Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Waltzing Along posted:

Should I buy Super Mario World? I remember playing it on SNES back in the day. I think I finished it. I don't have fond memories, though. I have like 650 points.

I'd be one to say no (I'm not particularly fond of most of the NES/SNES era Mario games), but considering that the Club Nintendo year is almost over, you'd be basically gambling. I grabbed Art Academy: First Semester. Fingers crossed for May!

If all else fails, I'll just dump some coins into my account and grab either the Pikmin tote or the Yoshi cloth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Clinger Winger (the orb stage) definitely isn't slower :suicide:.

It definitely is. The entire game in general is slower.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Quest For Glory II posted:

That would definitely be a surprise since Nintendo rarely puts out demos of their games ever. I think Mario Golf is the first one to get one on 3DS since......... uh.. maybe it's the first one.

Nah. As mentioned, there was FE, as well as Dream Team, Chibi Robo, Rusty's Real Deal (technically), Steel Diver (sorta'), Harmoknight, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, aaaaaand Brain Age: Concetration Training.

It's true, though, they don't put out demos for boxed titles particularly often. The only Nintendo title on the Wii U eshop with a demo is The Wonderful 101 (and you can debate that since it's only published by them).

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Looper posted:

If there is one Wii U game everybody needs to buy at full price, it's, well it's probably Mario 3D World but it should be Wonderful 101!

I'm not even sure you can anymore. The game got price dropped to $30 like a month or so ago.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

And after you beat that one you get to go through both of those again and find a third stage!

It amazes me how obscenely hard Nintendo decided to make Nintendo Land in certain areas. It's also kind of funny, because nearly all the attractions get to be harder than the actual games they're based on.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Seaniccus posted:

He might mean hyrule warriors?

I don't think that counts though.

Nah, probably not. That said, Miyamoto claimed that Zelda U was ready to show last E3 - personally, I think we'll see a 2015 release.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

katkillad2 posted:

It lasts until December 31, 2014... I kind of hope they extend it indefinitely. So far I've only earned $20 in codes and I was an idiot who bought it at launch. I had no intentions on going digital only or anything, but I expected a whole hell of a lot more indie games than what we've currently got.

I've got at least four indie titles I'm interested in that are planned to come out between now and the end of this year, but yeah, I'd definitely like to see the promotion go longer, since I've only about a fifth of the way to getting an extra $5. Also, I think it's rather silly that a $4.99 purchase gets you 49 points, but eh.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Bah. One of the eShop games I was looking forward to - Armillo - was pushed back again, three days from the expected release. On the bright side, it'll be getting a temporary price drop when it drops.

Speaking of eShop games I'm looking forward to, if anyone else is interested in the Wii U update to Art of Balance coming somewhat soon, you should totally check these articles out. The screenshots are gorgeous, and the developer insight is fun to read.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

MaxDuo posted:

Looking at the refurb page.... does the refurbished Wii U deluxe not come with the charging cradle and stands? Also do you get club nintendo points for refurbs?

I'd imagine that you get everything that comes with the average Deluxe set is in there, and they probably just didn't put them on the list because they're pieces of plastic, but I'm not sure. I know for sure you don't (or at least shouldn't) get Club Nintendo coins, though.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Famous TV Dad posted:

I also have free Super Metroid Wii U code. Enjoy!

A048-P3DQ-083K-NGJD

Just grabbed it. Thanks!

Also, for anyone who doesn't know, it seems that the eShop got some new BGM either just yesterday or the day before. I really like how they switch up the eShop music every so often.

e; Looking at the new icon on my home screen, I'm really hoping they eventually add folders to the Wii U OS. I was so pumped when the 3DS got folders because I had VC icons all over the place from the ambassador program, and I like organizing things and making them pretty.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 13, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Well, the theme in the ad has real instruments in it just like almost every other song in MK8, and unlike anything in MKWii, so....

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Silver Falcon posted:

It suddenly occurred to me that that's how Sonic games should be! Levels specifically designed so that you can go full tilt the whole way! Why is it that a character whose whole deal is "go fast" doesn't operate that way? Why is Rayman a better Sonic game than Sonic games are?

I'm pretty sure that Sonic Colors and Generations were both designed very much this way. Heck, even Lost World had a touch of that in some of its levels - it just lacked the momentum a lot of the time.
(Also, it's Murfy.)

That said, I just took the time to finish up the story of Rayman Legends, myself. I must be one of the few people who doesn't love the musical levels (or even like them, for that matter). Consistent speed nulls out punch-jumping, the screen-scroll is just a bit too fast to feel entirely fair, and I find the music irritating (mind you, I enjoy just about every other track in the game). I thought that the treasure box chases from Rayman Origins handled the go-full-tilt-or-you'll-die mentality to much greater effect than the music levels as they were more difficult in a way that felt organic, they were faster in a way that felt more controlled, and music was less annoying to listen to. While the levels in Rayman Legends definitely generally take speed into account, there are plenty of areas where this isn't the case at all, which probably is the reason they exchanged Origins' Time Trials for the "Invasion" levels, instead. I appreciate that the Invasion levels are more-or-less new levels, but at the same time, I really liked how the Time Trials were longer and allowed you to put your experience exploring the level to use. That said, in terms of general level design, Legends one-ups Origins by having a little more focus on specific ideas, and I found the Murfy levels to be a nice change of pace, even with the stupid AI. It's a shame it's not nearly as lengthy as Origins, but it's still pretty darn good, either way.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

axleblaze posted:

The Dreamcast Sonic games only really had speed when you were playing as Sonic/Shadow (and even then most of that was just holding forward) and the rest of the time it was made up of rather slow, very different gameplay styles.
I wouldn't say so. Solo Tails in Adventure was all about being fast, and Solo Knuckles/Rouge in both games were pretty fast-moving, even though they had you searching for things. Even Amy's levels brought the player to a good speed if they knew what they were doing, although there were a couple moments where the player was forced to slow down.

axleblaze posted:

Sonic Heroes tried to make you play all those styles at once and was a mess for it.
This simply isn't true. The game's level design is something more akin to the classic multiple-pathways style mixed with a bit of the linearity from Adventure two, and all the formations move at a reasonable pace. The emphasis on combat is something that was barely present in any previous game, and the flying was also much different and considerably more unnatural compared to anything the series had tried previously. Sonic Heroes was definitely a mess, as each formation came with its own set of headaches, but the gameplay styles meshed fairly well with one another.

Ironically, you left out Lost World, despite us being in the Wii U thread. :v:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

AHungryRobot posted:

The game has ~80% of Origin's levels included with the new ones, how on earth is it not as lengthy? :psyduck:

I really wouldn't count that as a part of the game's main story. Mainly what I mean is that I would have loved to see more of the level design ideologies introduced in Legends. It doesn't help that I've already played Origins, anyway.

Kirios posted:

So...what was everyone's favorite tracks in Mario Kart Wii?
1. Koopa Cape
2. Coconut Mall
3. Toad's Factory
4. Rainbow Road
5. GBA Shy Guy Beach

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Just going off prior experience, my guess is that the deal with Super Mario Kart is more of a "connection" deal like what they did with Dr. Luigi and the indie sale earlier this year - that is to say, it can be done entirely without Club Nintendo, and is contained within the eShop. The Mario Kart 8 free game deal is something that you get with CN, and since you'd be buying the game digitally (I assume), it'll automatically register the game onto Club Nintendo (which I'm PRETTY SURE means you already have to be on Club Nintendo and have your eShop account connected to Club Nintendo so be absolutely sure to do that), and that'll be the factor that gets you your free game.

So basically, the two deals are independent of one another, and you should be able to take advantage of both.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

F. Lobot posted:

It looks terrible! Excuse me if this is old news, but I just can't believe I went this long without knowing. There's one enemy, literally the one loving enemy that hurt my wrist so much to fight in Skyward Sword, and I get to use bad controls to spin attack through hundreds of them at a time? Please tell me there's more content in the game than this because I'm not convinced there is. Lizzard guy, is that it? I thought there'd be some Zelda inspired unique mechanic to justify this game's existence. I'm sorry, there was a giant Goron lizzard, with a model that looks ripped straight from Ocarina of Time 3D. In fact all the enemies are reused. Did I mention it looks like a Dreamcast game? Don't be fooled by the unstable framerate, I can still count the polys on those trees, which I wouldn't normally nitpick except it's the only scenery there! Does this developer usually release trailers for games in pre-alpha, and did Nintendo even watch the trailer that presents itself in Times New Roman and parenthetical Arial Black before running it on their main Youtube channel? This looks like the kind of game that should get one launch day trailer in Japan and a page 2 release on the eShop. Any promotion beforehand is just reminding me of how bad it looks.
Okay.

Why on earth would you think that they would be incorporating motion controls for this game, especially when it's in an old series that doesn't change a whole lot and it's not being made by Nintendo (unless you're saying Musou games have bad controls?)? Dodongos are not "Goron lizzards" ("big-rear end lizzard" would have been acceptable). There's definitely more than that, as the thread was just discussing screenshots of what I'd assume are bosses. It definitely doesn't look like a Dreamcast game, not even as horribly empty as the field is, as terrible as the grass texture looks, and as bad as the trees look. Considering that they probably really wanted something new to announce to start the year off, I think it would be safe to say that Nintendo probably pushed for the trailer a little sooner than they should have, as the new screens coming out look better, even if not by much (although I'd guess a good chunk of the screenshots come from pre-rendered scenes). I never noticed that they used two different fonts for "Hyrule Warriors (name not final)", that's actually pretty funny.

I'm not saying the trailer isn't bad (for goodness' sakes, look at those Bokoblins popping in and out all over the place), and I currently have no interest in the game, but you seem so up-in-arms about it that it's a little bit amusing.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

WHOA WHAT
DUDE, THAT'S AWESOME. I'm gonna' go try that out right now.

Also, so this post isn't worthless: European owners of Pushmo/Crashmo can get Pushmo World for 30% off. In NA, Pushmo/Crashmo are 33% off, which got me to finally purchase the game. Hopefully this wasn't already posted, otherwise I'm a big dumb.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Okay, so I went ahead and gave Stylus Mode on Pikmin 3 a shot. It's interesting. In normal, TV-On mode, it's kinda' not great at all. With the large amount of touch-screen buttons, I find myself having to look at the screen uncomfortably often. The big problem is, the game doesn't display on the touch screen - only the map does. This means that aiming is a lot more of a "gesture-based" endeavor than it is a situation where you just tap the enemy you want to throw pikmin at. Also, camera control is now limited ONLY to centering with ZL. The control scheme does appropriately take one-handedness into account, otherwise.

Off-TV play is significantly more playable, though. With your focus always on the gamepad, accessing the on-screen buttons is quick and easy, and tapping enemies is accurate and, in my opinion, superior to the aiming with the remote. My only gripe at this point is that it's awkward to switch pikmin types (with the function now relegated to the d-pad) and I really wish there was something like a swipe-to-turn-the-camera feature. The only way it's worse than TV-On is the same way it's always worse - you can't get that nice top-down view of that map that you get when you direct your captains.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

irlZaphod posted:

On that matter, I'm kinda torn between W101 and Pikmin 3. I've never played a Pikmin game, and I'm just not sure I'd really enjoy either. I already have Wind Waker and NSMBU, and again I'm not sure I'd be crazy about Monster Hunter. The only other option I really see there is Nintendo Land, which has a good reputation here but I could probably get it cheap enough anyway. Sonic: Lost World is pretty bad, right?

I'd go for Pikmin 3, especially since it's the more expensive title.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

enojy posted:

About 3D World -- is it different enough from 3DS' 3D Land to merit a purchase? I already completed that game.

3D Land was not enjoyable for me until the last world (not counting extra worlds). 3D World was enjoyable all throughout.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

citizenlowell posted:

The whole game is a blissful experience.

I absolutely cannot stop playing mission mode.

Like, I'll put down Pikmin 3 for some period of time, then pick it up, then spend two solid hours on mission mode.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 3, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Dugong posted:

So I won't lose save data then? I need some Tick Tock time.

The only save data you should ever lose from a transfer would be save data already present on the virtual Wii on your Wii U.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

PantsBandit posted:

Ya know, I like 3D World a lot but I can say in no uncertain terms that I think the recent Rayman games have been both better platformers and prettier.

As someone who plays platformers very frequently, it is extremely puzzling to me how people compare 2D and 3D platformers in this manner.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Argue posted:

3D World seems to be in this weird place where if someone compares it (favorably or unfavorably) to a 2D game, someone will say "you can't compare a 3D game to a 2D game" but if someone compares it to a 3D game like Mario Galaxy, someone will say "well, you can't compare the two because 3D World is really more like a 2D game that's in 3D".

That's silly. I would absolutely compare Galaxy to 3D World - they control very similarly, although 3D World is ultimately less floaty and a little more restricted. There's a clear consistency in level design ideology present between Galaxy 2 and 3D World, even though visuals have some very different though. Mario's made to move in 3D in 3D World - even in the very 2D-like sections of 3D World you're not locked into 2D like you are in Galaxy 2.

PantsBandit posted:

I mean, there are certain aspects that hold true between 2D and 3D. Tightness I'd controls, level design, music, that sort of thing. Plus 3D world is somewhere between 2D and 3D anyways in terms of gameplay.

I would not compare "tightness of controls" in a 2D and 3D platformer, personally, especially when 3D World and Rayman Legends try to accomplish distinctly different things with their movement styles. I also wouldn't compare level design, no matter how "2D" 3D World is, especially not when level design is, again, entirely dependent on what you wish to accomplish with your game. I would sooner compare NSMBU and Rayman, since they both have you brought up to top speed within little time, both consist of you holding a direction while jumping at the right time, and both are twitchier experiences than your typical 3D platformer. The most ideal comparison would be between titles like DKCR and Origins - those are games with fairly similar ideals.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Shadow of the Colossus/Jak and Daxter/God of War/Beyond Good and Evil/Devil May Cry/Dragon Ball Z Budokai/Hitman/Killzone/Kingdom Hearts/Medal of Honor/Metal Gear Solid/Prince of Persia/Okami/Ratchet and Clank/Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Sly Cooper/Tomb Raider/Tony Hawk/Zone of the Enders doesn't need to be remade, its graphics are fine and it can be played on the PS3 as-is because of backwards compatibility. You are essentially asking Sony/Capcom/Insomniac/Konami/Namco/Ubisoft/Sega/Square Enix/Bandai to waste its time.

You'd have to go out of your way at this point to find a PS3 that's specifically backwards compatible with PS2 games, and most of these collections have the advantage of giving you multiple games, new, not used, for a fairly low price. Sunshine would see a bump down in the cost that you could find a new copy for - Galaxy would see a bump up. In addition, I believe that the Wii U scales Wii games up while the PS3 did not scale PS2 games up, but I could entirely, completely wrong about that*.

*edit: I am totally wrong about that. Even still, Sunshine would see a considerably bigger improvement with an HD remake than Galaxy.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Except Galaxy had great controls? :confused:
He doesn't like the waggle.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 7, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Mr Interweb posted:

Do you think WW HD was better looking than the original?

It's an arguable point. Dynamic lighting and higher resolution textures makes WWHD the prettier game in some areas, while the harsh HDR and incredibly ugly scenes that can result from the lighting engine not being entirely well-planned makes for a less cohesive visual style. For a game that's meant to be relaxing and feel-good, WWHD's visuals are a little too striking at times, though I think certain shots are completely gorgeous, and it wows me more than the original does.

All that said, there are so many quality-of-life changes to WWHD that make it a better experience that I'd rather play it than the original. Super Mario Sunshine could almost definitely see a big bump from visual, musical, and possibly gameplay(-al?) changes, provided Nintendo decides to take that route with a remake of the game.

e;

Mr Interweb posted:

(though admittedly, it's not nearly a big a problem with SMG as it is with say, Skyward Sword. Wtf happened there, Nintendo?!)
I would think Twilight Princess would have seen the biggest improvements, especially because it has a lot of dark settings that would have hugely benefited from the dynamic shadows, but man I don't know technology.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 8, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Xik posted:

I disagree. I've been playing them both lately and think 3D World looks better. Don't get me wrong, they both look really nice but I see rough edges and flaws in MK I don't notice in 3D World.

If you play split screen MK, the flaws become even more pronounced and you can start to notice them in single player.

I think MK8 wowed me a little more than 3D World, but 3D World's style is a little more strong and easy on the eyes, and it's a little more tasteful with certain effects (the bloom/HDR*, for example). Either way, I think Art of Balance does some of the prettiest stuff I've seen with the hardware. I want to see it in motion so badly.

*I note both because I have a hard time telling the two apart.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

noirstronaut posted:

Anyway, I think my next game will be 3D World. Is there a tl;dr of everyone's thoughts on it? I've been watching gameplay of it for a few weeks/months and it doesn't give me any 3D Land vibes (loved 3D Land)

As someone who only sorta' liked 3D Land and absolutely adored 3D World, I think your head will probably explode when you play 3D World.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Digital Jesus posted:

Dudes, gotta choose my free game. Wind Waker vs Pikmin vs Wonderful 101 (leaning this way).

I'm a Zelda fan but somehow haven't played WW.

Never played a Pikmin but like the idea of it.

I liked TW101 demo but couldn't find it in a store here and don't usually buy console games digitally.

Any suggestions? Are any of these particularly long and/or replayable?

I'm very confident that Wind Waker is longer than Pikmin, but I love 3 so much that I regularly pick it up and play the mission mode. Since I played it to 100% and also went for a no-death run, Pikmin's main campaign lasted me a little less than 20 hours. I've since spent an addition 30 or so hours playing the game. Wind Waker HD, on the other hand, took me a little less than 30 hours on Hero Mode. Is TW101 at least not a little cheaper on the eShop?

Also, I really would like to see an update to the Wii U's Activity Log.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

matrix ripoff posted:

I guess all that can give you an advantage.

You gotta be a huge baby to whine about screen-watching in a Mario Kart game, tho. :colbert:
To be fair, there is nothing that ticks me off more in that game than getting bolted when I'm holding onto a star, so yes, I will have my eyes constantly looking at the gamepad to see if anyone's got a lightning bolt, and yes, that's definitely not fair that I can have that information, and that really ain't screen-peekin'.

Man, I remember when my friends used to call it "screen-hacking."

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Austrian mook posted:

What's the best controller for Pikmin? I've been having a little trouble aiming throws with the gamepad

Are you using the touch screen controls?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Random Stranger posted:

Speaking of which, do you think Mario Maker is going to get a "and it's available now on Nintendo e-Shop"?

Almost definitely. Both Microsoft and Sony have had their own AND IT'S AVAILABLE NOW!! so I'm almost expecting Nintendo to pull that, too.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 10, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Incase it gets pulled down

Thats some starfox

So I'm aware the article came from the TIME website or whatever, but:

But maybe they reused the image because it's a WIP. Temper your hype, though.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 10, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Skeezy posted:

Was Skyward Sword the Zelda game that Nintendo kept saying would change the Zelda formula in a big way or is it the new Zelda that might get shown off today?

It was really quite unusual to have a level-select-style of getting where you'd go, as well as the fact that pre-dungeon content was more consistently a linear chunk of level design - more like large-scale dungeons, almost. The dungeon formula was mostly the same, though, it's true. Storytelling style was also different, as well.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

lelandjs posted:

You don't. When it prompts you to point the Wiimote at the tv, just move it around until the haptic feedback shows you where the buttons are, select the one on the right, hit A and it'll start.
It's easiest if you just go to the Wii Menu from the quickstart menu. There should also be a trick where you hold down the B button while the "Wii U" logo is displayed on the screen during startup?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, you can switch to the "classic" gamepad controls to see what it shipped with. They're bad.

What? They're seriously just standard Pikmin controls without the right stick being used to direct pikmin, which the game's level design makes almost totally unnecessary. And the stylus controls are a huge pain if you're not playing on the gamepad only.

Also, I recently hung out with a friend who doesn't suck at video games, and he reminded me just how fun Pikmin 3's multiplayer is. It also left me wondering, why would they make so many maps for it and only give it local multiplayer? I usually don't whine for online multi in Nintendo games, but I'm pretty confident that Pikmin 3 having online multiplayer would extend the game's replayability even further for me. I also can't help but wish that they'd just ripped off some of these maps for challenge mode, small as they are. It would balance out the insanely long stages that the third DLC got.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 15, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Help Im Alive posted:

Man I've been playing Wario Land 4 for the first time and it's like ridiculously good. (The only other one I ever had was WL2) Is that one Wario Land game they released on Wii any good? There was a DS one too I think but I heard that one was bad.

I personally think Shake It! Is a stronger, more replayable experience than 4. 4 is faster, and arguably slightly more fun in those high-speed segments, but the level design intrigue is, in my opinion, comparatively lacking. Shake It! has multiple different design conceits (some adopted from 4) that work incredibly well with one another (treasure collecting, gold collecting, forward-and-back level design, its rather unique "missions," some stuff concerning enemy placement, and some specificities of movement), and it's more than capable of being hard as balls. Not to mention the generally excellent soundtrack and timeless artstyle co-created with Production IG.

tl;dr Yes. Good Feel is good.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The OP should really be updated with the refurbished stuff.
I'm pretty sure AngryCaterpillar straight-up does not care about the thread OP anymore and will not update it. If we want a better OP, someone will just have to create a brand new thread.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 15, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

CatsPajamas posted:

This really needs to be the new title of the thread. Actually like people have mentioned the OP is way out of date, and we've passed 1000 pages. Might be a good time for a new thread.

I've been brainstorming for a new OP. I'd like to overhaul the organization for the "Games" section to make it more compact without the incredibly ugly empty space it leaves, but I'm at a bit of a loss of how to approach that without getting rid of the cover art entirely.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Comrade Flynn posted:

I don't seem to be seeing my deluxe points? Where do they show up?

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

Right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Ultigonio posted:

I've been brainstorming for a new OP. I'd like to overhaul the organization for the "Games" section to make it more compact without the incredibly ugly empty space it leaves, but I'm at a bit of a loss of how to approach that without getting rid of the cover art entirely.

To follow up on this, yes I am actually starting to work on a new OP for a new Wii U discussion thread and will do that unless people think it's a huge waste of time. Figured I'd put that in bold so people don't miss it and we don't end up with something horrific like having multiple people posting new Wii U general discussion threads at the same time.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 16, 2014

• Locked thread