Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

BioTech posted:

I found it kinda disappointing. It looked great in the screenshots and the trailers, but for some reason it never gets quite that beautiful when you play.

The platforming is awful. It doesn't feel like a jump, but as if the physics engine sets the gravitational parameters of your character to a different value and reconfigures it after X distance. This might be hard to explain, but the controls just feel really off. Like it wasn't made to be a platformer but just some physics stuff and they added jumping as an afterthought.

I was expecting Lost Vikings, got clumsy controls, repetitive puzzles and stuff you almost couldn't beat without buying certain upgrades that the game never warned you about. The whole thing is frustrating to play and not worth it.

Then again, this might be because I played solo and a good amount of stuff relies on quick switching between characters, which isn't an issue role if you have some friends over.

The physics are kind of wonky, but I can attest to the fun had while playing with a friend. Plus there is the option to make it so you can use the wizard to levitate other players, which can lead to some great hijinks.

I just bought a Wii U this week, and although I haven't bought any games for it besides Nintendoland and Trine 2, I'm already glad I bought it and I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

nippon nifties posted:

This is probably the most fun I've had in a video game in a long time:

Ok, I'm sold. Picking this game up ASAP.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A lot of 3rd party Wii U games have been dropping prices, including Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which you can get for only $20 at Gamestop or on Amazon. I'm by no means a guy who likes traditional competitive fighting games, but is $20 worth it for just the single player/local multiplayer experience with the Wii U exclusive content? More specifically, is playing as a grizzly bear dressed up as Mario worth my time if I'm probably never going to bother to actually learn how to play the game well enough to not get bodied online?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

Do you have a friend to play with that also does not play online or in tournaments?

Yeah, I have a couple friends who might be interested, and who also have no fighting game skill beyond casual Smash Bros. From the sounds of it, I'll probably get my money's worth.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Ages ago Nintendo posted a bunch of "super play" videos on Miiverse for NSMBU and a couple for NSLU and the stuff they do with boost mode is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2hOl1ZLY0E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq6ik8hnbNc

I hope years from now Wii U emulation becomes possible simply because I want to see what kinds of amazing things you can do with this in a TAS.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are those Mario & Luigi Wii Remotes a limited time only thing? Or will I be able to find them after Christmas?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

AllisonByProxy posted:

What's with the empty box on the side of the screen in 3D World where the collectibles are listed? You can see it in this screen here:

I'm really glad you used this post as an excuse to post that awesome Miiverse picture. :allears:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Champeenship posted:

Like the one guy says in the last page of that thread, I wouldn't be too surprised if acceleration means a whole lot more in this game. Having played the demo, you get the coin item while in first a good chunk of the time, and items like the boomerang can break through turtling strategies. I can't say anything definitively, but I feel that top speed + bananas and shells will be much less simpler, so you may get to use your Waluigi yet.

For what it's worth, this doesn't matter in Time Trials.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope Groose is playable in this game, and also has a gigantic codpiece

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Sorry to be a bummer, but that "How can X when there's only 7 million people on earth." is a fairly popular meme.

I'll need to see the Know Your Meme page before I believe this

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hate bikes in Mario Kart. I had to say it, and I did

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

I'm sorry, did you just say it's been a long time coming that we got a new Star Fox Adventures?

I would actually want that more than a regular Star Fox game

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Skeezy posted:

Was Skyward Sword the Zelda game that Nintendo kept saying would change the Zelda formula in a big way or is it the new Zelda that might get shown off today?

Both.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

I want a Zelda where I can actually explore the world and see what it has to offer.

Have you heard of The Wind Waker

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't get over how good Splatoon looks.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

JordanKai posted:

Let's also not forget Sakurai who just gets cuter every year. :3:

:eyepop:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

hahahaha

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

It is the middle of the year 2014 and Kid Icarus: Uprising is still the best game on the 3DS

I would argue Fire Emblem Awakening but I agree with the sentiment of the post

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Hello friends, just popping in to say that I've had this system since February and only just now realized there was a stylus in the gamepad well bye :downs:

Hahaha

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Is Mario Party 10 going to be good?

Yes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Wii U is, and always has been, gaming's ambrosia.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Realtalk an HD Galaxies rerelease would actually convince me to buy a Wii U.

I don't know why that would when there's already 3D World and Mario Kart, both of which are worth the system.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

surf rock posted:

Seriously though, he wields a crossbow and can transform into an eagle. I'm sure they could come up with a pretty interesting set of attacks for him.

unfortunately they are only taking characters from OoT, TP, and SS.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Let's compromise. Malon who can turn into an eagle and wields a crossbow.

Let's not have joke suggestions. OoT, TP, SS only. Let's have Groose turn into an eagle and wield a crossbow.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Let's not go steam thread OP levels here though

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

What the hell?

Sounds about right, I mean, we can all agree Rosalina is a babe..

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nolgthorn posted:

I've just noticed Mario Sunshine is on the eShop.

I'll probably not buy it. Rather play something better with improved graphics, music and gameplay. One of you who loves the unholy hell out of Mario Sunshine convince me to waste my money on it anyway even though I've already made up my mind and am never gonna budge, no sir.

:dogstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I played the first pikmin, but not pikmin 2, and I think pikmin 3 is perfectly swell

• Locked thread