Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ignite Memories posted:

My only problem with that scene is that there should probably be some sort of visible tears in his clothing.

Unstable Molecules Jeans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Nope! 16 has come out before 15.

I hope next issue is 17 and then we get 15.NOW-INH#1

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

The Chinese invented fireworks.

noooooooooooooooooooo :saddowns:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Elfface posted:

... they have Joker's face framed on the wall.

That is nothing in Teen Titans GO!, here's a look at the batcave

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He flies into space, takes pictures of Planet Symbiote, nukes it and flies back to earth to prove, once and for all, that Spider-man is a menace that almost unleashed a Independence Day (1996) upon mankind.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Oh wow that is amazing. That means Robbie HAS to be the one to come save the day :haw:

If this arc ends with Robbie in a War Machine suit then my life will be complete.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

IUG posted:

So meanwhile in the Badass thread, they were talking about X-Factor 87, as it's the issue that has Quicksilver giving his monologue about how painful life is for him because everything is irritating. I found that I had that issue, and was flipping through it, and showing it to my roommate. She asked about the advertisements from back then, and...

Advertisements were just different back then. :allears:

Rulk's first adventures didn't get past the CCA, huh? :gonk:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Red posted:

So anyone from out of town who doesn't know JJJ just thinks it's a flying robot Hitler, right?

Next arc is JJJ having to deal with neo-nazis from all over the world coming wanting to do his bidding. Peter Parker's out of a job thanks to the new Daily Bugle team.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Perhaps the captain and the crew decide to simply accept that they helped hit superman really hard.

"As said on the report, sir, we were in the middle of scheduled maintenance when the female kryptonian lifted our ship and changed our course directly across Superman's face until we fell back to the ocean. And if I may, that was kickingrad."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

^IIRC that explanation on how Gwen Stacy died made so much more sense that Marvel made it the official explanation and had GG correct himself once when taunting Peter.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

As comic book ruses go, that's spectacularly unelaborate.

Hey, he got an Iron Man suit, mastered it and waited until April 1st to get that wall-crawling menace in order to use the trump card that is April Fool, JJJ is a master tactician.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Servoret posted:

Defenders #31

BTW, Hulk straight up murders those two hunters on the next page, so Amadeus Cho is totally full of poo poo.

This reminds me

From this brazilian site i think: http://www.dragonarte.com.br/index.php?pag=tirinhas&foto=postagem%20png_1.png

Now that Disney owns Marvel they really need to make shorts of superheroes showing up to save the day before the sad parts of a disney movie come up. Xavier and Hank need to help out in The Beauty and the Beast.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Veotax posted:

Let's jump back in time a few years, Mole Man has kidnapped Mary Jane and Aunt May and Spider-Man has enlisted The Thing's help (the rest of the Fantastic Four are on vacation) to get them back. Mole Man kidnapped the ladies because he wanted to marry MJ, but him and May have hit it off.

This is the best thing ever. How does it end??

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Knormal posted:

At this point I'm getting the feeling they haven't figured out how they're going to get JJJ out of the suit, so they're just releasing strip after strip of Spider-Man steering Iron Jonah around until they figure something out. Hasn't he been out of control for over a week now in real world time? Like I wouldn't be all that surprised if after another week of this the saga ends with a strip of Jonah waking up in bed and saying "Wow, what a crazy dream! I sure am glad none of that really happened!" Then the next day it's just the start of a new ark with The Rhino or something.

Today's double strip was a recap of everything happening (the stark guy being unable to help, Robbie standing there and blaming himself for deciding he should be treated like a human being, JJJ on course to die and Spidey saying he won't leave Jonah) so maybe you're on to something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The mouse on top of the goat showed up last issue, so i'm hoping that rad goat shows up soon and saves the world by accident. :3:

EDIT: Oh poo poo, the floor's covered with the syringe mice. Awesome!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Ben, Kitty Pryde, and Magneto are the big three Jewish characters in comics, I think.

Sounds like a new team book

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I kinda figured Moon Knight woulda stopped attending Hanukkah parties after he snapped and started worshiping ancient Egyptian gods.

Moon Knight is kicked out when he wears a shirt saying Ramses Was Right

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I'm so sad right now. That edit was just too perfect.

Those colors look super modern, tho, and apparently the issue was reprinted in a tradepaper back in 2005 while it originally came out in 1978, so there's a chance the sentence was edited to make sense in 2005 while the original does, in fact, say Iron Man needs to give Cap a Solid Dick.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

Less horrifying and unnecessary Bat-related grimdark murder poo poo, more wacky silver age schemes.

(Source unknown, would be much appreciated.)

If someone dared make this into a six-issue storyline without a hint of irony then the N52 would be saved.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I still can't believe the reindeer were all Skrulls... :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Calaveron posted:

So he got ptsd from whizzing on Cap's ice prison? :psyduck:

Oh god now I see it. :stare:

I thought he simply found Cap but left him there and it was a sweet, sad scene!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

He's not wrong. Brave and the Bold looks a lot like that Fischer Price Marvel series. I get that's kind-of the point, but hey it's not my nor everyone's flavor.

I'm not entirely sure how Silver Age lifted into animation looks like Super Hero Squad's chibis but with big feet, but okay, you're entitled to your opinion.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Teen Titans Go! continues to spread love upon the batfamily.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jiro posted:

I still don't get it.

Edit: Oh right, Attilan was blowed up real good in Infinity. How the gently caress is this book supposed to work???? Lol

Nah, book starts right after Attilan blows up.

Thor was made unworthy of his hammer this week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TwoPair posted:

The joke is the very concept of Joe Mad getting a book out 2 weeks after a previous one.

Oh, dude, Mad's off the book, it's all Ryan Stegman from here on and he's had plenty of time to get issues done. I'm actually kinda hype cuz he got a character in there (idk if i should spoil this but just ot be safe) creates anything he reads, and that's so OP that the higher inhumans were all like NERF! and took away his eyes, so he has an seeing-eye dog and some words written braille for combat, like Fire and stuff

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gavok posted:

It's a good read, but he's more of a terrifying force of nature than an awkward and goofy murder machine.

Plus he has zigzag heat vision, which rules.

There needs to be a mini of Yet Another Universe Where Superman Goes Evil except he's so good he has trouble being evil, like, he decides to finally murder Lex and causes massive damage during their final showdown, but stops from delivering the final blow in order to save everyone that's falling off buildings and then hurries to rebuild everything he broke.

"I know, I'll destroy my humanity if I go and kill my parents! *swoosh* This is the end."
"Oh, sonny, you came right on time for apple pie, sit, i'm sure you had a hard day, we're so proud of you, you're so good"
"U-um, okay. But, uh, I think i'm gonna try other methods of peace, like killing"
"We didn't raise you like that young man! You should be ashamed"
"But maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I guess to prove that she was listening.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

I'm willing to say that Stilt Man is a really bad character who has never been blessed with a good writer.

Waid's Daredevil, not sure of the number. But there's also issue 17 which is done with Allred that owns.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 1, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Why isn't this the next Marvel crossover?

Clearly this is going to be the end of Hickman's Avengers, they must stop an incursion while the planet incursioning is one full of Stilt-men. Can the Avengers find the source of the incursions when they're between the rock and the stilt?! Feat. Iron Stilt Man, Spider-Stilt-Man, Wolvestilt, Captain Stiltmerica, Captain Marstilt, Stilt Widow and The Incredible Stilt.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ror posted:

Yeah, Onmi wrote up a ton about it, starting here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562522&pagenumber=26&perpage=40#post425825129 (really starts on his next post), which continues through most of page 27

And apparently there are dozens of multiverse versions of all the characters, so we get things like Rasta Knuckles:

This gives a good sample of what his Original Characters Do Not Steal campaign involved.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

She's Hawkeye from M.A.S.H. isn't she?

Yes, Hawkeye is wearing a Hawkeye costume while making funny faces to Hawkeye in his Hawkeye costume.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Skwirl posted:

What's this from?

jfc Doom. I kinda hope he has a room full of portraits of Namor. Like, hidden in his room full of hate portraits of Richards.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

Has there ever been a story dealing with the idea that a hero like Booster Gold or someone could go back in time and save Bruce's parents, but Batman is so incredibly important that doing so fucks up a ton of stuff?

I feel like somehow, if some time traveler were to create a bad future by saving Bruce's parents, he/she could go back further and stop Hitler, and the negative future that creates along with saving Bruce's parents make the future be completely fine.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I like to imagine Stark or some other tech genius hacks all of Clint's games and add a bunch of extra poo poo just to piss him off.

"Dammit, Tony! Why'd you put Pokemon in my Digimon game?!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The only thing I know about Cyborg is a short flowchart:

Is it Cyborg from the Teen Titans cartoon?
Yes - Cool design at least
No - He is as boring as the boring design he'll have.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

zoux posted:

The conventional wisdom of BSS is so weird.

I'd like if Twinkies Shilling Spider-man could be used for some funny joke in this crossover instead of 'twinkies are dumb he is dead'

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TwoPair posted:

That's the conclusion Strange comes to at the end as well.

Oh Wong, you fiend :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Which is when you sit down and realize "Holy poo poo Keanu is 50?!"

That's why he'll never play the role of Dr. Strange, he will never play a role that hints about his wizard powers for eternal youth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

RAM? Computers love RAM.

"Oh, thanks Clint. WOW, 512 whole megs of RAM, that's, uh, really thoughtful of you..."

• Locked thread