Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

The finest Italian wedge design mated with a modern VTEC motor. Yes, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

This picture comes with sound.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

In a world where Lamborghini was better managed financially, the Bravo would've been the entry level Lambo of the 70's / 80's. I like it!

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

Need to start a service to go find rust free Phoenix cars and ship them to the rest belt for :10bux: * many. Pretty sure someone was doing this in NH as there was the same guy selling tons of old trucks that were rust free.

There's a whole industry around this, but for european buyers usually.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Immediately thought of this custom Visa for sale:

https://www.nettiauto.com/en/citroen/visa/12909124

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

T1g4h posted:

What is this, Financial Sanity? :colbert:

I know you're definitely right but goddamn, seeing an actual Turbo Daytona Z in the wild does things to my brain that make sense and logic go out the window. Especially when my current daily is a P71 that guzzles gas and my thought process goes "Well it's a 4 cylinder so you could daily it and save money while working on the cop car" :v:

You can get a mint Daytona or LeBaron with the Turbo II and manual for like less than $5K here in Finland, where they imported plenty of them for some reason. Corrosion and crumbly vacuum lines were the worst when I owned one.

There's a super rare version of the 2.2 liter with a Lotus DOHC head (Turbo III) that's the only collectable version I'd say.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Here's some Italian steel of varying quality from a small meet earlier today:

Fiat X 1/9:

Random Ferraris:

Fiat 124 Spider and a very 80's modded GTV:

Fiat Multipla:

Alfasud:

159 SW and Giulia Veloce:

A random GT:

Quattroporte:

Some vanity pics of the Tipo 916 GTV/Spider hangout, mine's the grey at the front:

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Arcella posted:

Y'all really hating on a grandpa car that was faster out of the factory than lamborghini's flagship Countach at the time.

Those black Regals are cool as hell, but I doubt they're faster than a quattrovalvole Countach (300 vs 455hp)

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The Countach does anything between 13.3 to 13.7 on the quarter and while I stated 13.5 for the GNX, it has been tested at 12.7 with may have been a press ringer.

Car and Driver did say it was faster -

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g15381950/fastest-cars-1980s/

Also the Italians were mostly using disney numbers and/ or undressed power where all the ancillaries are taken off and the engine is in an unrealistic form, the real hp was less. The GNX is resonably well known to be an understated power figure.

Edit : And this is where I wash my mouth out because the auto on the GNX is better for going fast. It keeps the turbo spooled and a more constant hit of go forward while the Countach has a pretty slow and clunky gearbox that hobbles its straight line. Italian manuals are bloody terrible if you try to force them. Now excuse me while I find a appropriate image to sixxer myself for saying that

The US spec fuel injected Countach was indeed a LOT more down in power compared to the carbed EU spec than the numbers would tell. Still insane how Buick was able to achieve true muscle car performance in the malaise era.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Last car meet for the year. This has to be the cleanest Trabant I've ever seen. Came with a matching trailer as well!

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Humphreys posted:

Hmm! Who woulda thought Citroen made something that looks fucken rad AF

Not really factory Citroen, but a shop that specialized in six-wheeler variants of the CX back in the day:

(image search "CX Tissier" or "Loadrunner")

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Ha, this is the only reason I knew about the Tyrrell P34 at age 10.

Of course I assumed it meant all race cars had 6 wheels.

We had an obscure 70's anime on VHS that had among other things an 8-wheeler and Niki Lauda in it:

Still intensely nostalgic for this, the different cars and the sounds they made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Hell, I'd be peeking too if someone parked some 70's distilled Bertone design outside my front door. RIP Marcello.