Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
Could you blue it and then clear over it? I don't see why not but I'm not sure how well clear would stick...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
Hey, if the house blew away, collect the insurance and sell the lot to get even more money. Loads of people did it up in Northwest OKC when it blew away and made off like bandits.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

How many people with -real- handicaps are able to ride a motorcycle, then put a tarp over it after they get to their arrival?

People like my 80 year-old grandfather. :colbert:

Although he rides one of these:

...in purple. :gay:

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

Crankit posted:

Hey guys check out this wiki designed car.

I'll let you ride first.

Does this thing seriously have three inches of ground clearance? It wouldn't even go down the lovely roads here in Oklahoma.

With all the money they spend on that aluminium square tubing you'd think they'd just build a proper chassis.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

Powershift posted:

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter, most caprices out there will likely be the 3.6 V6, the same as the last gen impala. I don't think i've seen a single hemi charger police car, they've all been v6s.

More terrible stuff:

I know lambo doors are overdone and terrible, but I actually really like this. Everything looks pretty well done, with the exception of the VatoZone fog LEDs under the front bumper. I'm also glad it isn't matte. I'd also tint the windows darker.

As long as it's as fast as it looks like it should be, I think it's in the wrong thread.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

At least it wasn't positioned to come back and neatly decapitate everyone in the front seat like the hood is.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

There are no tetris skills involved in stacking 4 flat pieces of map.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

Devyl posted:

Pre-crash:

Still belongs in this thread with those wheels.

Stretched Tires. Not even Once. Let's talk about reduced contact patches and how they affect traction. Looks like there's room for at least an inch more tread width on each (awesome red) wheel.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

Fucknag posted:

No dude don't you see it's a way to have the same contact patch as stock but still have maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad rims.

Or you could put fat, sticky tires on it and not drive your car into a loving ditch. v:v:v

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

I'm going to go ahead and be the guy that says it's okay to do that with a nice car at the rear end end of the (almost empty) parking lot, and double parking is one of the things that irrationally infuriates me the most.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

My usual response to "I'm don't wear seatbelts." is "You do if you're going to ride in my car."

That said, everyone I hang out with these days wears them anyway.

edit: Buckle up your beer, if you have to make an emergency stop it'll fall on the floor and get all foamy!

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

That depends on what image comes to mind when you hear the words "Galaxy Warrior."

(That body kit is ugly as sin.)

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

When I worked at an unnamed auto retailer with an orange sign that wasn't Advance, at least once a week we would have people come in and buy those little round bubble stick-on mirrors to replace the broken/lost glass from their wing mirrors.

It was almost enough to make me wish I lived in a state with vehicle inspections.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

I'm not exactly a VW guy, but aren't the rear wheels on this cambered that way because of the way the rear axle is designed? A swing axle or whatever?

If the guy were all about "stance" wouldn't the front wheels be equally cambered?

Don't get me wrong, with the lovely roof rack and douchebag stickers the guy is clearly a twatwaffle, but not because he drives a slammed bug.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

The best part about that Lexus is that at some point some designer put his pen down on the table and said "Yeah. That looks awesome. People will definitely want to buy it!"

The same goes for that pink piece of garbage above, but replace "designer" with "custom car builder"

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

xzzy posted:

The ugly doesn't even stop with that grille, if you look at the other angles it's hideous all over. The taillight sculpting even extends to the gas cap, creating a random seam in the plastic.. it just seems like bad ideas on top of bad ideas.

I really can't find anything positive to say about anything on that car. I guess putting an LCD screen in the overhead center console is a cool gimmick?

Oh god i didn't even look at the other images. What the hell kind of meth was that design team on? It seriously doesn't look good from any angle. Even the interior looks like something a 17 year-old would slap together just so he could say he had a custom interior.

I should use it in a presentation on ethics of engineering, something about crimes against humanity.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

bennyfactor posted:

A friend tweeted a photo of this monstrosity. The coachwork is so abysmal I'd be mortified to be seen in such a thing assuming I weren't already dead.

I wouldn't be caught dead in that loving ugly thing.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

How do you feel about a partial debadging? I'm thinking of taking off every emblem other than the Mazda "M"s and the "M-Edition"s on my miata. Or maybe only keeping the "M-Edition"s.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

Check your local laws, but in some places construction companies are liable for damage caused by debris in active lanes of traffic, they (or possibly the property owner) might be required to reimburse you for the tire.

I didn't take any pictures but I have a terrible car stuff story:

I was driving a company van for work at about 70mph down a mostly level rural two-lane highway when my right-rear tire blew out. It was my first ever blowout, I knew it wouldn't be like the movies where the van exploded then flipped into a ditch, but was surprised at just how unstable it became. I pulled over, out of the lane but still on the pavement, emergency flashers on, and began the tire-changing process with the lovely factory scissor jack at the recommended jacking point. I checked! I emphasize that because right as I was putting the new wheel on the lug studs, an 18-wheeler went by close enough and fast enough that the loving van fell off the jack.

Yes, the brake was set. I don't know if it works, but it was set.

Fortunately the wheel stuck on one of the lugs when it fell and got cocked sideways, so all I had to do was lower the jack a bit and finish putting the tire on, but watching that van lurch while I was lining up a wheel was definitely at least terrifying car stuff.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

The next exit was about 10 miles away and the tire was a shredded wreck by the time I got stopped. I will proudly state that the right edge of the tires were less than two inches from the edge of the asphalt. The left side was two feet to the right of the yellow line.

In the future my plan is to call AAA and let them change it for me, or tow the van to a tire shop and call the office. I'm paid hourly anyway. :v:

It was doubly annoying because it happened on Friday, not even a week after the Sunday I spent 30 minutes (I was told it would be an hour) on the side of the road waiting for a surprisingly quick and friendly tow truck driver to tow my miata home with a broken timing belt.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

That's true, and I've experienced that shockwave both on motorcycles and in the miata with the top down. I just never thought it would be strong enough to push a van off of a jack, even a lovely scissor jack. I guess the van just had enough surface area for the wave to move it.

It also reminded me of the first time I ever used a scissor jack, which managed to raise the tire exactly zero inches off the pavement before collapsing into a heap of twisted garbage. Which is why I was careful to be as clear of the vehicle as possible while changing the tire. It was still terrifying.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

I'd never had roadside assistance before about four months ago when my grandma got it for me for my birthday. I would have used it for the van tire change but I had plans later that night and didn't want to spend all night waiting for some guy to drive out into the middle of loving nowhere to change a tire when I could do it myself in fifteen minutes.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

I'm very anti-vandalism in general, cars especially, but threatening to crush someone's skull with a bat is also pretty much never okay.

That isn't to say I wouldn't be tempted if I was holding one and caught someone in the act.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

I say paddles on everything. Even if you only use them to tick between PRND it's more fun than a knob and less intrusive than any sort of lever and easier to use than a touchscreen or buttons.

edit: This is terrible car stuff because paddles are terrible.

Tactical Bonnet fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 20, 2014

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

This car?

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

That engine noise combined with that weird pulsing tire screech is the most futuristic sound I've ever heard any car make and I love every second of it.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

:10bux: says he jumps in over the door "like a fighter pilot."

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

Aside from the side skirts and front turn signals, I don't see anything terribly offensive about it. :shrug:

It's not a color I'd personally own (I really don't like red), and I don't really do the "sleepy lights" thing personally, but the wheels/tires fit perfectly. The rest of the body kit (outside of the side skirts) isn't bad, and it's not stanced.

I think the sleepy lights thing looks sort of cool but there's something about a NA going all out with the barn doors all the way open that makes it look like a retarded animal trying to catch a toy. Wide-eyed with it's mouth slightly open like a stupid dog who loves to play fetch when it sees you about to throw the ball.

"I'M GONNA GET IT OH MAN THIS IS AWESOME I'M GONNA GET IT THROW IT THROW IT THROW IT *zoom (zoom)*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

Gotta keep traction with the front wheels I you want to beat that Ferrari for the first fifteen feet!