Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
if I break ur wedding band you have to c u c k your spouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
lol didn't Walden spend a bunch of time going into town and sponging off his friends? no wonder it resonated

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
https://motherboard.vice.com/read/crowdfunded-coleco-chameleon-game-console-is-a-mess good recap of the retrovcs/coleco chameleon thing

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
if they pull that off that could be awesome but I feel like that's a big if

I also feel like it's kind of a bad thing for getting people to change, Lord knows I said things ten years ago that now me wants to punch past me for

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
it was not hard to understand at all

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

came here to post this

http://www.peachyprinter.com/

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

i don't trust anyone working on hardware who doesn't know the difference between silicon and silicone

The products not pleasant to look at but they have a great server rack

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Trig Discipline posted:

i still don't know what homestuck is and i consider that a sign that i have lived well

yeah I refuse to admit I've heard of terrible but massively popular franchises too

lol what's a call of duty anyway I don't even own a television :smug:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
game of thrones? well I refuse to highlight/right click/search Google and take 5sec to read the first result, so I'm just gonna assume it's a board game. no interested op as I have no friends

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

theflyingexecutive posted:

well thank god we have some people willing to defend a million words of autistic drivel. I was worried for a second that no one would step up

not defending it at all as it is poo poo, more mocking the kind of poster who thinks he sounds cool if he feigns ignorance of something commonplace

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Trig Discipline posted:

and i don't even know how you got that out of what i posted, i said nothing about not liking it because it's popular. i love tons of popular dumb poo poo, but i have literally never seen a single picture or read a single word about homestuck that didn't look absolutely loving terrible so unless you disagree with that i have no idea what you're so cranky about

how did you get "not liking it because it's popular" out of what I posted? I'm saying you're an idiot nerd on a comedy computermans forum full of idiot nerds and pretending you have never heard of a homestuck makes you sound dumb as gently caress. especially when you go on to talk about all the bits and pieces of it you've seen and can make quality judgements about. for the third time I am not defending homestuck I'm saying I don't believe there's any way in the past 10 years homestuck has been running you've never googled it and saw it was a webcomic and if you truly haven't maybe it says more about you than about me

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

GameCube posted:

a couple thousand bucks for some dumb freakin art. Do You Even STEM, Bitch? Lomarf

this but unironically

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165355717/lemmon-glass-cartoon-manga-australia/description

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

BobHoward posted:

because luke kenneth casson leighton, the guy who's been pushing various incarnations of eoma-68 for years, literally suffers from brain problems. some of them cause him to fervently believe that tablet/laptop computers built to accept his pcmcia arm cards are a thing the whole world will love (and are also the solution to e-waste, repair, obsolescence, etc etc)

i've been following this trainwreck since it first started getting hyped on slashdot ages ago and it just keeps failing harder. lkcl suffers from heavy doses of narcissism and paranoia, so he's super convinced his pet idea is a work of genius and whenever something bad happens it's a nefarious plot against him.

i'm really not kidding about legit mental issues. as tempting as it is to point and laugh, if you really search on this guy you will find out that he got his start in public breakdowns on the samba project. there are mailing list archives out there with examples of him literally and seriously citing cia operations as the reason he got booted from samba, because his plan to clone and generalize windows style rpc in an open sores project was too dangerous to capitalism/microsoft so the man had to shut him down

(the truth, so far as i could tell from the same list archives, is that he was incredibly egotistical, couldn't code worth a drat, kept checking in broken poo poo, and did not take the resulting criticism well at all)

eoma-68 is his attempt to rise to the superstardom he was denied in his samba days. this time he owns the project so nobody can boot him out, but at the same time he's never going to cooperate long term with anyone who can show him up by being competent at anything

here's someone who tried to partner with him to build computers that would accept eoma-68 cards, it didn't end well: http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2014-June/009873.html

This is amazing and I want to know more.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
Goddamn is that pokegirls the game?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
do you like cards against humanity but wish it had more memes in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UABSyUHpAQ

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
I... kind of feel like I need that in my life actually.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
there's certain people who legit benefit from having something to do with their hands when they need to think. my grades went up after I started knitting during class in college.

right now I have a 50 pack of colored pencils and one of those coloring books for grownups and a plastic tub of thumbtacks and a wrist rest that I stab with the thumbtacks and various sizes of binder clips to clip and unclip onto random other objects on my desk, my co-workers must think I'm like literally 6

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

why do the words "to shape our bodies" give me the willies

sounds like something a serial killer says when showing off his human taxidermy collection

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

http://kickended.com/projects/1422925625/ posted:

Steve Baker, aka Mr Escape, is a professional Escape Artist facing his greatest feat yet...recovering from Cancer and multiple Strokes.

This project will chronicle two events...his recovery and speedy return home (which also means "escaping" the wheelchair), but also saving a lifetime's worth of magic equipment and momentos. The equipment is in a storage locker in LA which they are at risk of losing along with it's contents. Family friends will be traveling to LA to rescue these treasures and return them to where they belong...with the Amazing Mr Escape!!

now im sad

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 4, 2016

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Agile Vector posted:

i am a proud :69snypa: that dont need no funding

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
https://mobile.twitter.com/internetofshit/status/817526694911229952?s=15

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

fishmech posted:

when one side of the dispute has no idea about local laws and the other side has a couple of lawyers who actually do, it's very hard for the clueless ones to win. even if they're completely in the right.

see also: us prison system

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

abraham linkedin posted:

it still owns that the guy who ruined his kids' christmas to donate to a hot dog man discovered that he was actually extremely racist and trans/homophobic

tbf they were adult kids so its not like santa didn't come that year

still dumb, but not dumb and terrible

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Cocoa Crispies posted:

isn't cabbage is one of those foods you can binge on without ill effects

maybe none for you, but the rest of the office will suffer your ill effects the next day

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

BobHoward posted:

if not actual heaters he's certainly done plenty of horribly dangerous shite. a day or two ago i watched his teardown of a cheap chinese aqaurium bubbler / led lamp someone sent him to dissect after it killed an entire tank of fish

chabuduo

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
piiiiiiisssss

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
idg how that's liberalism.txt tho

unless they're using the european definition

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

my goth gf posted:

because liberals want to suck silicon valley's dick

i dont :shrug:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
ok can y'all define your terms for me, thanks

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

paging DOWN JACKET FETISH

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

BobHoward posted:

lol @ anyone spending even $1 on fidgeting when retractable ballpoint pens are free from the office supply cabinet

I already hate you and lust for your death, pen-clicking trash

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

fishmech posted:

oh so he's mad about some throwaway line where they just made some numbers up, as opposed to the rest of the kickstarter where they just made some poo poo up. so he's an idiot, got it.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

when i was in school one of the other students was the son of some wealthy car dealer and when it came time for his thesis project, he built a solidworks model of the whole thing, sent the plans to a fabricator to have the pieces cut, took those parts to a welder to have them professionally assembled, and dropped it off at the powder-coater and went skiing for a week, while the rest of us were in the shops 18 hours a day. i think he spent like $4000 on it while most people's models probably cost a tenth of that, and the fit and finish was amazing. (the design itself was still just mediocre, ofc).
did he pass?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
that username tho :eyepop:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BBOWsWODX4

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
jfc you autists nobody is asking if the laws of physics changed to make it possible, they're asking what happened with the campaign

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

freaky ghost bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

oh wow, why has no one thought of this befo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/mlt/B01CQTK6GU/ref=psd_mlt_dp_click_B01CQTK6GU?showV2=0

• Locked thread