Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Farewell, Racquel. She's exfoliating ugliness in a better place now, guys.

Speaking of Divas, the reason Skylar Moon's profile has been removed and she's been absent from twitter and the like for a while is that she's in rehab.

http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/09/27/shaul-guerrero-asks-for-receives-wwe-release/

quote:

Further to the post earlier, we’ve received troubling word that Skyler/Buggy has, in fact, been checked into WWE sponsored rehab, which would explain her profile being gone from the NXT website and her absence from social media for the last month. It brings us no pleasure to report this news, but we hope she can deal with her issues. Her current status either in her rehab program or with the company at large remains unclear, but we wish her all the best at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Someone on another forum who's friends with her irl mentioned that she had been upset about leaving home and that literally nobody had heard from her for close to the last month (presumably because she's been in rehab) and that for the most part he'd only seen her get drunk a few times. That makes it sound more like she was just incredibly homesick which probably led to depression and drinking.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

So Hawkins, Hunico, and now Bateman? Apparently being a barely used WWE low carder is a danger on your legs.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Good God the ring announcer on NXT is atrocious. Who is that?

Summer Rae. Former lingerie football player, former GM of FCW.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that that one woman loving HATED Leakee/Roman Reigns.

YOU SUCK ROMAN! YOU SUCK! YOU SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Also Striker trying to do his best Fink impression.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Nick Rogers has been released too along with a couple of other guys.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

The NXT link is for the 11/7 show.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

njsykora posted:

Enjoyed the show? Cheered? Booed? These are revolutionary ideas to some crowds these days.

It basically seems like your modern wrestling fan goes out of their way to show that they're not a mark which basically means being as much of an annoying doofus as possible.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Curtis FINALLY cashing in his tag team title shot! I was cracking up during his entrance, I think he'll make Fandango work as a goofy midcard act.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Conor O'Brian has no luck does he?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't see Cameron coming back to WWE/NXT. Battery against a cop is a serious offense in Florida. It's considered a third degree felony, and you have to serve up to five years in the pokey, and I doubt Cameron will get off easy. :cop:

Well Wade did.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Couldn't battery just mean he did something like drunkenly shove a cop as opposed to trying to beat the poo poo out of one? I figure that's far more likely than him swinging on the police.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Just realized watching the show again that Xavier Woods is billed as being from Angel Grove, California. And that he trained in Hip Hop Kido under Zach Taylor.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

VogeGandire posted:

Wasn't Bronson the guy who looked like Duke Nukem?

If so, he was ready for a world title run just for his look.

Bronson was the kind of big/rotund looking dude with the bald head and psuedo MMA gimmick.

Edit: Actually he's still there.

Suben fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 10, 2012

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

The ending for NXT was hot as gently caress but at the same time I'm wishing it allowed Rollins vs. Graves to go on longer and not end in a DQ since they only got about 4 or 5 minutes and what they had was pretty good.

Kidd/Gabriel vs. Ohno/Kruger was an awesome TV match.

Sasha Banks has looked good in both of her squashes showing a lot of fire when she does her little brief comeback flurries and the lucha armdrag and cazadora are both pretty cool and should help make her stand out from the other Divas for reasons other than looks or personality.

Skipped the opening match because :geno: Bo Dallas :geno: .

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

njsykora posted:

Bo is the second coming of Lucky Cannon.

But Bo doesn't have a cape.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Perigryn posted:

You guys mean Audrey Marie, don't you? I think she was briefly in one of the Wyatt promos.

We also have Davina Rose incoming and Anja still hasn't been on tv yet.

Anya's worked a few house shows and by all accounts she's bad. Really, really, really bad. As in she'd make Khali look like a good worker.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

VogeGandire posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

:stare:

Here's a description of a match she had with Audrey Marie back in October.

quote:

The match went about 5 minutes but it felt 20. The only thing Anya could do right is the boot in the corner. She didn't sell one move. You could see Audrey tell her "give me your leg" so she could do a take down for the finish. When Audrey won, she looked so relieved and Anya just got up and went to the back. No way should she have been in the ring when Paige was right there.

Someone else who was there referred to her as a female Raja Lion.

TheHock posted:

Of the four Austrailian women I've seen work in the U.S., she's easily the least talented one. It's kind of baffling that WWE signed her over the others, but she's not awful.

She's a Lance Storm trainee which is probably why.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

njsykora posted:

Bo Dallas was on the Smackdown house show tonight. So that happened. He has horrific red and yellow trunks now.

Bo Dallas, Dallas is America's Team, America = American, red and yellow trunks...

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

That Corkscrew SSP was prettier than last week's, Oliver Grey looks pretty good too. I like how Drew moves around like he is wasted after a rock concert

I actually enjoyed Grey working Heath's arm more than the corkscrew SSP. Keeping it through a body slam and judo toss and poo poo was just really nice.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

There's absolutely no sense of gravitas or importance - at best she's monotone, and at worst she sounds kind of confused. I assume she's pretty or something, though I can't actually recall ever having seen her on camera.

Summer Rae is bad at ring announcing and is kind of... generically pretty I guess. She looks like what you'd get if you fused Kelly Kelly and Michelle McCool into one person.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's gonna be Bo Dallas isn't it. Sigh.

Him or Leo Kruger probably.

Personally I'm hoping for Corey Graves.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

The tag tournament has made me a fan of Oliver Grey. I love his arm work and he's really good at playing face in peril.

Also some of Summer Rae's offense looked sloppy (like the falling arm breaker deal) but she actually didn't look bad working over Paige's arm/shoulder otherwise and she's at least got the ultra-bitch mannerisms perfected.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

He started a few months ago. Apparently also calls a lot of games for St. Johns.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Xaiver Woods has the best theme

That Technotronic sounding deal goes well with the rest of his "90s dude" gimmick.

Edit: Speaking of themes Conor O'Brien's new one is pretty good too.

Suben fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 21, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Went to the NXT show in Melbourne tonight. Generico (unmasked) was one of the ticket takers.

Flair was there but I wound up not waiting in line for an autograph due to it being too long but I was right next to the entranceway so hey at least I was right there when he came out for the Charlotte/Summer Rae vs. Paige/Sasha Banks match. Kind of messed up the dynamic though because the crowd wound up cheering for the heels because of Charlotte (who sucks but does a better figure four than The Miz) being Flair's daughter. Also some dude got into a jawing match with Mason Ryan for like 30 seconds during Ryan's entrance which wound up cracking him up.

Don't know when/if it'll happen on TV but Ohno and Kruger are faces now and were really over. Kruger came off more as a wildman type and their finisher (can't remember if it's been used on TV or not) was Kruger doing an inverted atomic drop while Ohno cracks the dude with an elbow. Aiden English (who was one of their opponents with Axl Keegan) was loving hilarious too as a sort of nise Sandow except instead of a pretentious intellectual he's a pretentious theater actor. Conor O'Brian was playing face in the main event (him vs. Wyatt vs. Graves) too.

Mojo Rawley (who worked the opener against Knuckles Madsen) isn't anything great or horrible in the ring but is super-energetic which made him pretty fun to watch. He won the match using Finlay's seated senton.

Suben fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 25, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Fart Radio posted:

Also, it broke my heart when I asked the red-headed, really-happy-to-be-there usher if Generico was wrestling and he said no. Big bummer. But that usher was really nice, and definitely not El Generico.

Right yeah, I think I jumped the gun and just assumed. I KNOW he knows a masked Mexican wrestler who helps orphans though I'm thinking he may just be King's translator or something. Silly me.

One of the best was some kids behind where I was sitting who were just way into everything that was going on and kept calling Rawley "Big Blue" (because he's big and wears blue trunks you see). There was also a group of young girls on the other side of the entranceway who I think had crushes on Dante Dash because they (and they alone) kept chanting "Let's go Dante!" throughout his match; then one of them got picked to do the pre-main event raffle. :3:

Surprisingly I think the most over person who wasn't Flair was Emma who was doing co-hosting duties with Byron and also ring announcing. The crowd loved her goofy dance and any time she came out would break out into "Emma!" chants.

Liar Lyre posted:

NXT house shows must be super weird. I hope Ohno and Krueger stay heel. Krueger especially plays creepy perfectly.

He worked pretty well as a face actually as basically this WOOFing beastman/crazy person scaring the poo poo out of English who kept yelling at Kassius and/or the ref to "Get that beast under control!" and the crowd was completely eating it up. He came off more like a rabid dog waiting to be unleashed. English's act is pretty drat entertaining too.

Really if you're in Florida and there's an NXT show in the area go because I've been to this one and a few FCW shows when they've been over here and it's always been really fun.

Edit: Bonus kid story: CJ Parker and Enzo Amore were working the merch table and this kid is looking through a program and realizes that Amore's a wrestler. He looks at him and goes "Whoa, you're famous!" points him out in the program and is like "See, you're in here!" and Amore says something like "Yeah, so I'm not actually here. I'm CGI." and then signs it for the kid.

Suben fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 25, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Oh man, Judas Devlin is hilarious - what a terrible look.

I think his gimmick at the show I saw him at was as some kind of pretentiously disingenous/"deep" guy from Berkeley or something to that effect so in all fairness his look making him that much more annoying works.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

njsykora posted:

It has to be said, the "We told you so" smugness coming from dirtsheet writers and some indy guys is loving sickening.

Why? Him ever keeping the gimmick or mask was always going to be a longshot and often times when guys get signed they'll usually do a house show or two under their indy gimmick before being given something more "appropriate" when it's time to really use them.

Sears Poncho posted:

They could just be trying it out, I can't imagine they'd just take the mask option off the table lightly because of merchandise and what not.

This is a company that doesn't like wrestlers having the same first name for the most part because they think it'll confuse people. I'm honestly surprised Sin Cara kept a mask too because with masked wrestlers it's generally been a case of "we have Rey Mysterio so our masked wrestler quota is fulfilled; having more guys with masks dillutes it and having a heel with a mask means we can't sell it as merch".

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

rotinaj posted:

If nothing else, he's got a good look.

Except he really doesn't. He's a great wrestler with or without the mask but Rami Sebei (or whatever his WWE name winds up being): The Skinny and Kind of Goofy-Looking Redheaded French-Canadian is probably going to be a harder sell to people than El Generico: The Goofy But Extremely Talented Luchadore with the Cool Mask.

WWE's insistence that they own every gimmick for every guy who appears for them whether they came up with it before going to the WWE or not (I think it was mentioned earlier in another thread that they wanted to own Honky Tonk Man's gimmick recently as part of getting him to sign a Legends deal or whatever) and/or that they can only have one or two of a certain kind of guy is just really annoying. Like was said earlier for guys like Bryan, Ohno, and Cesaro the change is fine because their "gimmicks" were easy enough to translate regardless of name. With Generico, however, taking his entire look away from him, something that helps him stand out as more than just another skinny white dude from the indies, is just kind of dumb. You've still got a great wrestler but if great wrestling alone got you over to WWE crowds then, say, Cesaro wouldn't be getting mild reactions. Whereas, as has been mentioned a thousand times, for a company pushing itself to kids El Generico as a character would have a lot of appeal.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Emma's "she's off in her own little world/kind of bad/maybe on drugs?" gimmick is pretty entertaining. And really Summer Rae's good at her gimmick and out of others with the same sort of one (i.e. Michelle McCool or Maryse) I think she pulls it off the best. She should just be a manager or valet for right now; I don't think she looks completely hopeless in the ring but she should still be training and MAYBE working house shows and not be on TV.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

I don't really think it's the same gimmick. Storm's was more "They say I'm boring but really I'm fun" whereas Emma's is more about her being really goddamn weird or on drugs or something that just has her as being generally out of it.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

I almost spit out my tea when she tried to do the rope-assisted flip into the ring.

That loving dance is going to get her over and already looks like it's starting to.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Bayley seems decent enough - I'm not sure where she came from, but the more ladies who don't look lost in the ring, the better.

She worked a couple of Shimmer tapings (well and indies) before being signed.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Emma's gimmick is the best thing going in NXT right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_mcQZM0ipY

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

I don't think he's really even wrestled a whole lot since being signed mostly being used as an interviewer. I enjoyed his tag team with Maddox though where he was portrayed as the incompetent goof who Maddox hated.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Going by the match listing I've seen I'd say NXT this week is completely skippable.

Divas Title Match - Kaitlyn vs. Natalya

Brodus Clay vs. El Local

Randy Orton vs. Damien Sandow

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

I Before E posted:

Him, USA Guy, and if the recent rumors are true, Mascarita Dorada, should form a face stable called the North American Free Fighting Alliance, and feud with Swagger, if only for the paranoid ranting promos from Zeb about how they are a plot by the NWO to create a North American Union and institute the Amero. I really want them to just go fullbore conspiracy theorist with Zeb and Swagger after Mania.

WWE's apparently pretty high on Mojo Rawley who was pretty fun/energetic (if green) when I saw him at an NXT show so I've been hoping that they just team him up with Bateman and call them Party in the USA.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

It's been suggested before but I really want them to call Emma up and pair her with Fandango.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Well, to be fair, "way better than K2" isn't exactly a bar that's set very high. :v:

I haven't seen her work since FCW was taken off of Bright House during the transition to NXT, and at that point in time she was pretty much just a GM figure, so there's definitely room for her to be impressive as far as I'm concerned.

She only just started wrestling feuding with Paige on NXT. She's obviously super green but shows promise in actually working a body part over (and hitting a bad spinning kick as a finisher...) with her gimmick basically being somewhere between Maryse's and Michelle McCool's which she plays up well.

• Locked thread