Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I love this film so much. It's just so loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That's pretty hot for a Peugeot...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The thing that annoys me about that article is the dude in the comments saying that configuration is becoming popular in the bicycle world. Mainly because it's really not. I work on a university campus which has 25,000 students and maybe 7500 bikes. How many of those are 2 wheeled at the front? One. I ride through the city daily and I've only ever seen that single monstrosity tootling about the place. We've got countless hipsters on fixies but only one of those piles of crap.

:colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Original English Akira dub:

"...ceramic double-rotor two wheel drive, man, it even has computer controlled anti-lock brakes, 12,000 RPMs..."

http://youtu.be/SP6vWDUfgpo

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Motronic posted:

Anime? Seriously?

Apologies. I forgot about that rule.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

doritos posted:

If you don't know anything about recumbents, don't run your mouth, thanks :)

I do though, I'm an ex bike mechanic of 15 years and there just aren't many of the tadpole/trike style being sold in the UK at all. Standard recumbents are far more common but they're still a real rarity to see.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

edit =! quote

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Herr FLSH posted:

(click for bigger)

What is this? It's beautiful.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Quantrill posted:

68 Chevelle

Thank you. :)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

From the Halloween thread in GBS:

Pubic Lair posted:

My brother had a junk parts El Camino and apparently hates his neighbors so last night he had me come over and we got his front yard ready for Halloween.

Pubic Lair posted:

He really wanted to do a burnout down the road and across his yard for skidmarks but it was raining the whole time we were getting everything together so he'll probably do that if it dries up.

Dude sounds AI to me...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

kastein posted:

Not sure where to put this, maybe the 4x4 thread but it's pretty goddamn awesome. Just the thought of trying to drive up this obstacle freaks me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDwBER_HBBA

goddamn :stare:

Wow. Would that rollcage even do anything if that were to fall backwards from that sort of height?? I've been in a Land Rover on one of those 'off road' courses and that was terrifying enough, I can't imagine the feeling of laying flat on your back looking at the sky in that thing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:fap: what is thissssssssssssssssss?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

joat mon posted:

66 Lincoln Continental

Thank you!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^^ I think that was done by the work experience lad on a fag break.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^^ Whoa that red one right at the bottom is awesome. Well aside from the spoiler.

I randomly came across this rod build a few minutes ago and it is beautiful. The time and effort gone into it is huge, this is a piece of rolling art for real.

http://youtu.be/IqaSSmx2o38

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 28, 2012

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

This is what they call a lead sled, and they are awesome.

I'd never heard that term before. Thank you.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

They should have called it the Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

This is the first thing that came to my mind too. It needs to be done.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

You Am I posted:

What, you mean like this? :q:

And this...

http://youtu.be/OOOOHX9DnOg

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Dude who made it says it costs as much as a 3 series BMW. Ah how the other half live eh?

:(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Daveh posted:

My favourite button is the Jenson button.

I'm glad someone else noticed that. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Jork Juggler posted:

Some poor bastard is driving a 25+ year old Italian car through the winter on the Dakota prairie. Has a block heater and everything.

I see gas caps are still hard to find for old Fiats in the Upper Midwest. My dad owned a 128 Sport back in the mid 80s, and someone stole his gas cap. It took him 6 months to find a new one.

Wow my parents had one of those here in the UK when I was about 3. That was 28 years ago. I'm amazed that thing still runs.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

parrhesia posted:

Now have some Renault R4s.

quote:

The Renault 4 was originally powered by a 20 hp (15 kW) engine and its suspension was never intended for sporting dynamics, so it should have been no surprise that it came last in the 1962 Monte-Carlo Rally.

A Renault 4 Sinpar (the four-wheel drive version) was entered in the Paris-Dakar Rally in 1979 and 1980 by Bernard and Claude Marreau, coming fifth in 1979 and in third in 1980.

Standard Renault 4s has taken part in a drag race at Santa Pod Raceway, Northamptonshire since 2004, and covered the quarter mile in 21.438 seconds with a terminal speed of 59.14 mph.

I want one! <3

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

*edit: Also can someone tell me what this old beast is please? Thanks!

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 18, 2013

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Thank you!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

glyph posted:

It says LTD on the hood...

This monitor's crap, I thought it said GTO. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I never even knew this thing existed, a lightweight E-type?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cakefool posted:

It's legal to drive in that condition right?

It looks future as all gently caress with just the lights on the back and the engine hanging out... If I had the cash to buy one I'd willingly pay the fines just to drive it about looking like that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

From the door back looks awesome to me, not too keen on the nose but then that could be the iffy scan.

This just makes me want to go play Ridge Racer again with a dynamic drift car. Soldat Raggio all day.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

davebo posted:

I don't know, is this any better?

It is indeed, utterly mental looking. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I like that Ferrari but then I noticed the odd little centre lip which is red and then for some reason black. Bit peculiar... Very dirty photoshop. Considering the little uprights red too.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

sean10mm posted:

What a crazy car that was. It had a straight-8 engine, an air brake and a body made of magnesium alloy. Unfortunately that meant the body itself was flammable, contributing to the worst accident in motorsport history.

quote:

Its fallout also led to many car manufacturers pulling out of motorsport (including Mercedes), and even the temporary outlawing of circuit racing in several countries. Switzerland banned competitions in which cars race one another (but hillclimbs were still allowed), a ban which was only lifted in June 2007.

Wow. I never knew racing was ever banned in Switzerland.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

In the lovely film version. The cartoon had rocket thrusters. :colbert:

Hold up just a second, Speed Racer is loving GLORIOUS... If you weren't cheering for Speed in the final race then you inner child is well and truly dead. :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I love these rims.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

So what's the story behind this little beast anyway? There's no plates on it at all and it's a LHD in HK which is a no-no is it not??

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 4, 2013

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

Makes sense, isn't Inspector Gadget a French cartoon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQGcq1-ZKgI

Gadget is one of those weird French/Japanese combo cartoons like Ulysses 31...

Personally I always thought the Gadgetmobile resembled one of these:

P-Type Supra

Also you have no idea how many of those blue cars I drew from Pole Position, it's also where I gained my love for that particular Mustang. :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Is the plate on this legit?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm sure somebody posted these horrible rims before but man they look pretty sweet in profile.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

McTinkerson posted:

Technically this could also go in the RADL thread, but it suits the spirit of this one better

I come to this forum to look at pretty cars, someone explain to a mechanical retard what's going on here. I'm seeing a rotary with a massive loving supercharger bolted onto it. How does that even work??

For content, something that I want very dearly:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Awesome, thank you! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Instagram video link, this car is so beat up it's actually the coolest thing I've ever seen. Can anyone tell me what it is because I'm pretty sure I've found my dream car...?

http://instagram.com/p/a15kxeRxuB/?igref=ogexp