Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

uncleKitchener posted:

:siren:New Mila ctuscene and gameplay:siren:

http://youtu.be/baa__hDoLcU

She plays very similar to VF Brad Burns and possibly inherited Leon's Catch throws.

Pai Chan is confirmed to be in the game since she's in the copyright info along with Saraha and Akira.

Mila looks pretty awesome actually. English VAs weren't as terrible as I'd expect too, that's nice. I hope we get more VF fighters as DLC, I would love to see Vanessa in, just so I can repeatedly say "WELLLLL" to every ninja character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

uncleKitchener posted:

So, apparently someone has found an infinite in this game. Not sure if this is in fact an Infinite or not since I don't have the game yet.

http://youtu.be/SS4Msf-Z05o

Yeah I tried it, it works. I was wondering why I could do two ground hits before anyways, I didn't really think to go for it again. And again. And again. And again.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Samurai Sanders posted:

Were the swimsuits a preorder bonus or somewhere? I got it digitally and don't think I got any swimsuits.

Yeah, GameStop had some for Kasumi, Lei Fang and Hitomi. Amazon had them for Christie, Tina and Ayane. Come to think of it, I haven't even used that code yet.

thatdog posted:

Does DoA5 have any Aerosmith music? This is important.

Nope. My biggest disappointment with the game.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

DOA5U was played at the Fall Classic tournament over the weekend, and someone tallied up the character usage.

so Ein, Ayane, Hayate, Jann Lee, Lei Fang, Lisa, Eliot, and Pai were unused. Kind of surprised by that.

They not including teams? I could have sworn I saw Jann Lee up there during teams.

Talking with some of the players was fun, mainly the face of semi-disgust when they find out I'm trying to learn 5U with Rachel. Some of them are pretty cool to talk to though.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

poo poo you were there? What was all this about then with Chosen1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y7rZlkFyN0

The DoA community is pretty small and knows each other pretty well since most of the same crew shows up for each major. They were popping off non-stop during pools and finals to the point where the staff told them to turn it down a notch haha. Running pools for them (at Final Round 2013) was a blast though and easily my favorite tournament experience, I got to learn a lot.

Neo Helbeast posted:

If I see him tonight I'll ask him, if I had to guess SweetRevenge talked some mad poo poo at chosen 1.

Pretty much. SweetRevenge's Gen Fu was tearing people up. I think I'm actually standing to the right of the camera when this was filmed now that I think about it, since it was right next to Sp00ky's set up.

Dj Meow Mix fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 19, 2013

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

General Morden posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIZok4tluu4#t=80

Looks like Megaman cursed this game as well.

Haha, looks like Ayane's just doing sumo slaps into the heavens.

Come to think of it, that's a niche TN hasn't hit yet. I need a girl who fights like Taka-Arashi.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

uncleKitchener posted:

Personally, I've been distancing myself from idiots/pubbies in general and ignoring anyone who posts something stupid. I had both CyberEvil and Brute on my ignore list before they were made mods.

Holy poo poo they're mods now? That's hilarious, kinda glad I stopped posting there. Matt is pretty cool though I hope he's at TFC this year.

Trykt are you going to be at TFC next week? I want to play 3d fighters with you again even though I am horrible at them 100%, just to learn more of the theory.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Trykt posted:

Yep I won't be really entering any games but I'll be around to play lots of stuff in the arcade/byoc room and cheer on my Raleigh bros!

I won't be running Divekick this year or anything so I'll probably be hanging around there as well when I'm not running for bracket volunteers/cheering on Charlotte folks. You'll have to teach me some more VF stuff.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Apparently multiplayer is just kinda broke at the moment. Folks that are getting matches are lagging pretty badly? I don't play online so I don't know first hand.

I want to congratulate TN for making a character who I cannot stand in any language, gently caress you Honoka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Raidou has an EWGF which is pretty funny. I haven't messed around much but that got a chuckle. I never really bought Ultimate's DLC characters so this is nice to fool around with.

Still think I like Rachel the most overall, apparently all she got was damage buffs?

• Locked thread