Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I've never played Monster Hunter before and I'm having a ton of fun beating up the bunny with all the different weapon types. Just trying to understand the difference in how I need to act between extremes like dualswords and gunlance is a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Is there any reason to get Mighty Switch Force on Wii U if I have it on 3DS?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

They could theoretically put every single one on there, since the Gamepad has all the features needed for Mega Microgames, Twisted, Touched and DIY, and the system supports Wii Remotes for Smooth Moves.

I mean, they won't put every one on there. But they could do a best-of collection certainly.

I'm imagining 9-Volt reaching under his covers and pulling out a different colored GBA or DS to play a different version of WarioWare on and it makes perfect sense.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Half the games in Nintendo Land are single player games, and half of the multiplayer games are coop ones which can be played single player.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Is there a wiimote charging dock that works with the rubber condom on? Or any that comes recommended with batteries?

I like having the cradle for my gamepad.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

As far as I know, Skylanders doesn't actually use the NFC standard and the figures won't be compatible with the Gamepad.

In fact, the next Skylanders game is even going to require a new base and the old one won't even work anymore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Crowbear posted:

So in this hypothetical Wii U version of Skylanders you wouldn't actually be able to use the gamepad to play, right? Don't the figures need to sit on the "portal" to work?

Seems like a clunky setup.

It could be a quick "scan" type thing instead. Skylanders requires the constant connection because it saves xp or whatever and you can swap out at any time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

This is why you can only put higher ammounts in your wallet in the store.

You can pay the exact amount on both the Wii U and 3DS. There's a big button that says something like 'Add Remaining Funds'.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

Is anyone else disheartened by the news that Miyamoto is working on Pikmin cartoons and he wants to finish those before releasing Pikmin 3? It's like, who's running the show over there where they think working on non interactive cartoons is a good use of their top developer's time?

It's nice Miyamoto gets to do fun things he likes, but is this seriously a factor in Pikmin 3's delay?(I'm guessing probably not literally, just Miyamoto's typical enthusiasm coming across that way in translation)

Isn't he mostly an adviser and name on most projects by now?

A lot of the Iwata Asks interviews over the last few years of Mario games made it sound like the teams work on their own and then show things to him afterwards. Or just ask him for approval beforehand on really broad things.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sly Pistachio posted:

I would hope so. Miyamoto seems to be getting a bit senile I'm afraid.

...Yes, I am still holding the Paper Mario: Sticker Star fiasco against him.

Sticker Star rules, dummy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Well that's the thing though -- if you go read the Sticker Star Iwata Asks, IntSys had "just what they did in TTYD" running on the 3DS, but then Miyamoto came along and told them they should cut that back and do something entirely different instead, using only characters that appeared in early Mario games (read: SMB1).

I didn't know Wiggler and Kamek were from Mario 1.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FPzero posted:

It took me this long to realize that Game & Wario's title is a pun on the Game & Watch handhelds.

:negative:

It's not a very good pun.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Artix posted:

And on a unrelated note, I would really appreciate it if the Wii U's "Power down after downloads are finished" option worked, Nintendo. 60% is not "finished." Now I have to wait another two and half hours before I can play Lego City.

Maybe the 1 hour no activity shutdown happened instead?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chronojam posted:

Battlefield 3 literally tells you to click to shoot the gun whenever you hop into a tank, it's nearly to the point of parody, honestly.

I watched a stream of Bioshock Infinite and there was an amazing amount of text on screen at all times giving tips on how to play, at one point there was two separate things saying LOW ON AMMO in the middle of the screen at the same time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

This is fine, though? The frustration of someone who doesn't understand games very much getting confused is worse than your "I KNOW HOW TO PLAY, GAME" rage by an order of magnitude.

It was seriously enough text at all times that it's probably training people to never read it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Any time someone talks about a game in this thread, they get told to take to to some other thread. If talking about what a failure Nintendo is were banned as well, there would be no reason for this thread to exist.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

How the hell do you suck at Assassin's Creed? Those games practically play themselves.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The original WarioWare doesn't use any funny controls and is a great game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Edit: Also I don't believe "But it's a POKEMON MMO. POKEMON can sell anything!" matters in a world where a STAR WARS MMO fell on its face.

Unlike EA, Nintendo knows how to keep their budgets reasonable.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

This is the worst thread in games, 90% of the posts are poo poo posts and passive aggressive attempts to start the same arguing over and over. If you think i'm wrong, look at the vita thread where they can have discussion without 15-20 reminders every page about how the vita is doing poorly.

It doesn't help that any time people start actually talking about games, they are told to take it to another thread about that specific game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

Whatever you do, no matter which company you love, do not under any circumstances be excited about E3. That way lies madness.

I'm excited for the funniest E3 in years.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I miss Cammie.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

That's what Pokemon look like in Pokemon Rumble games, which are games about actual Pokemon toys fighting.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I mention sales and free things in every single Club Nintendo survey, so you can thank me for the near weekly sales they have on 3DS eshop now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

All I'm saying is

I should hope everyone in this thread knows exactly what you are saying, considering you've made the same post nearly 400 times now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I wanna hang out with Miku and Luigi.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nonsense posted:

That they didn't even include Gamestop says it all. People might not be in love with GS, but it makes a good deal of sense to put them there more than at loving Best Buy.

Nintendo already does this stuff with Best Buy, it is an existing business relationship. They have a NintendoZone app for 3DS that is useless unless you go into a Best Buy and connect to their network, and you can download demos and get coupons and poo poo like that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I tried to use the NintendoZone once and felt like a giant weirdo and then it didn't work.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I liked the demo and it sold me on the game. Go beat up the bunny.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

You will probably want to make sure you get Wii Remote Plus instead of a normal Wii Remote, as more games will probably be requiring it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 5, 2013

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

See, I think using a game to re-establish Ducktales with today's kids is a great idea, I just don't get why they're trying to do it with a $15 digital-only remake of a NES game. Why not just go the whole hog and make a full-on modern retail game rather than half-arsing it like this?

EDIT: okay I know why, Epic Mickey is why, but still

I don't think they are trying to re-establish Ducktales, I think they are trying to sell a cheap to make game to nerds who get excited easily.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Having a special internet just for 10 year old Mario fans is really cool, please don't make a joke of it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

No, you don't get it, they need to drop you into the level with no explanation or context LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. :goonsay:

They should, and then maybe you could ask your friends for help, or Miiverse. Could be fun.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

There's another room which is the glass tube room but already blown up. I think thats supposed to be a natural hint, but most people won't recognize the relation between the two rooms.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

For some reason it didn't register for me that it was a blown up glass tube in the other room until after I blew it up, but that might just be on me.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I think it's intended to be a hint but it doesn't work.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

This was actually my first time playing all the way through Super Metroid and I did ask my friends about some things. I was a bit ashamed but in the end I think it made it more fun for me and it was fun for them to help me.

After I beat it, one of them streamed getting 100% as fast as he could.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

In the Iwata Asks for one of the Olympics games they mentioned how the swimming events were a total pain in the arse because Sega's "brand supervisor" kept insisting that Sonic was canonically unable to swim, so they had to try and come up with all sorts of ridiculous contrivances that would explain why he was able to participate. I think they gave him an inflatable life vest or something?

He wears arm floaty things like a toddler, which is really funny and cute and I'm glad they had those arguments.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Xavier434 posted:

So you guys are suggesting that his job security is immune due to this reputation unlike the great many other people out there both inside and outside of the industry who got canned (sometimes unofficially) for posting something unprofessional on the public internet? Anything is possible and I am not as familiar with him as you all are, but it just strikes me as unlikely in this age.

He does this every day and also often posts false info which gaming news sites beleive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

flare posted:

I think I've completely given up on trying to find any kind of discounted Wiimote. Checked 2 K-Marts, they both had fling smash for $50 or $60. Guess I'll just pay full price.

I got a new Wiimote Plus off of ebay for $25. Be careful not to get a fake!

• Locked thread