Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Miles O'Brian posted:

Incidentally, does anyone need a Dark Eldar battleforce? I've got one here, cellophane off but otherwise untouched, everything on sprue. Looking to offload it so I can pick up a couple of Immolators. :v:

I'm interested.[edited out]

Arbite fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So if radicals in Ordo Malleus use Daemonhosts, and radicals in Ordo Xenos use Jokaero, what do the radicals in Ordo Hereticus use?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Yes. Do it!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So, there's an invitational Apocalypse game coming up on Saturday and all I've got are Dark Eldar. Still, I'd like to try and knock out a titan if possible, and I was thinking the best way to do it would be to deep strike two Raiders behind it and have two squads of ten Wyches go haywire. Definitely a one way trip, but I'd like to give it a try.

Any suggestions on the particulars?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Right, but the trick is I need to get them into close combat for their grenades to work, do Titans have any tricks against that other than overwhelming ranged firepower? It looks like Warlord titans can's shoot at anything closer than 24" away, Reavers 18", and Emperor's 36" (though they can have 100 guys hidden in their legs), but there's nothing like that mentioned with the Warhound.

Also, do they get a free pivot move?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Could someone give me a formula for figuring the amount of hits likely with 10 shardcarbines (3 shots per, need a roll of 3) vs 10 splinter rifles and a splinter rack (rapid fire, need a roll of 3, re-roll misses)?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Shardcarbine: 3*2/3 = 2 hits on average
Splinter Rifle: 2*8/9 = 1.78 hits on average

Thank you very much.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

bhsman posted:

Buy Battlescribe. :arghfist::ssh:

Buy?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

numerrik posted:

Just a quick question because I can't find forgeworld book or BRB at the moment but Assault vehicles let you assault out of them, yes?

That's their gimmick, yes.

numerrik posted:

Also, I have a working list that I am buying towards since except for the Repressor and Avenger, most of it is standard anyways. Also, which do the goons think is better, the Hell Fire Missiles or Hell Fury bombs for the Avenger?

Third Street Sister Saints of The Order of Our Lady of Negotiable Virtue - Astronomi-Con list.

HQ
Saint Celestine 115

Troops
3x Battle Sisters 375
+3x Rhinos 105

Fast Attack
2x Seraphim 160
+4x Hand Flamers 80

Dominions 70
+2x Meltaguns 20
+Rhino 35

Heavy Support
Exorcist 135

Avenger Strike Fighter 150
+Hellfire or Hellfury 20

Retributors 65
+4x Heavy Bolters 20
+Repressor 50

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line 50
+Quad Gun 50

You probably want to fit Uriah Jacobus in there in order to get that faith re-roll, other than that it seems alright.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 19, 2012

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

AgentF posted:

Darklight weapons? Haywire wyches?

I forget what the new rules on slapping grenades onto a walker are, do you still need a six to hit?

Speaking of darklight weapons, I think I discovered the best DE titan killer:

code:
+++ Titan Killer (751pts) +++
Selections:

+ Formation + 

*Spinter Raid Force (100pts)

+ HQ + (440pts)

* Asdrubael Vect (440pts) 
The Dais of Destruction (200pts)

+ Elites + (211pts)

* Kabalite Trueborn (211pts) 
        * Dracon (5pts) 
            Blast Pistol
        * 9x Trueborn (206pts) 
            2x Blaster (30pts), 2x Dark Lance (50pts), 9x Haywire Grenades (18pts), 5x Splinter Rifle

You can deploy within less than twelve inches of the titan on your first movement phase, use 8 Strength 8 lance attacks with Preferred Enemy, and if all else fails you can to just grenade them.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Ultramega posted:

At 2k+ points you can double your max FoC slots and run say 4 archons or 4 haemonculi.

4 archons or 12 Haemonculi. :science:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Quick rules question:

If my DE Raider moves twelve inches, can the guys inside only snapfire?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

After killing two Stompas and a tank on turn one of my previous strategy, I've just come up with the new and improved apocalypse DE strategy, Titankillers 2.0.

quote:

+++ Titankillers 2.0 (1499pts) +++
+++ 1500pt Dark Eldar 5th Ed (2010) Roster (Apocalypse) +++

+ Apocalypse +

Splinter Raid Force

Selections:

+ HQ + (440pts)

* Asdrubael Vect (440pts)
(Ancient Nemesis, Fearless, Fleet, Independent Character, Master Tactician, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
Ghostplate Armour, Haywire Grenades, Obsidian orbs, Plasma Grenades, Sceptre of the Dark City, Shadowfield, Splinter Pistol, The Dais of Destruction (200pts)

+ Elites + (568pts)

* Kabalite Trueborn (333pts)
* Dracon (20pts)
* Pistol and Close Combat Weapon (15pts)
Blast Pistol (15pts), Close Combat Weapon
* Raider (95pts)
Dark Lance, Flickerfield (10pts), Grisly Trophies (5pts), Nightshield (10pts), Shock Prow (5pts), Torment Grenade Launcher (5pts)
* 9x Trueborn (218pts)
(Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
4x Blaster (60pts), 2x Dark Lance (50pts), 3x Splinter Rifle

* Kabalite Trueborn (235pts)
Dracon (5pts)
* 10x Trueborn (230pts)
4x Blaster (60pts), 2x Dark Lance (50pts), 2x Splinter Rifle

+ Troops + (235pts)

* Kabalite Warriors (235pts)
* Raider (80pts)
Dark Lance, Flickerfield (10pts), Nightshield (10pts)
* Sybarite (25pts)
* Pistol and Close Combat Weapon (15pts)
Blast Pistol (15pts), Close Combat Weapon
* 10x Warriors (130pts)
Blaster (15pts), Dark Lance (25pts), 8x Splinter Rifle

+ Fast Attack + (156pts)

* Reaver Jetbikes (156pts)
Close combat Weapon, Combat Drugs (Combat Drugs), 2x Heat Lance (24pts), 6x Jetbikes (132pts) (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Skilled Riders), Splinter pistol

So I now have 19 Darklights and 2 Heat Lances, turn one, wherever I want to put them.

Any other suggestions?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Who would the four main chapters have been at the time?

Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, Angels of Death?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I guess the final release will have the Emperor's stats?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Nephilm posted:

Also, I really want to look at Fulgrim's rules.

Same here.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

SRM posted:

Glad you enjoyed it! Be sure to follow my expert strategies and tactics like "let your command squads get eaten by trees" and "forget to use large portions of your army" and you'll do great!

I do love that they remembered to mention you can't take a cover save from the trees that are attacking you.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I don't suppose any of you are sitting on a spare Dark Eldar Webway Portal template/dome you want to sell are you?

According to the leaked list of upcoming releases (has that been debunked?), they should be releasing a new version some time in the near future.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So if I took every Necron model off the table by the first half of turn two, would the game end or would he get a chance to roll his deep strikes once it's his half?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Ojetor posted:

Also, don't use more than maybe one squad of Thousand Sons. They're bad.

:sigh: Well there's still hope for the HH book, right?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

SRM posted:

I've basically just been playing Dawn of War campaigns to scratch the itch :smith:

Man, Soulstorm could have been so cool.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Go nuts. It's the last time we're going to see the Dark Eldar or the SOB's in a videogame.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

AgentF posted:

How can I make my opponent adequately know that I got into Daemons before they were cool? :smug:

Metal figures and a homemade Scribes model.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Has anyone got the Crusade of Fire expansion? Is it any good? Do Dark Eldar get a bonus for the arena portions?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

They don't even toss in the book? Jesus...

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

All these Azrael blobs are making me think I should invest in Hellions. That could be pretty funny.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

e: Eldar gets another kick to the balls.

I love it. The only blue text in the whole update is there to kill one of their best remaining tricks.

Dark Eldar don't seem to have lost much of value.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Man, the turf-wars that place must have...

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I'll soon be doing a Planetfall mission as the attacker, playing as Dark Eldar. Anyone have advice with these sorts of games?

I'll be doing some combination of Raiders, Trueborn, Incubi and Reavers with Vect.

vvv The planetfall mission in the Planetstrike book, yeah vvv

Arbite fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 23, 2013

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Phyresis posted:

Is it, though? It looks like it's the size and format of a rulebook/supplement...

e: "It is a hardback novella and will be available from Games Workshop Hobby Centres, games-worshop.com and blacklibrary.com next month. It is about a troupe of Harlequins - including the Solitaire Motley from the Dark Eldar novels - performing at a dark eldar feast in order to ascertain the identity of a murderer."

Wait, Motley wasn't Cegorach incarnate? Huh.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Quick question, if I've moved my raider, do I have to snapfire a passenger's heavy lance or can I shoot as normal?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Just played a flyer game from Crusade of Fire. It... wasn't great. Is the Arena battle much better?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking as a self-published author :thumbsup:

I'd be more flattered for the attention of getting a C&D and use the publicity for other endeavors.

Also, my Space Marine Commander's on his way. I can't wait to have my Blood Raven dual wield thunder hammers.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

What exactly is a transfer sheet? Is it stickers, or what?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is there a compilation of all the apocalypse formations that GW has on their website? Things like the Bloodthirster Bloodbath. They seem to be scattered all over the site.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Phyresis posted:

In better news, my copy of Death from the Skies got delayed (which I don't really care about since all the relevant info has been disseminated) so GW gave me a $25 gift voucher, which reduces the cost of that piece of poo poo to effectively $8. Now I just have to decide what I'm getting.

Oh? Anything good for Dark Eldar? Or do they skip us in a section like burning skies did?

VVV Nope! Thanks anyway. VVV

Arbite fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 20, 2013

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

PeterWeller posted:

I figured we're guaranteed to eventually get them (along with all the other primarchs as the HH series progresses), but Betrayal has been out for months now. This is a really minor complaint, mind you, and it's mainly motivated by how great Angron looks.

Holy poo poo it is. That is GW editing.txt

Any indication of whether the next book is going to be more Istvaan or Prospero? I really want to be able to properly run Blood Ravens :getin:

VVV Darn. Ah well, at least it's moving at a good kick.VVV

Arbite fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 23, 2013

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

*Edit*

Nevermind, didn't read carefully enough.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Sardine Wit posted:

Is there any chance that GW will be running more global events ala Storm of Chaos and the 13th Black Crusade?

I remember playing in fantasy in storm of chaos years ago and it was the best. I know they always bring a lot of drama with them, but have GW made it clear they'll do more of them?

Anthony Reynolds is back in some capacity, so clearly anything's possible. Hell, if they see some money in something they'll go for it, whatever it is. They'd probably sell crack but the margins are lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

PeterWeller posted:

Hehe. I should have probably read the prominent disclaimer before displaying my righteous indignation.

Eh, you're hardly the first to trip in the race to be most progressive.

And yeah, worldwide events are a gigantic headache but also a decent source of publicity. I can see why they don't bother with them anymore but anything's possible.

• Locked thread