Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

It's hard to make out from the picture, but the license plate border thingy is covered entirely with Sunoco stickers.

I don't even know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

That's be cool, I'd like to see what people have. All I have are these two on my desk:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I suppose this is auto-related enough to post here. They paved the parking lot here the other day and... someone didn't get the memo.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Sounds about right. This was in New Paltz.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

VikingSkull posted:

That totally figures, haha. Man I haven't been to New Paltz in years even though I'm like 20 minutes away. That car should totally be parked outside of Joe's on a Friday night.

I wish I could find my old posts in here. There was a VW done up in dazzle paint a while ago.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

EightBit posted:

Saturns also had the window controls on the center console. As lovely as PT Cruisers are, they didn't start that bullshit.

Started with the late 80's Grand Prix and Beretta, I believe.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Geirskogul posted:

Every car had center power window switches.

... and that's how we liked it, dammit.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

There's a random mound here at the edge of this parking lot, and there's usually somebody parked on it like this.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

There, I fixed it

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

Once I saw a cop had a lady pulled over, and was standing there as she cleaned off her SUV. Only once I saw this.

A friend of mine had his windshield and sunroof smashed by an airborne piece of ice that came off the back of an SUV, but even before that, I've always had a severe hatred for anyone who takes to the road with only a little tank commander window of visibility and a couple hundred pounds of unsecured debris covering their vehicle. Thankfully, the cops here feel the same way, and *LOVE* grab anybody piloting an igloo towards the main highway.

If I see someone about to pull out of a parking lot with a ton of snow on their car, I'll offer them my snow brush and say "You missed a spot". Most people will take the five minutes to clean their poo poo off, but some people have this "I didn't make this snow, it's not my problem" mentality and just refuse. Suppose I could be "that guy" and start Snow Shaming the local tank commanders in a facebook page or something.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

"About 91% of visitors are on Windows. Mac users make up 5% and Linux is 2%. The other 2% are permabanned IRC trolls browsing the forums with a text-based browser written in Ruby on OpenBSD. Oh yeah, we have one guy using WebTV but I banned him because WTF." -- Radium

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

In my head, this sounds like the Wheel of Fortune wheel as the driver comes up to a red light.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

88h88 posted:

CX9 racecar

"Why don't you put your talk where your mouth is!"

"I showed under my hood!"
"It's a dirty V6 Mazda motor"

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

It's just a little dented, it still works... it still works

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Any idea what I'm looking at here? I'm not sure if it's a *thing* or just massive frame damage.
edit: or both

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Powershift posted:

He has a dump box installed. The filler neck is attached to the frame of the truck and no longer to the box so he has to lift the box to fuel it up

ahh... well I'll be. Thanks.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Michael Scott posted:

I am comfortable talking about money, I just know that I am bad with negotiations..

The way my wheeling and dealing uncle explained it to me made sense. He said that you've got to disconnect the price from the person, because that's what you're negotiating. Two experienced negotiators can go back and forth in what seems like an argument to most folks, but they're just trying to come to an agreement about the value of the item.

I've given up on selling stuff on CL because too many people know that if they waste enough of your time, you feel like you might as well just take the deal. I had a guy drive 3 hours to buy a guitar off of me, only to show up with $100 less than we agreed on. Guy threw a fit that I wouldn't accept his generous offer and proceeded to send me harassing emails for weeks afterwards.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Is that... a BodyKnit?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Motronic posted:

My area of PA has gone to brining. Now you have a bunch of quarry wet down trucks driving around spraying car cancer all over the place if the forecast predicts precipitation anywhere close to or below freezing.

It doesn't seem to help at all.

Is that what I'm seeing when instead of salt, they're laying down a bunch of stripes of something liquid? Maybe it's not as effective in deep ice or super-cold temperatures, but it seems to help keep accumulation off the roads.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

This may be in "loops back around to awesome" territory... I'm kind of torn.

The back was full of empty beer bottles, and there was a socket set on the passenger seat.

Kingston, NY

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Residents of central NJ already know her, but for the uninitiated, here's one of our local treasures, Miss Superbowl/World Series/America/etc, Sondra Fortunado

There's crazy, and then there's "signs all over their car" crazy

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Snowdens Secret posted:

That must've changed, because they were certainly required when they came out, and it was specifically for revenue generation.

http://jalopnik.com/5402191/new-empire-gold-new-york-license-plates-a-car-owner-shakedown

E: yep, a last-minute change made them optional instead of mandatory. Which tosses all the reasons for issuing them.

People were *furious* about them. I get that they're a throwback to the 60s (and 70's and 80's) plates but with the modern reflective material, it looked like someone cut up a road sign. I think they were mandatory for like 2 months, then were made optional. I actually went with them when my car was due because I liked the way they looked on my white cr-v, but you really don't see them all that much anymore except on police vehicles.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

bandman posted:

This is why (generally) these type of companies have good, well-documented safety procedures and they don't put up with morons or tough-guy/cowboy bullshit.

Interesting post, thanks for the insight. I've always been curious about the typical jobsite attitude where the workers seem to know and follow all of the safety restrictions, even if mocking the rules and following them sarcastically. You don't want to be paint a target on your back or be the guy who costs your company a bid down the line.

My father is a retired union electrician, and I know one of things he definitely doesn't miss is standing around not doing work because the safety regulations stated that he needed so-and-so many other team members and representatives around just for him to climb a ladder and push a button.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

That looks like brand logo'd shipping tape, like what Amazon seals their packages with.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Any idea what this is?

edit: Apparently a Snyder ST600-C. Glad it has a roof rack, because what a three-wheeled car really needs is a higher center of gravity

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 28, 2014

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I'm always a fan of spitejobs like this

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I see the worst stuff in Lowes parking lots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom