Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

Alright all you masochists, it's time for some browalking!

Yep. For the past two years I've been saying I'll quit but here I am. At least the soundtrack is awesome (for the most part).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Agreeing with what almost everyone else has said so far. I'm not done with the show because it was basically background noise for me for the past two seasons, but man this show needs a loving story editor who's not afraid of challenging Sutter. There are no meaningful arcs, there are no characters who act rationally, everything that saves the Sons comes out of nowhere. Christ season 2 was so great because it was constantly raising the stakes and the Sons were loosing until the end. Now it's just some CIA poo poo. Opie should have killed Clay, but since he knew it would gently caress over everyone he killed himself rather than deal with it, it's lovely. He needed to kill Clay so the Sons were desperate to find a new gun connection and end up with an evil motherfucker that would sends things towards the eventual endgame.

Hire me Sutter, for a oval office blogger I sure know how to spin a yarn.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Armyman25 posted:

Sutter confusing grim and gritty with drama.

Also, the episode's theme was everyone lying to each other about everything.

Finally, was the last scene supposed to be some big shock?

I find it rather ironic that Pope is by far the most honest and trustworthy person on show after his introduction. He's brutal and cruel but he's somewhat fair and the ultimate businessman gangster. I'm rooting for him now gently caress the Sons.

Also who wants to bet that Tig will eat a bullet or have something horrible happen to him now that he has a matching neck scar. Let's hope Roesy kills him and the nomads (and Clay, loving kill him already this is getting tiring).

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

RoofieMyselfForFun posted:

My TV is poo poo and all i saw was dark shadows. The hell did I miss?

Able probably got impaled by a tree. On any other show I'd say it might be daring but I'm not willing to give Sutter the benefit of the doubt he did this for shock value (or he didn't like working with the kid).

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

RoofieMyselfForFun posted:

Did we see who shot at Jax? Did someone whom we previously thought was important die an undramatic death?

A black guy that was probably hired by Clay to shift the blame towards not-Gus.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

I just saw Alvarez playing a Mexican cook in a lovely wing place for a miller lite commercial. No lines, just a face in the background. You'd think that wouldn't pay for poo poo and he's a bit above that by now.

Commercials pay very well. Hanks police friend from Breaking Bad is one of the insurance commercials and has no lines, it's quite common.

SneakySneaks fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 5, 2012

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Great more dumb poo poo the Sons will face no repercussions for whatsoever.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
I can't believe they have two more seasons planned of watching this retarded oval office loving up. I really hope that somehow Jax ends up being the one killed after all this bullshit. He's irredeemable just loving put a bullet in him already.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
And we start with more crappy covers (I still maintain Ruby Tuesday was good).

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Calling second in command kills Pope and places the blame on the club.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
So a man as careful as Pope, man who would make goddamn sure all his meetings were know by multiple associates, is not going to inform people not at the warehouse that he was meeting Jax. That's the biggest loving stretch this season.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Won't Juice's hand prints be all over the gun?

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
If this was any other show that SOA I'd be shocked and horrified. With this I just roll my eyes and say "Oh, Sutter" like in a lovely eighties sitcom.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

If this Kurt Sutter post-show thing is interactive, we gotta get up on that.

Do you mean we could all be officially labeled oval office bloggers?

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

B.H. Facials posted:

I'm trying to remember if he browalked in Nicolas Nickleby.

He did all kinds of weird walking in Cold Mountain and Children of Men. Maybe not bro-walking, but close.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
You know I'm really glad I didn't watch when this plot device when it happened on The Shield. Or the second loving season of this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
I kinda want to watch the post show just see how Sutter explains himself.

• Locked thread