Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I got as far as the Two Boats and a Helicopter episode in season 1 (that episode was amazing) but the rest of the episodes were way too depressing. God the first minutes of the first episode tore me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

[quote="syscall girl" post="""]
e: Vicki Vale's pearl necklace there is actually not in '89 Batman but actually an in-joke about Alec Baldwin
[/quote]

Seems kinda racy for a lego game

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jeherrin posted:

Boyfriend of a girl I used to know was an electrical engineer working on satellites.

There are a lot of crudely soldered dongs floating around in space.

Just like your mom! (Shes fat and as big as space and also full of dicks)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Rewatched Starship Troopers recently and it reinforced how perfect I think that movie is, the pacing and storytelling and world building are loving flawless and I'm astounded by how well it holds up compared to so many other, newer films. I also spotted something I've never noticed before: after Rico gets command of the Roughnecks and just before they head out for the climactic raid, Rico's inspecting the replacements and he does the standard "jesus look at these kids fresh out of boot" like all military men in any movie ever but the replacements are all actual kids, like 15, maybe 16 years old. A subtle moment that reinforces how absolutely flat out nazi-bad the Federation actually is.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

I'll have to watch it again, but I think they were just trying to show how raw the new recruits were compared to the now grizzled veterans. Rico was too pretty to look convincingly weathered so they needed younger looking recruits.

Except for Doogie, none of the high schoolers at the beginning looked remotely 18. The other team's football guy looked 30.

Edit: yeah, just looked it up. He was 30.

I get what you're saying but these kids are so obviously children I find it hard to believe it wasn't a jab at the federation.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jedit posted:

You no doubt had a good reason for emptyquoting a five year old post and in the process stripping the content.

He has until I finish unsheathing my katana to explain himself.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

George Lucas ruined the lives of two Anakins i guess. Thats pretty subtle

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Saw John Wick again, and I noticed that when Theon Greyjoy sees John Wick as John Wick for the first time (not random man with cool car) hes literally crouched on top of a man whom he coldly executes by shooting in the head while maintaining eye contact with Theon. Thought that was a neat way of showing why hes referred to as the Baba Yaga for the whole film; to the people he is going after he literally is a monster who appears from the shadows to murder at will.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I am sorry you get beat up by toddlers but I appreciated the story.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I posted a video a while back in the Schadenfreude thread about flightsuit guys loving up and crashing and one guy managed to deglove his thighs.

No.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

For more "films referencing other films", the Mumakil scene at Pelennor Fields in Return of the King features an instance where Eowyn and Merry ride between the legs of one of the Oliphaunts. Now I may be stretching comparisons here, but I always thought this was a visual shoutout to The Lost World: Jurassic Park where a biker races between the legs of an Apatosaurus.

How could that be if the lord of the rings happened before the dinosaurs... checkmate athiests

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

I always thought it was neat that the spider that bit Peter had his costume's color scheme.

I always thought that was one of the more contrived aspects of those movies.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

TGG posted:

Pretty sure Zemo is still trucking since Black Panther stopped his suicide. He wasn't exactly super memorable but I could definitely see Daniel Bruhl coming back to set up some big plot. Also it's Zemo, he's not in the public consciousness but he is at least Kang level in the Marvel Universe.

Zemo was the most sympathetic MCU villain by a wide margin.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Temple is good and the titty statue blew my mind when I was a kid.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

no, theyre just big ol turkeys

Thats what he said

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Phy posted:

I'm just going to take a minute to put an idea into your head.

A pet gerbil named Gosef.

Gosef Jerbils.

We had a thing going here with the turkeys until you hosed it all up.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ferrule posted:

"I'm paying you to build a rail-road, not jump around like a bunch of Kansas City..."

Or the entire end sequence.

edit: And if it is supposedly such a wonderful teaching movie about intolerance how come it is so highly edited when it airs on TV?

Because anti racism is bad

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

my favorite subtle moment in the good place is how it showed me i am actually in hell myself, by not letting netflix norway show the 2nd and 3rd season of it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

E: wrong thread

Biplane has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Dec 30, 2018

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

when my grandma was slowly slipping into the clutches of sweet death, she told me once how the War was like for her, in occupied Norway. Not too bad, it turns out, lots of handsome soldiers flush with cigarettes, candy and nylon stockings. :stare:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The Inhuman's show has a guy who's super power is this. He can "see the flaw in every eventuality". So there'd be a fight scene where he gets shot, and suddenly everything would freeze in place and he'd wander around looking at bullet trajectories and stuff. It was pretty cool.

Although he later falls of a cliff and almost breaks his neck.

There's also a very traumatic episode of Travellers with a similar gimmick, where someone gets their conciousness overwritten by successive time-travellers, and we see like 16 loops of them failing. It's horrifying and awesome.

I think I just saw that episode, with the skydiving brother and sister, right? Very good but the travelers are huge dicks.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nutsngum posted:

This is pretty much true about Dogma. I rewatched it as a 31 year old and it's just not nearly as clever as it originally seemed to be.

Hey now, don't bemoan brilliant cinema based on your own terrible life choices. Perhaps it is you who is a Lumberg hmm?

Being Lumberg would be a blessing because he loved doing his job.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ooooooh, yeah... I'm just going to have to go and disagree with you there. Mmmm, yeah.

I'm not saying he hated it. I'm saying he was devoid of any and all emotion. I don't think he loved anything. He just existed.

Have you even seen Office Space? The level of satisfied smugness radiating from him is extremely obvious.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

What's a bigger red flag as "favorite movie" in terms of measuring personality: Donnie Darko, Fight Club, or Atlas Shrugged?

Atlas Shrugged by several thousand miles.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

My favorite movie is Alien3

:catstare:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Decrepus posted:

In John Carpenter's The Thing you need a Platinum account to view this

Decrepus posted:

In John Carpenter's The Thing you need a Platinum account to view this

Thanks to awful app even that won’t help you (some times)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tom Cruise the actor owns but Tom Cruise the religious zealot is very bad.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

sometimes I just get flustered and need someone to walk me through it :(

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

I rewatched this the other day and it's definitely better than The Mummy Returns. I think if they'd gone with that idea for the first sequel, it would've been pretty well received and then maybe the O'Connell's could've had ongoing supernatural related adventures without being so tied to Egypt all the time. Instead Tomb of the Dragon Emperor was given the task of reclaiming the reputation that had been lost after The Mummy Returns and it wasn't good enough to win all those people back who had hated Returns.

Ban this sick filth.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mods!?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

little known fact: the Mummy Returns was shot in real time

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

even littler known fact: the Mummy Returns is STILL being shot in real time to this day

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

The scene where Imhotep misses his timing and runs in to scream NOOOOOO about five seconds too late.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/SmartHappygoluckyClumber.webm

he's just a theatrical dude

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Krispy Wafer posted:

"Ho ho ho...now I have, an erection."

Lmao

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Fast and Furious 14 will reveal all the movies are actually Pitch Black prequels.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

A number of animals were harmed in the making of this show

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Really weird too to try to force ( :rimshot: ) the hetro love interests onto Poe & Finn, just to have 2 female Resistance fighters kiss at the end when the battle was won.

It's like "Yeah, there are gay people in the Star Wars universe… BUT NOT THE MAIN HEROS!" Disney tried having it both ways ( :dadjoke: ) and we're rightly called out on it.

Its not weird at all, to a huge group of terrible people two women kissing is good and maybe even straight while two men kissing is an affront to god.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Yes.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Midichlorians are nano machines. Boom, that's easily three movies worth of plot. I prefer my payment in bitcoin, Disney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'll make you a deal

this happens, but only if it winds up with snake (any of them) fist fighting against the ghost of obi-wan kenobi (must be the alec guinness version)

Force ghosts fighting is basically canon already my friend.