Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Great!

Man, I am so happy that this thread has spawned yet another thread for a manga that was "discovered" and posted about. It just makes me pleased that it has done its work, it does. First it was "Assassination Classroom" and now "Hinamatsuri". Hooray!

I honestly think there should be some kind of rule that after a certain amount of discussion when it's clear there's enough interested people that someone should make a thread. It seems, for example, that there are enough people interested in Voynich Hotel and Seki-kun that they could have a thread no problem. Something like Sakamoto that's only a few chapters in could probably wait, though. I think it's pretty silly that at one point Hinamatsuri was dominating the discussion in three separate threads and didn't have one of its own.

It's the same principle as not talking about stuff past the third episode in the season thread. It just keeps things from getting to cluttered so people who are just looking for something new to read don't have to wade through pages of "look a new chapter" and discussion about old stuff they might now be interested in.

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, a similar thing was done for the Misc Shounen Thread too, where manga like Beelzebub and Tower of God eventually spawned their own threads.

Thing about Seki-kun, though, is that beyond "Haha, that chapter was great" there really isn't all that much to say about it. But well, if someone wants to make a thread, be my guest!

Well if the discussion isn't worth having in its own thread is it worth having here, though? I'm not saying it should or shouldn't have a thread it's just a little odd that so many things are tucked away in these megathreads. You bring up the shonen thread and I think that kind of illustrates my point. Say I discover some cool manga and want to discuss it, where do I go? If there are multiple big threads it could go in then you could wind up with a lot of duplicate discussion or people not knowing which thread is most appropriate. Hinamatsuri is a good example. Like I said at one point there was a lot of talk in this thread, the Convince someone in one image thread, and, I think, the seinen thread. I just thinks it works better if threads like these are more "here's a thing you might not heard of that you might enjoy" and discussion should be concentrated more to individual threads. Just like season threads are more first impressions and then anything else moves to its own thread. It doesn't ever hurt to make a new thread and in the worst case scenario it dies but even then would still probably draw at least a few peoples attention who don't read these threads.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think the real limiting factor for series getting their own threads is their English release schedule. Months going by with no update kills a thread pretty quick.

That's true but it's pretty much the nature of the beast that scanlators are unreliable. If a things being regularly updated and discussion is happening than that's fine. If that changes in the future than the thread quietly dies until activity starts again. That's fine too. There's plenty of stuff like Battle Angel Alita and Claymore that have monthly chapter releases and who knows when scanlators will get to it but they still support threads. I don't want to come off like I'm whining or anything it just seems weird to have everything crammed into these little nooks instead of out for everyone to more easily see.

More on topic: I'm surprised Nichijou hasn't been mentioned since it's pretty much the definition of surreal daily life.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Nichijou so fits, and I'm glad that you mentioned it. I think it works better as a manga because it's not as drawn out, and since you can read at your own pace, it doesn't feel like it has so many loooooong periods of silence like the anime often does.

Yeah I rewatched the anime recently and it's great but there are those weird 30 second bits of nothing scattered around each episode and a few of the bits are stretched out a little too much. I hope the manga keeps getting scanlated because I've looked through the latest raw volume and it's still top quality. I especially want to see people's reaction the the epic troll fight between Mai and Mio's big sister.

gnome7 posted:

On the topic of "things getting their own threads," I think Yes Cantaloupe was right on the money - a lot of the series shared here update infrequently or they've finished. As great as Sumire 16, Midori Days, or Angel Densetsu are, they're over, and there wouldn't be anything new to add to them if they had their own thread. Compilation threads like these are perfect for discussing them.
I agree for completed stuff. I just think things can get bogged down when it's just page after page of "a new chapter happened". I like this thread a lot. It's introduced me to some great manga. It's also gotten people to read some manga that I think should be more widely read and appreciated, like Angel Densetsu. I would just prefer if it didn't lose that focus too much and become dominated by the discussion of a few series.

quote:

As much as I love Voynich Hotel, the first volume of it apparently came out in 2006, and we're only getting the second volume now. Who even knows when the third would even be available? I certainly don't, and the scanlators haven't been all that on top of it, although I really hope the recent string of updates means there is a bunch in the wings. We'll have to see. Right now, though, we're not hurting anything by discussing it in this thread when it pops up.

Well it hurts in that not everybody keeps up with this thread so there are people who might enjoy it that never even find out it exists where with a new thread they might just check it out. Just like I'm sure there's some great stuff in the Shounen/Seinen threads but it's hard to sift out recommendations when the majority of the thread is discussion of manga that doesn't interest me.

Also there are threads on the second page that haven't had a post in weeks and going to the third page it's more like months. It takes a while for a thread to die here so even if there are some gaps it can still work out.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
I think Silva might fit in here. It's about a middle school student who is part of an evil organization out for world conquest. It reminds me a little bit of a more cartoonish Sunred in that the evil organization isn't particularly evil (or organized) and when heroes show up they're kinda jerks.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Rodyle posted:

He also does Centaur's Worries, which I suppose you could argue fits this thread too, but I can't say I'm a fan so I won't comment much on that.

Fairly sure Centaur's Worries was mentioned a bit earlier in the thread. I actually think it's a pretty imaginative manga that has the absolute worst first chapter a manga has ever had. It makes you think the whole thing is going to be creepy talk of centaur vaginas and dumb psuedo-lesbianism like that but it settles down a lot from that point on. I would recommend anyone wanting to try it just skip the first chapter entirely.

Also been meaning to read Ran And the Great World but haven't gotten past the first chapter yet.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Maybe it's a bit like Polar Bear's Cafe? As an aside, that show is a pretty surreal slice of life show as well, and I heard it was fairly entertaining. Has anyone in this thread seen it? Any opinions?

I don't know if I'd call it surreal, necessarily. I guess talking animals holding down jobs is a bit surreal but it's also a pretty common thing in cartoons and stuff so it doesn't really feel that way to me. The fact that a lot of animals work in a zoo is a bit odd, I guess. It is a super-chill comedy show, though. So if that sounds like the kind of thing you like it's definitely worth checking out a few episodes.

Also lamambo is the best ending song an anime ever had. Unfortunately I couldn't find a link to the actual ending just the song. It's probably around somewhere but I'm lazy.

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 29, 2013

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
This thread got me curious about Kumamiko so I decided to check it out. Apparently it's only been going since about May so that's probably why no one has ever heard about it. I don't think it has even had a volume released yet. I also found it's a real pain in the rear end to find raws for magazines that aren't the big ones everyone cares about. But man this manga can be the epitome of :3: when it wants to be.

I didn't read it all that closely yet but the main thrust of the plot seems to be the girl wants to go to high school in the big city because she's tired of living in the sticks. The bear, however, thinks she's too sheltered and naive so he comes up with goofy tests to prove to her she's not ready.

Also this cracks me up for some reason:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Aw geez! This looks like such a great manga. The style is so cute-looking and the premise sounds pretty good, from your description. I hope someone will pick it up eventually. What magazine does it run in?

It runs in Comic Flapper, the same as Seki-kun. There's only like four or five chapters at the moment and the magazine is monthly so it wouldn't be too hard for a scanlation group to catch up and stay caught up. It's just that no one is really aware of it because it just started.

That poo poo's adorable, though, so I made this avatar:

But I'm too poor cheap to get it so if someone else wants it go nuts. I'd recommend "Bear Hug!" for the text.

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 4, 2013

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
I went ahead and translated the first chapter of Kumamiko.

I'm not sure if dropbox is the best way to distribute it or if there are limitations on downloads from there or what. If someone knows a better way please let me know.

There are two caveats with this release:

First I'm not great with image editors. I did this chapter in Paint and I'm sure it shows. The quality is definitely not pro-grade.

Two my Japanese isn't exactly amazing so it's fairly likely there are one or two mistakes. And there's a few jokes I didn't really try to localize but just kind of explained in notes. I would appreciate any feedback anyone wants to offer and I hope people enjoy this because I've certainly enjoyed the couple of chapters I've read so far.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

The only comment I have regarding the translation is "definitely" is misspelled as "definately". Otherwise, good work!

Man I noticed that in my final look through but I wanted to get it uploaded before I went to bed :sweatdrop:

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Only spot that really stood out as awkward to me was Natsu's "ahh it's over" a few pages in. You and I both know that's in reference to their "work day" at the shrine, but even with the followup of "now I can take the rope off", I think that line could use some clarification/rewording.

Hmm I see what you mean. There probably is a clearer way to word it.

I put up the raw chapter Here if anyone's curious. Which also led me to notice that editing the text and resaving caused the file size to go up significantly. I don't know what the deal with that is. Like I said, bad with image editors.

Also here are the other (raw) chapters I've got as well:
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

I'm thinking of taking a crack at the second chapter. But it's a pretty text-heavy exposition dump so it might take awhile. And I'm a bit less confident in getting the translation right. The chapters after that are all more like the first, though.

Also if anyone has an account with upload privileges at any manga sites and wants to put it up for easier access or to share with other people I don't mind. I'd do it myself but :effort:. Consider yourselves all part of my super-cool and super-secret scanlation group.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Kumamiko Chapter 2

This is a... weird chapter. I did the best I could but I'm pretty sure this time there's at least a few mistakes. Also the file size is more reasonable this time. For some reason paint doubles the size of every file just by opening it and putting some text in. I just opened and immediately resaved in irnfanview and the filesize was back down to where it started out :iiam: (or rather paint is poo poo)
Chapter 3 is back to Natsu and Machi hanging out though. Here's a preview:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Talking Bear Friend Chapter 3!

This is probably my favorite chapter of the ones I've read. But sadly it's the halfway point for the available chapters.

Chapter 4 gets into some looney tunes territory of its own:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

HellCopter posted:

It's really great that you're translating this for us. Thanks for sharing this series.

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, I really want to reiterate this, because this is kind of the reason why I made this thread in the first place. It wasn't just to showcase my favorite genre of manga, it's also because a lot of these mangas are very obscure, and tend to get lost in the noise of "Generic Action Shounen", "Rapealicious Trashy Shoujo", "Moe Panty Harem", "4 Girls Doing Nothing", and the like. I like to see odd concepts and different art styles, and you're really doing a great service in bringing little gems like this to light. I love this manga, and I love you too. :)

I appreciate the words of support. When I posted the latest chapter I actually wondered to myself whether anyone was even reading them :)

I've been reading raw manga for awhile and probably the most frustrating thing is bumping into something cool and having no one to really tell about it. I made a big post in the convince someone to read a manga in one image thread with a bunch of untranslated stuff awhile back. And while that probably perturbed people it came from wanting people to acknowledge some of these neat series even if it was just the artwork. I've been kicking around the idea of translating stuff myself awhile and Kumamiko happened to be ideal in a lot ways. Having just started and having only a few chapters meant it wasn't a huge commitment if I didn't want to continue. I wouldn't want to start a big 100 volume epic series only to drop it once people get interested. And there's also the fact that this thread is fairly low-traffic so it feels more comfortable posting here than putting something up to the scrutiny of the wider internet.

And to be honest I've had fun translating this series. A problem I have reading manga is I tend to skim them. Partially this is self-defense just to make sure doesn't go off the deep end to creepy town (which has happened once or twice). But a lot of it is just laziness on my part. I tell myself I'll go back and figure out the parts I don't get and look up the words I don't know but I rarely actually do. Translating for other people forces me to really make the effort which is what I need if I want to get any better at reading Japanese. And I've also come to realize while working on this that it's been a long time since I had something to intently focus on mentally and it's something I've missed without even being aware of it. I tend to feel pretty good after finishing a chapter. So, basically, I don't want anyone to think that I'm putting myself out or anything from doing this.

As for Kumamiko obviously I wouldn't put any effort into it if I didn't think it was pretty good. I think that it's basically a single dad manga which, of course, is the best kind. Machi is growing up but Natsu tries to resist that while realizing he can't really stop it. And I think Machi herself is probably one of the most well-written 14-year-olds I've seen. She's surly, gloomy, and easily angered but you can still see bits and pieces of the little girl she was and maybe the adult she's becoming. As western manga fans we generally only get to see a series after it's gotten pretty well-established in Japan. So watching this series unfold chapter by chapter and seeing how it develops without being able to skip ten volumes ahead into untranslated stuff to see how it goes is kind of rare and exciting to me personally.

There are a couple of other series that I know of that would probably fit in this thread fairly well. I may take a stab at them once the last couple of Kumamiko chapters are done. One is a 4-koma with fairly short chapters so I might do a chapter or two of that and see what people think.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

What's "cattle rump"?

I have no idea. Sometimes I just shrug and go for the literal translation.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

Rump roast doesn't usually come in bottles, though, unless he just gave him a big bottle of beef broth.

Looking closer it's 牛後ティ- which does suggest it's some kind of (maybe beef flavored?) tea. Which should have occurred to me but didn't. If you look closely it looks like he's handing him two things so I assumed he was referring to the smaller thing and not the bottle of pretty obviously tea. I tried putting it in google and a couple of dictionaries but didn't have any luck.

Edit: if I had to guess now I'd say it's a (probably fake since it doesn't show up on google) brand name and would translate it Gyugo Tea. I might change it to that later.

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 13, 2013

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Cow Tea is most likely a reference to 午後ティー (gogo, or "afternoon" tea), an actual brand name. For those of you keeping score at home, there is all of a single stroke's difference between the two spellings. Or maybe you just need to clean your monitor :v:

Well that's the mystery solved, I guess. After who knows how many hours I was getting close to the end and was a few pixels off :( I can't even blame the quality of the scans. I just saw "cow" and didn't even really think about it or double check it. It's probably not the worst mistake I've made though it might be the silliest. That is a very common word I've seen many times before and should have recognized.

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 14, 2013

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Kumamiko Chapter 4
I also made some fixes to previous chapters. I'm not sure if the old links still work so here's updated ones: Chapter 1 Chapter 3

I made absolutely sure all instances of the word tea were properly translated this time. See? It's right there. Page 3. Barley tea. Of course, I still can't vouch for the accuracy of any other words. Also the first image is the cover of the magazine since it features Kumamiko and I thought some people might want to see it. There wasn't any place to put a translation so if you're wondering Machi is saying "I'm sick of the sticks".

As for the chapter itself this one begins Machi's epic quest to obtain the mystical Uniqlo HEATTECH (I'm pretty sure ALL CAPS is the correct way to write that)

Will chapter 5 be the shocking conclusion?

I know I said chapter 3 was my favorite but humor in this one grew on me a lot. Machi has absolutely no common sense at all.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Kumamiko Chapter 5

And that's it! That's all the chapters I've got. I only have up to September's issue so October's and maybe November's issues of the magazine it runs in are out, but I haven't seen them anywhere. If I find anymore chapters I'll see what I can do with them but that's all for now. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Maybe five or ten years from now when we're all watching the anime and it's a huge hit we can smugly post about how we liked it before it was cool :)

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

A new chapter of Girl Meets Bear was posted. Machi ends up with the reaction I wish more characters would end up after being subjected to such an ordeal!

Hey somebody is paying attention :)

Batoto has a (sensible) moderator queue for uploaded stuff so I can't just upload and post like I have been. Seems like people are reading and enjoying it so it's probably worthwhile. I still haven't been able to find magazine scans so chapter 6 was from the volume 1 release. That's also why the quality was a little bit worse. Unfortunately that was the only chapter in it I hadn't already done. So now the wait for volume 2 begins. I figure it'll be about May with a month or two lag for someone to actually scan it. If anybody scans it.

Also the latest chapter is up on kissmanga but seems to be all messed up. Lots of pages missing and stuff. I'm pretty shocked how quickly this propagated to all the other manga sites, actually.

I liked this chapter even if it was a little bit fanservicey. Although considering it was about dressing the main character up in various outfits it certainly could have been much worse.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

As a bit of critique, the last line "I am not you peoples' dress-up doll", is just the slightest bit unwieldy, although that's more because of English's wacky lack of a good 2nd person pronoun for groups of people. I'd have modified it to "I'm nobody's (no-one's) dress-up doll".

The problem is the pronoun she used actually was pretty direct and vaguely insulting in context. She is specifically saying "I'm thoroughly sick of your poo poo". Saying "I'm nobody's dress-up doll" would have felt a bit too passive, I think. I thought "you people" had the same kind of vaguely insulting feel to it but maybe not. Thinking about it now something like "I'm not you jerks' dress-up doll" might have been a bit better. I suppose that's why professionals have editors :eng101:

HellCopter posted:

Prime avatar material here, if I could be bothered.

Well the text doesn't show up well when avatar-sized. Assuming you wanted the text, of course, and not just embarrassed Yoshio or whatever. I took a quick stab at it:

If it was something like this and then the quote in the text part under the avatar that might work. I wasn't sure if blanking out the text bubbles or leaving them would be better so I tried both :downs:

Edit: cleaned it up a little

Also I'm pretty sure this one's still up for grabs:

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 7, 2013

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Couple of things:

First I know some people have been enjoying Kumamiko so I figured I'd give an update. You may have noticed the quality of the last chapter was a bit better than usual. That's because the friendly people at Overload Scans offered to help out with it. They prefer to work with volume scans rather than magazine scans for various reasons (not least of which is that the magazine scans for the latest chapters are pretty low quality). The upside to this is they plan to scan volume two themselves which should result in consistent high-quality (well, except for the translation :cheeky:)chapters going forward. The downside is that it will probably be sometime in the summer before that happens. However the current plan is to release chapters steadily to bridge the gap between volumes. So basically once releases start again they should hopefully keep on steadily from that point on.

Secondly, I've started working on a new project: Mikake no Nijuusei. It's a short, but complete, seven chapter series from the author of Dainana Joshikai Houkou, which has been brought up in this thread before. And like that manga MnN is equal parts comedy and weird science with just a bit of heartwarming on top. It's about a girl who gets duplicated by a mad scientist and the effects this has on her life(s). If you don't think it's quite surreal enough from the first chapter keep reading ;)

I intended to make a separate thread for it but it looks like the plan is for a new chapter every two weeks so I'm not sure if it's better to wait for a few chapters until there's more to discuss or not, since the first chapter isn't much to go on. But hopefully people here enjoy it in the meantime.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

like a story out of Calvin and Hobbes turned into a manga series (you know, the one with the Duplicator)!

I hadn't thought about it that way but I think you're right. The author seems to have a similar interest in goofy science with the occasional weird monster thrown in. Maybe that's why I like her stuff so much.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
So Silva had its last chapter released today. It's short but pretty sweet. Anyone who hasn't read it should take a bit of time to check it out. It's too bad it couldn't have gone on longer but it's nice that it got fully scanlated in the end.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Gahhhh! That translation!! It's a shame, I think the manga could be very enjoyable to read if it weren't for the Babelfish translation!

Babelfish? Pshaw, it's all about the Google translate these days. Speaking of sub-par translations here's Chapter 3 of Mikake no Nijuusei :toot:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Aw man, I wonder how this latest development will pan out?

I can pretty much guarantee that whatever you expect to happen is not what's going to happen.

I think this is the first chapter that starts to show off why I like this manga. If you look carefully in the early chapters you can see the original Ayako is left-handed at school and that they use opposite hands. It reminds me of a thing I read about how people prefer mirrored pictures of themselves to normal ones because that's how you normally see yourself. It helps to explain a bit why she takes it so well. And I also like the way the "fake" one is shown in silhouette at the end of the chapter.

Che Delilas posted:

No, I think DrSunshine was right. If they had used Google Translate I'm pretty sure it would have read a little more natural than it does.

I don't know. I've had occasion to use Google Translate lately and while the crowd-sourcing thing makes it good for picking up weird slangy words that aren't in regular dictionaries it still pretty much gives back gibberish if you try to put a sentence in it. At least in my experience. Maybe it works better on non-japanese languages, though.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Che Delilas posted:

Yeah, that's the joke I was trying trying to make using apparently too much subtlety.

Well, you can never be 100% sure on the internet. I just didn't want anyone to accidentally walk away with the impression that Google Translate was actually useful or anything.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Mikake no Nijuusei Chapter 4. The halfway point of the series. The plot maybe thickens a little :iiam:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Oh man! Where could she have gone?? I hope she didn't lose her duplicate forever. Their interactions were really heart-warming. :ohdear:

Well if you look closely there are some pretty big clues in the chapter.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Oh shoot. Voynich is pretty neat! I think Midori Days got more votes, overall, than Voynich, though Voynich scored higher on the rankings.

...I don't know how to score such polls! :(

Hell, let's make it a top six, then.

• Sumire
  • Seki-kun
  • Voynich
  • Centaur's Worries
  • Midori Days
  • Angel Densetsu

Agreed? If so, I'll get to updating the OP! :)

I don't think you should get too hung up on some specific number. The important thing is that people get introduced to cool manga. And I think just about everything recommended in the thread qualifies. If you think things might be too cluttered maybe only do full write-ups and images for the top five or so and a longer list of just text and a quick description for the rest.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

I just realized we haven't heard much about Kumamiko in a few months. Who's the guy that was translating that?

The next volume isn't out till the end of next month.

In the meantime, have this.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Here's something new: Tonari no Nanige-san.

It's a comedy 4koma about a mysterious girl who pops up to help people with utterly trivial everyday problems. The humor coming mainly from the extreme lengths she's willing to go to to help people with these trivial problems, and that her idea of "helping" isn't always the conventional one. The surreality is that despite seeming like an ordinary student, no one knows what her name is or what class she's in. Maybe she's a spooky ghost? :iiam: And she also seems to have a few weird superpowers like being able to teleport or read people's minds (to find out how they like their tea, of course).

I'm also taking bets on how many people click on that without reading closely thinking it's a link to a new Seki-kun :downs:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Nanige-San seems to lose a lot in this chapter!

It seemed like such a sweet and innocent manga, but not even Nanige is immune to the harsh pressures of the industry and is forced to do a panty shot. Ban this sick filth, I say!

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
New Nanige chapter up. Reforming delinquents just by existing.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Blhue posted:

For that matter, what ever happened to kumamiko?

It's not my fault, honest :ohdear:

The group who offered to help me out wanted to go back and redo the first chapters in a better quality before continuing on. I agreed thinking that it would be done pretty quickly, but obviously I was wrong. There's at least two or three more chapters I've translated but at this point your guess is as good as mine as to when they might get released.

To tide you over until whenever that is I grabbed this picture from an upcoming chapter:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

And you do scanlations? I don't like to pester folks who do that stuff normally, but one of my favorite series has been dropped by all the groups translating it, and if you give it a read and like it, if you could take a stab at it(or suggest it to a group you know of) it's the only series I ever ask people about completing, since only a quarter of it's been scanned, and it's a fantastic series.

I'll try try and check it out later. But I'm having trouble just getting people to do the stuff I'm already working on so to be honest I probably won't be able to do it. And it seems like while the raws were all uploaded at one point, getting a working link to them now is kind of tough. Good luck getting someone to do it though. I know it's rough when you get into a story and can't get to the ending. At least the end is actually out there, though, and it's not one of those series that got cancelled in the middle or something.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

I'm preeeeety sure you meant to say "Taunting Tornado Takagi" :colbert:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
'Sup thread? Been pretty quiet lately.

There should hopefully be a new Nanige chapter in the next few days. One that introduces a mysterious new character.

Look forward to it.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
As promised, New Nanige.

It's a good thing that girl didn't let Nanige help her out a third time :ohdear:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Here's a new Nanige. In this chapter it finally drops the pretense of being a comedy and embraces its true form as a battle manga :black101:

Actually its not a battle manga. It's a manga about delicious home-made pudding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

coathat posted:

It's fun and easy to obey the laws of God and man while supporting the hardworking creators and translators who make manga possible.

I don't know, I think it's pretty hard to be a manga fan without breaking at least a few of god's laws.

• Locked thread