Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Buzkashi posted:

Not sure about the film thing but fart jokes were indescribably popular well before this. In fact, Mel Brooks' character William J. Le Petomane is named after a famous French flatulist.

I had no idea that there were professional farters.

The show sounds amazing, too

quote:

Some of the highlights of his stage act involved sound effects of cannon fire and thunderstorms, as well as playing "'O Sole Mio" and "La Marseillaise" on an ocarina through a rubber tube in his anus.[2] He could also blow out a candle from several yards away.[1]

:allears:

I guess to see an act like that these days I have to go to Thailand, don't I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Besesoth posted:

Not to nitpick, but that's Michael Keaton.

The VC buyout wasn't kind to Wayne Industries.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zebulon posted:

Good. He needs to keep fresh to play Old Bruce in a Batman Beyond live action movie.

I didn't know I needed this in my life until I read this post, oh man.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Len posted:

It would have been a terrible idea but recasting Banner every movie would have been hilarious

Have the previous Banner in the intro as he Hulks up. First time he goes back to Banner BAM its the new guy. Gamma ray science magic!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Yeeeep.
Plus he says that he sunk "every last dime" into this job.
A couple of trucks, a crew of maybe a dozen.
That's not millionaire money. That's a hard-scrabble crew running on fumes.

Probably one of those crews with a diehard core that he just refuses to fire and the kind of company that resorts to accounting games to stay afloat and even then is rickety from payday to payday.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

On Thursday, a friend pointed out that if That 70's Show, which debuted in 1998 and was set in 1976 were to be made today, it would be set in 1997.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

rydiafan posted:

The alien ships in Battleship literally shoot out the red pegs from the game as their offensive weaponry, and that's when I knew it was the greatest movie ever made.

Yuuuuuuuuuuup. It was just so outlandish it was perfect.

That, and them targeting grid squares with missile barrages due to..alien jamming or whatever.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

MichiganCubbie posted:

I have maintained that The Hateful Eight would have been amazing if right after Bruce Dern dies he turns into The Thing, and the rest of the movie is the humans trying to survive while fighting in a 1880s version of The Thing.

They have the soundtrack, the setting, the overall tone, a somewhat similar ending, there's a lot of The Thing in The Hateful Eight.

Holy poo poo that would have been fuckin amazing.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I grew up pretty poor but seeing that specialized, mechanized watch drawer was the first time I ever felt poor.

TIL what that drawer was for.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

No idea how to make a joke about it but here's SOLO 1996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV-4gWRtNxY

I choose to believe this takes place in the Red Alert universe, and that was General Carville.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oops. DP.

Arrath has a new favorite as of 23:30 on May 10, 2020

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

Any Given Sunday Sunday Sunday

Inspired.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Oh man Slapshot rules so hard.

A timeless classic.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Speckled Band was fine, Red Headed League was some bullshit.

Yeah I think I'm with you

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

I always get the Rock and Dwayne Johnson confused

"Why is a wrestler driving a car, anyway?"

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

credburn posted:

Brad Garrett and Patrick Warburton are the same person.

Confusing the Tick for one of the boring doofs on Everyone Loves Raymond. For shame.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Hockles posted:

Another theatrical version holdover of the "T-1000 is glitching" subplot that is more or less cut: is that after he is reassembled, when you see a full frame shot of him walking, he has the shirt of the beat cop uniform, but the boots of the bike cop uniform. I never noticed it until it got pointed out to me a few months ago

I would never in my life have caught that

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Carthag Tuek posted:

Cameron on why the T-1000 is a cop:

Yo he's on team ACAB

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

I love Arnie's response to John telling him to put the gun down in that scene. He's like a puppy or a 3 year old.

Yeah he took that very literally lol. That's a director's cut scene right? I can't recall ever seeing it before in the theatrical/tv/vhs editions..

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cat Hatter posted:

Nope. Every version has that unless your local TV station cut the movie down to a half hour or something.

Fuckin hell

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ideally they get locked away in an armory only he has access to, but

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

First season is super procedural, dumb criminal of the week stuff that's solidly entertaining but not much more. After that it gets a lot more serialized with season long villains and way more Boyd action.

Yeah, this. The first season is okay but nothing stellar. They really hit their stride in the second season with the move to big season long story arcs.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm a dude with my hand up a dude who thinks he's another dude!

I am 110% in

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

It should be exactly the same near misses as Hot Tub Time Machine.

Lol yes, please

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

IT is kind of hilarious how between Mad Max and The Menu Nicholas Holt has been typecast as a tryhard loser trying desperately to be noticed by their idols.

SONOFABITCH NUX WAS THE FOOD WEEABO?? I knew he looked familiar.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

credburn posted:

I can't stand how fuckin dark some 60s and 70s movies are. I watched Marathon Man recently. It features a dude running in the early morning hours and MAN are these ever the early-morning-hours because you can't fuckin see anything. Shapes in the darkness talking. I get it, it's early, the sun isn't up yet, but I'd still like to see the movie.

Yeah I'm not sure whats worse, modern night shots where it was clearly shot in broad daylight and color graded blue, or actual night with minimal lighting so its black shadow talking to slightly darker black shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I talked my girlfriend into watching it for her first time a couple months ago. Such a good fuckin show.