Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
I honestly cannot remember, other than a vague sense of a cop-out that was eventually overshadowed by the mother of all cop-outs, the CIA!

I can't believe I am going to watch this horseshit show again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
I have an odd request - can someone take browalk.gif and do that magical Photoshop thing that stabilizes part of the image so Jax stays relatively still while the background sways back and forth like waves on the ocean?

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
Tig: Jax, the Niners handcuffed me to a pipe and burned my daughter alive while I watched! Oh. Baby. No.
Jax: I'm gonna find out who did this, bro!
Tig: ...

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
I honestly don't give a pickled pig turd who dies. They are all despicable scumbags who deserve to die. I just hope the death is enough to entertain me for forty minutes.

gently caress this show (that I watch every week).

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
Speaking of Chibbs, is it just me, or has anyone else not understood a loving thing he's said this season? It's like having a Gaelic R2-D2.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

mcbexx posted:

Birth certificates (Jax'?) and marriage licences (Gemma and John Teller), if I remember correctly.

In the next shocking episode, Jax learns that Gemma had premarital sex!!!! He vows to his mother to find out who knocked her up with him.

Does anyone doubt it's Clay?

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

The SARS Volta posted:

Zach Handlen, the AV Club guy who blogs about SOA, nails it:

Sons of Anarchy Season 5: A friendly bear abused by drunken clowns.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

smg77 posted:

If you think of this show as a soap opera like General Hospital or Days of Our Lives it becomes much more watchable.

If I think of it as poo poo I would never watch, it becomes more watchable?

The problem is that it used to not be poo poo; it got compared to Shakespeare, not TV for fat housewives gobbling down Bon-Bons and waiting for Jerry Springer reruns.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
On further reflection, the biggest problem I have isn't how Opie's death does or doesn't fit into the plot, but that by killing Opie, they killed their ONLY sympathetic character. Every single other person on this show deserves every horrible thing that could possibly happen. Except Jax's kids, but they're not characters, just plot devices. Clay could toss 'em in the wood chipper for all I care.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
If this show wasn't total poo poo last week, it is now. Peace out, bro-walkers.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
I tried to catch up on this shitshow over Thanksgiving. I skipped some episodes, but as far as I can tell it made no real difference. This thread is more entertaining anyway.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

Ghostpilot posted:

Here's a little something: one of these characters is trying to intimidate the other. Guess which is doing the intimidating:

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

Active666 posted:

Does anyone else recall the season preview that showed Jax driving his bike off a bridge? I waited all season to see when that was going to happen and it never materialized. Was it supposed to be some lovely analogy like the mysterious bag lady?

The whole thing is a metaphor. The bridge is quality. The bike is the show. Jax is Sutter. The music is some poo poo he heard on internet radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

bobkatt013 posted:

I wonder if he is the one who came up with the cat scene.

I wonder if he came during the cat scene.

• Locked thread