Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Pulled into the parking lot at work today, and was greeted by this sexy beast.

Close up of the awesome wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wrong thread

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My old office campus was an arboretum, and jam packed with squirrels. They ate the wiring harness on my 4Runner once and got my work van three separate times over a 6-year span. I park as far away from trees as I can get at my new office.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Was either this or the snow blower

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

honda whisperer posted:

Let's make the LC weird again.

:yeah:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Manual trans is more of an anti-valet device these days. I don't hit a lot of spots with valet parking, but I'm 1 for 4 so far.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I think this belongs here

Thanks, I hate it!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

joat mon posted:

Terrible all the way down.
I don't even know how one could wrap it back around to awesome

Sacrificing it to Robosaurus is the only path to redemption

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Uthor posted:

I put my summers on last week when it was hitting the 80's.

Snow fell two days later.

Same here, but I decided to wait. Was 90 a few days last week, and we have a chance of snow this weekend. Probably going to wait until first week of May to be safe.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

This one might wrap back around to awesome.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

100%....of what?

100% pure cockroach

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

Oh Lordy id forgotten about the Fiero one

this fucks, wrong thread

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

But back to terrible cat stuff

How dare you

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That went much better than expected!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Still dilutes the brand. No one thinks "spots car" when someone says "Porsche" now, except old people.
Think about it. When SUVs "fly out the door", that's what the company is now known for.

I don't for a second believe anyone on this planet thinks of an SUV instead of a 911 when you mention the name Porsche, regardless of age.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Darchangel posted:

You just keep thinking that.

I mean, back at ya. You're the one trying to claim an insane point here.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wrong thread on this one too

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wrong thread, and taking the pic in front of Aldi is the cherry on top.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I dunno man, apparently a lot of people are asking for public transport and you load up this waste of money?

A research department at my work place is deep into wireless charging of cars and even they haven't bothered with this.

https://twitter.com/CityofDetroit/status/1730045237353964030?t=YYLWU5MSo7caxmkBZCdqcA&s=19

Worked out pretty great in F-Zero :shrug:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Right thread. I actually like the seats and dash, but the carpet looks like they skinned a muppet with a venereal disease.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Canadians aren't capable of leaving a message with that much heat.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

bigbillystyle posted:

I had a '97 SHO and near the end of it's life the entire radio/climate control electronics just like poo poo the bed. Couldn't regulate volume or temperature or fan speed. It was permanently stuck on high fan and 75F for temp. I ripped the whole thing out and just laid an aftermarket deck in the hole and called it good. Didn't last much longer after that unfortunately.

I did really like that car while everything worked properly though. Bought it off ebay in the mid 2000's for $1500 bucks from a lady and her husband who were SHO enthusiasts. They were people who would buy 2, one with a good interior or body or something but bad engine/transmission and swap a good engine/trans into it from a SHO with good mechanical stuff but a messed up body/interior. You get the idea. They had SHO parts and cars everywhere in various degrees of disassembly.

Did the SHO have the same 2.5L V6 as the Contour? I had a 97 Contour SE with that 2.5 and a stick shift in bright blue metallic and I really loved that car. It got t-boned and totaled in the early 2000s before anything really had a chance to poo poo the bed on it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That Works posted:

I think the 1970 looks the best on that lineup tbh.

easily

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

right thread

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Uthor posted:

Recently I noticed that my left leg is pushing against the floor in my automatic when I'm slowing down. Four years since I drove a manual, my body is still acting like I am.

I panicked the first time I drove an automatic after years of manuals the first time I went to take a corner and couldn't find the clutch or shifter.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

opengl posted:

I made some decent money doing that like 15 years ago. I think was identifying album covers or something?

I remember it being pretty huge on the forums for a while, was often the first suggestion when anyone posted about needing money.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Spotted this on Jalopnik earlier today, a Dodge Super8 Hemi concept from 2001. It looks like elements of 6 different cars smashed together, and the proportions on everything are so far off it's become unsettling. I hate almost* everything about it.

*suicide doors are always worth 1 cool point

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Why the gently caress did they cut the video before it tries to go underneath the traffic light? Weak