Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Also several teams don't even have players who start with sure hands! Thro-ras are a trap, while we're on the subject of sure hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I kind of want to try khorne because of my frenzy-lust, but I'm not entirely sure I want to give cyanide more money =/.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

cKnoor posted:

Starplayers, teamrosters, interface, ease of use and so on. :smug:

Don't forget the game mechanic breaking bugs!

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

uPen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0xHqTshgA

This is a pretty good overview on blitz mode and why you shouldn't play it or anything else Cyanide has free reign to design.

Blitz mode is loving bad, but yeah that video I feel is a pretty good representation of the mode.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
2 minute turns are fine if you have two players that know what they're doing and its not an important game to either of them. I mean normally my turns are under 90s, but sometimes you just need time to plan a reasonable play set up surfs.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

gredgie posted:

It's this sort of thing that unsettles me as a newcomer. What with all the "that's a bad choice fella" potential :P.
But I guess the idea of being new with anything is to make these bad choices so I realize why they were bad and therefore learn.

Having 4 ghouls isn't terrible or anything, it's just not the ~optimal~ build. Really you've got the right attitude, just remember to give in to the inevitable rage.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Would there be any interest in starting up Goon Fumbbl League season 3? Probably only do fresh teams though.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
You bads need to stop playing the ai and come to the irc channel to play some real games.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Muscle Tracer posted:

And if you're trying to get a better feel for strategy, watch the LPs. Agent's current one is a little less education-focused, but Cknoor's and Yapo's both went into pretty solid detail about how and why they did what they did.

Muscle tracer is my only bro in this thread :colbert:

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

uPen posted:

Side step is broken in cyanide during chainpushes, it only activates if the player you're punching has sidestep. If you chainpush a sidestepper he sometimes won't use the skill. I'm not sure what the activation case for it is, I've had it work on ottd chainpushes but more complicated ones to surf I've had it not turn on.

Yeah, Cyanide is all sorts of hosed up with sidestep on chain pushes. I've surfed my own side-step dudes because of it =/

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
DDDDDDDDDDDouble post!

Not technically Chaos Edition, but if y'all feel like playing some more league blood bowl we are starting up season 3 of Goon Fumbbl League here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3556963

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

GNU Order posted:

I took my thoughts on getting started with Blood Bowl and put them into a flowchart. Feel free to analyze the poo poo out of it.

The general idea is that you want to start with humans until you get a good feel for them, then start working your way down. It's not perfect, but it basically represents what I think is the best way to introduce yourself to a given team. By no means am I saying "You must play elves and high elves before you can play delves", go ahead a skip some teams if you don't want to play them, but if you're trying out elfs for the first time it couldn't hurt.

e- replace the bottom right "Orc" with "Halflings"

Oh I forgot Skaven, put them on their own path connected to "Elf" with "Insane Speed, High Specialization"

I would put Norse off the specialization branch from orcs as glass cannons.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Wooper posted:

You mean the one at the bottom that should say halfers right?

Hardly, halfers are more sturdy than Norse and do more damage.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Also depends entirely on the TV for bashing. Don't worry too much about your first team. Unless you are a blood bowl savant you will do silly things and they'll die and you'll give them silly skills. Once you learn the ropes you'll have a much better idea which team is for you and you'll want to start over anyhow.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I think that's part of the problem with blood bowl leagues. You get people who want to play Serious Business to win, and you get people who want to play fun and/or gimmick teams, but the two types of players rarely enjoy games against each other.

I know I stall a bit, but I just can't bring myself to embrace the 2-1 grind because I think it's tedious as gently caress. I would much rather have giant fights for the ball and crazy plays. I think I even conceded the last serious game I played because I just didn't have the patience for it.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Roshambo posted:

I can't wait to have another go at this. Who's going to man up and play Vampires this season? I'm upgrading to Nurgle so I still have an excuse when I don't make the playoffs.

Nurgle are bad and you should feel bad.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Washout posted:

Yeah it never dies, you should all get into IRC, wel regulars all have each others SKYPE names set up but I'm sure most people will be willing to talk to you right in IRC and join your teamspeak too.

I have not been playing lately because I'm in Hawaii now and I tried to do a Lets play and failed miserably. But I've been thinking of playing again.

People are actually starting to play again a bit. I think we may be starting into the nth blood bowl revival.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I'll end up buying it if cyanide puts in more lovely gimmick modes (2v2 I'm looking at you)

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Also there are still sidestep and frenzy bugs that they haven't bothered to do anything about.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I preordered the collectors edition of UT3, suck it nerds.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
The more I learn about Blood Bowl II, the less desire I ever have to play a Cyanide game ever again.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

TravBot posted:

Whatever version it is, it only starts with 6 races: Skaven, WElf, Human, Ork, Chaos, and Hitler.

Read a little more closely. It starts with only humans and orcs and the other four teams are DLC.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Yeah, there is no hard cap. Spiraling expenses make a pretty good soft cap about the time you hit 2200 or so.

Personally I have a 3100TV goblin team.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Russad posted:

Anyone with more internet savvy than myself know if there's any update on the tablet version? They announced it would be coming in "early July", and Googling it just gets me the same series of articles from July 2nd or so indicating it's coming. Didn't know if there was some secret twitter or something that you kids with your technology knew about.

It will only have humans and orcs base, the other 4 teams will be DLC. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Fat Samurai posted:

Well, they won't, but you'll win in skull bashed in, which is the only BB scoring that matters.

Skaven actually have a secret alternate win condition: if you injure enough players they have to put SV or gunners on the line, you still win.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

NiknudStunod posted:

Our last goon bowl ended about 4 or 5 months ago as well. I think the lack of a new league admin is the only thing holding up another season.

I would do it but last time I tried like 10 people dropped the first week.

Also I hate all of you.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Most serious players will try to manage their TV to some degree. With Norse I fire all non double linos and drop to two rerolls as soon as my thrower gets leader.

But that may just be because I'm a sperg.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I think we're up to 4 LPs that have intro videos talking about how to play and stuff. Its actually how a lot of us got in to the game.

cKnoor's original: http://lparchive.org/Blood-Bowl/

My bloodbowl videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/blackmageyapo/videos

Agent355s videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRmyqfv-yKBd5pglS5CLHRLwNLM_Cqhzo

And GNUOrder's was linked the next post up. His is still ongoing.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Coolguye posted:

e: Unless you're Yapo and all your SPP is on one norse thrower with a terrible name, so when he dies on the pitch it's a SAD DAY for you but a great one for everyone else.

My players have names?!? I should probably bother to learn them at some point.

Also bloaty as hell throwers are a tradition on my otherwise super spergy min max teams.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I agree. The claw-piling on-mighty blow combination is problematic, and piling on might be the key thing there. A fix could be as simple as saying that piling on doesn't combo with MB/Claw, e.g., you force that armor roll but it's a normal one when you're piling on.

Another option might be that claw doesn't combo with mighty blow, although I expect a lot more people would have a problem with that.

If PO were a special foul action, it'd have to be different from the other foul skills in some way that makes it interesting but not always better (or always worse).

I like the idea of PO being like, +2 on a foul but puts you on the ground.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Magnetic North posted:

The real blood bowl players know what's up.

Nuffle hate us, every one.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Norse and Amazon are bad teams at 2000+ TV, sure. But by that measure anything that's not chaos basically loses out. Saying they're bad because Norse only wreck faces up to 1500 is dumb and misses the point of a game aimed for limited duration leagues.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Victor Vermis posted:

Not in the current edition of the game, no. They've been announced as one of the Blood Bowl 2 teams available at launch. No word on what they'll look like, but rosters like this one have been around for a while.

Wow that is a weird roster. Bashy skill access but AV 7-8 and start with anti-bash skills?

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Leperflesh posted:

Probably they figured putting a new team into the game will attract people from playing BB1 which obviously has way more teams.

What's the over/under on number of day one DLC teams?

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

JT Jag posted:

I will buy Blood Bowl 2 immediately if it displays what you need to roll when you try to dodge instead of just a big red square, especially if it comes with other UI improvements on top of that. I will wait for it to go on sale otherwise.

Fumbbl does that already. Also lawlin if you don't know all the agility modifiers and formula by heart.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

siggy2021 posted:

6-agility is what you need to roll. Add 1 for each tackle zone you dodge into (don't dodge into tackle zones)

Not officially. Your roll + agility + modifiers has to be 7 or greater. Dodging has a built in +1 modifier. Same with almost all ball rolls.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Corte posted:

I got LE so it's 3 races for $7.99 only one of which looks really appealing to me. Definitely worth it for those looking to pick up the game though!

Yeah, as fun as khorn would be I don't wanna give cyanide more money, but it's a solid deal if you don't have it yet

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Sushipants posted:

Alternatively, play Nurgle and make elf teams miserable by standing near them.

Never play Nurgle. Skaven are pro as hell, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Send him in to the IRC and tell him to fumbbl. He'll either learn how to play or quit bloodbowl forever.

• Locked thread