Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If DW7 appears on PC I will buy it. Probably multiple times just because.

Next to dream for WO3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Belzac posted:

I've never really played any of the Samurai Warriors games beyond the first one but none of them do anything with the Japanese-Korean war do they? I think that be a neat change of scenery. They could add Yi Sun-Sin as a character since he's a historical badass sea captain. It seems strange to have a historical war that most of the characters in the series fought in not be part of the game.

Maybe they just don't want to talk about the time they got their behinds handed to them by the Koreans.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Chortles posted:

... well, I have just been horrified to find that the yaoi fangirls aren't limited to Dynasty Warriors or even to English or Japanese speakers... apparently the Chinese fanbase for "slash" of the 2010 series is loving massive. :stare:

How anyone could spend more than... let's say six months or so on the internet, and still be surprised by this, I have no idea.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Belzac posted:

This is pretty much the main premise of the first WO game too (I never played 2/Z). Zhao Yun, Sun Ce, and Cao Pi fill in for the main heroes until the last mission of each faction. Only Nobunaga sits at the head of his own story.

But that's not really the B-Team, at least not in a cast like the Warriors games.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I love the Japanese voice they got for Nobunaga.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They could have another dude show up and do the same thing and have a few of the characters go 'This feels familiar'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Suben posted:

Haven't gotten around to playing Jin's story yet (it's the only one I have left) but I'm looking forward to that. It got especially ridiculous in Wu's story when Sun Shangxiang is basically ready to jump Liu Bei's bones as soon as he shows up and once they're married off basically seems to immediately hold far more loyalty to Shu/Liu Bei than the rest of her family.

This is actually pretty close to how she is in the novel, so I don't get the complaint here.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Man Law sure has risen from humble beginnings of a ten minute throw-it-in.

Edit: According to the katakana they're gonna do the Punk Hazard arc and not just throw them in as characters. Nice.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wish they'd release this stuff on PC.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Akainu, Aokiji and Kizaru (in flashy New World duds), and Monkey D. Garp are all playable in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2. Also there's some details about the Pirate's Log story line if you're interested.

I finished Pirate Warriors 1 the other day and I can't believe they shoved that boss fight in at the end. I went back immediately afterwards to get the trophy for doing Marineford properly and felt rewarded in that I didn't have to fight that boss for doing so. "Thank you for loving me" indeed.

Playable Garp. My day is a happy one.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Buggy, Crocodile, and Mihawk are playable in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2. Geez this is really making PW1 look like a really awful prototype game.

Where are you in the manga right now, by the way?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Bleusilences posted:

How is the 3ds SW? For some reason I prefer samurai warrior over any other warrior game( I think it's the castle thing since samurai warrior 2!).

Chronicles is pretty fun and frantic in a way I've yet to see other Warriors game match. Having 4 PCs on the field at once does that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

5er posted:

I stop caring about Shu at the point that Guan Yu's out of the picture.

Same except with Zhuge Liang.

... Which, admittedly, is a very long period.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Obviously time travel will be involved.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Why the hell isn't Warriors Orochi 3 on a system I own? I thought Koei liked shoving their poo poo all over the place.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Jibo posted:

Also the PSP. So I guess if all you have is a Wii, 3DS and/or a PC you don't get to play it or really just about any other Warriors game for that matter.

Pretty sure it's not on the PSP, because I'd have bought it if it was.

Edit: Ah, Japan exclusive. Of course.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Why are there so very many crossover Warriors series and yet none of the franchises I'm interested in get it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Hey, hey guys. Are you ready for another Dynasty Warriors revision? Get ready! This week's issue of Famitsu announces that Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate coming to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita sometime in the near future.

Just when you thought the Wii U version was definitive.

I wonder if it'll be streamed so I can pick it up on PS4 if/when I get that.

... I wonder if this will even be localized.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Sorry, looks like you'll be waiting for another game. The second character is Xu Shu

Will he be Shu or Wei, I wonder?

Also, I wonder what this new 'story' will entail. Sequel hook?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Should have been Cassandra instead.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

This just really indicates that lots of series would benefit from getting a Musou game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Are this and the Warriors Orochi 3 port going to come out in english?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like the Orochi system of weapon crafting.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Now to hope more Warriors games get localized.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

That Vita Dynasty Warriors game, yay or nay?

Nay. Touchscreen bullshit ruins it.

We should be getting some good Warriors games on Vita very soon. Only real issue is whether they get localized.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I just want those games to be localized.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

These games are coming out for Vita as well, right?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I just need Warriors Orochi 3 Vita too and I'll be happy as a clam.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So, just to get up to speed, what Musou games are confirmed to be coming over but have not yet actually come over?

And are there any still in localization limbo?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Just go the whole hog and add all the Type Moon properties. I'm sure they have enough vampires and ancient heroes and whatever to match a standard Musou roster by now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh yessss come to papa.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also if you try to be cheeky and play as the Commander they'll just assign that position to some scrub officer.

At least in the WO series.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RichterIX posted:

So the 3DS SW game is actually good? It kind of fell off my radar.

SW Chronicles is good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sindai posted:

In the best of all possible worlds, From Software does it with the same flare they did Metal Wolf Chaos. It then becomes the best-selling game of all time.

The problem is that the From Software dudes claimed the reason localization of Metal Wolf Chaos didn't happen is that they thought Americans would be offended.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Will DW8 Steam version have anything in the way of Costume DLC or unlockable?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The part where Cao Cao accidentally murders his extended family reads like something out of a dark comedy.

As does the part where he evades Lu Bu.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Speedball posted:

Well if they were bandits then why did the Romance glorify them? Robin Hood effect?

I'm pretty sure the author was commissioned.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

kissekatt posted:

All of those Ps and no C. :(

Give 'em time to see how DW8XL does.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Glory be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You know, in the novel Liu Bei held Lu Bu off solo for a bit.

Liu Bei.