this LP high enough quality to do the game justice.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Use VirtualDubMod to take screenshots, and plain ol' VirtualDub for GIFs. That's all I know, and I'm getting by. :v:

Going back to this, is there a way to make VirtualDubMod save screenshots without having to type in a file name every time, but making it automatically save as whatever-0001.png, whatever-0002.png etc.?

Also my version of photoshop apparently can't open gifs made in VirtualDub, so I guess I'll be using GIMP after all and following MEAT!'s tutorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

AvsPMod has the ability to do that. It's hella handy and another reason why I don't use VDub Mod.

Guess I'll use that then! Thanks! In hindsight I probably should have asked this question in the other thread in the first place, but hey.

• Locked thread