Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

C-Euro posted:

With the WiiU and its download service getting underway, has Nintendo announced any plans to pull the plug on the regular Wii Shop? There's a few VC games I've been meaning to download but haven't bothered to yet, and I'm not getting a WiiU anytime soon.

Considering they just started selling the mini Wii, I would hope not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Zaa Boogie posted:

You do know that the mini Wii has no internet capability, right?

Oh, seriously? Well then.

I really can't wrap my head around why they'd release a stunted version of a Wii right after releasing their new system. It seems like it's going to double the already-inevitable confusion this holiday season.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

what's a SHMUP?

Shoot-em-up.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The T posted:

Clicked through the link, saw Checkers, laughed to myself, but then was immediatelly disappointed. I can't play Chess in 3D! :v:

We need a 3DS remake of Battle Chess!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mr E posted:

Still shows up in my "To-Do List" :shrug:.

Based on the context of the conversation, I think it was safe to assume that they were referring to once Club Nintendo actually ends...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

less laughter posted:

Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies is the best eShop exclusive.

You got my hopes up, making me think there was a Phoenix Wright game for Wii U. :(

Also, it's not exclusive, it's also on ios.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Wee Bairns posted:

I hope this is a glitch in the completely overrun system...
Yesterday I managed to log in and almost get to purchase Earthbound. I still had 1100 coins, so all good. Before I could redeem, the site crashed, surprise surprise .
When I managed to log in last night, briefly, it claims my balance is 0 coins, and I'm 300 from Gold status.
Im assuming it's website shenanigans.

Yeah, the site's been doing the same for me repeatedly, but I was still able to make a redemption after that. So I think your coin balance is still safe!

If you can get the site to load properly, that is... I just tried to make another redemption and it said that I needed 200 more coins. Bah.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 3, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

Weird, I just downloaded and did the survey for Lucadian Chronicles and it gave me 0 coins. The survey said it would give me 10 but I got nothing. This isn't like the normal little hiccups, it's actually listed on my Accounts & Coins page with 0.

Wonder if they turned the free stuff off.

Are you sure it was the post play survey and not the product registration survey? The first survey you get for it says that it gives 0 coins. (I haven't gotten the post play survey yet, but I assume it's still to come.)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mr E posted:

I have 200 coins after getting Super Metroid/Earthbound. I have no idea what to get now; I have all the Marios.

If you're into RPGs and haven't played Golden Sun, it's pretty good!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Artix posted:

Counterpoint: Golden Sun is mediocre at best and its main selling points are looking pretty good for a GBA game and having a decent soundtrack. It was released at a point where it was the first and only "real" RPG for the system, and you're really only getting half the game, as The Lost Age pretty much picks up right where Golden Sun ends and you are very much expected to play both of them to get the full story. If you've got nothing else, it's fine, but don't set that bar too high or you're going to be disappointed.

Eh, I like it. I'd rate it higher than mediocre. It definitely is only half of a game, though, story-wise.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

numerrik posted:

are people able to get onto club nintendo? When I try the website has been saying it's down for maintenance for like a week now.

I've also been unable to get on it at all for like half a week, just getting the maintenance page.

(Oh, just checked and it's finally working for me again, though!)

Chinook posted:

Do you mean that blue message bar at the top? That's just a "yeah, we know it's kinda janky, hold your horses" message.

Not the banner, for me, it had been redirecting to a full-page thing saying that the site was down for maintenance.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

greatn posted:

The code is on the inside of the box cover

elf help book posted:

Is it on the inside of the case cover paper?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I only got my Wii U recently, it was the version that came bundled with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendoland... one came with a code, one didn't. But I'm pretty sure both games are supposed to have it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Was Earthbound always 250 coins? I had thought it was 200.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

TL posted:

Looking to burn off my 400 points, how is Golden Sun? I really enjoy 16-bit era JRPGs, wanted to know if it's any good.

I like it, but when I brought it up in the thread a few pages ago, everyone else seemed less than enthused.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Jet Force Gemini

This is exactly what I was going to say. I miss that game.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

less laughter posted:

A company does something for no reason that only hampers the end user experience, where do I sign up to give them a blowjob?

....are hate and blowjobs the only two options, in your mind?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I just played through it a year or so ago, it definitely aged fine.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - $3.99

Just to note, I just went to get this game, and it's $5.99.

Edit: Actually, looking on my 3DS, Persona Q and SMT Soul Hackers are also not the price listed either... I guess Canada gets higher prices than the US? :canada:

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 17, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

azurite posted:

I think you need to own another game on that list for the sale price to show. I had a Guacamelee code from the Humble Bundle that I redeemed to get the sale price on Shantae.

I have both Mighty Switch Force games, so that shouldn't be the problem.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

deadwing posted:

It's return to dreamland, crystal shards, and squeak squad :buddy:

Have they said which eshop they're going to be on?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

What a creepy/pathetic line of conversation for this thread to have taken.

Ace Attorney Trilogy - $22.49
Ace Attorney Dual Destinies - $16.79

Does anyone know if there are any plans for the Edgeworth/Apollo Justice games to get eshop releases?

I would think it would at least make sense to make the Apollo Justice one available to go with Dual Destinies!

I've only recently become addicted to the series, and just ordered those two from amazon... I can't wait to check them out.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Like on Wii U? It's theoretically possible I guess but there's been no indication of it.

Make sure to play the Fan Translation of the second Edgeworth game once you're finished with those two.

I was thinking 3DS, that's what I have Trilogy/Dual Destinies on.

I mean, I guess the games are available for DS still, but they're not exactly easy to find in stores, at least where I live.

And ooh, I didn't know that existed, thanks for mentioning it.

Speaking of... I guess there are no plans for an official English release of that?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Motto posted:

They can, actually, they just won't. In Japan Days of Ruin was DSiWare through club nintendo.

And WarioWare: Snapped is on the eshop.

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah I know they have the physical capability, but they decided to do DS virtual console on Wii U instead of 3DS for whatever reason and I don't see them changing their minds about that.

Ugh, Nintendo's bizarre stubbornness is the worst thing about them.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

They don't release DS games digitally on 3DS.

And no, Edgeworth 2 will never be released officially in English.

Capcom should just make an Ace Attorney Trilogy 2 for 3DS that has Apollo Justice and the two Edgeworth games.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Anora posted:

Has anyone that is complaining about it actually played it on the 3DS? I notice that Kelp and I both have it, and aren't having those issues with it.

Yeah, I was going to say, all of the in-thread reviews when Binding of Isaac first came out seemed to indicate that it wasn't that bad at all, people were just expecting it to be really buggy.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Um, is Nintendo not aware that there were games on the previous generation of consoles that allowed 16-player multiplayer?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

16-player local multiplayer?

With a LAN. Pretty easy with some ethernet cables and a few TVs.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Augus posted:

What are they gonna do, advertise it as "less than 16 players can play locally or online!"?

I was more taking issue with "The biggest couch-multiplayer experience you've ever seen" being the subject line of the email... I just found it funny that it was talking it up in a way that made me think of the fact that it wasn't even as many max players as a multiplayer game from the previous gen.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 29, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Box of Bunnies posted:

when people think "couch mutliplayer" they dont tend to think lugging like four televisions and systems around

But you can only play up to 4 local multiplayer on Runbow, right?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

You have a hosed up definition of "pretty easy"

Have you ever been to a LAN party? It's not exactly rocket science system linking xbox consoles.

If you have 8-16 people getting together to play video games, chances are a few of them will have relatively portable TVs and ethernet cables.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 30, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fremry posted:

"Pretty easy" is not transporting televisions and game consoles to another destination. "Pretty easy" is "the console allows 8 controllers to be connected wirelessly".

They're both pretty easy. It's not mutually exclusive. And it's not like the ad said anything about it being the easiest multiplayer experience out there, anyways.

A local multiplayer experience can still be bigger even if it takes a few minutes more setup.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Getting together that many people and shlepping enough TVs and cables around to set poo poo up is not "pretty easy" compared to pretty much every other multiplayer solution on consoles you pedantic assholes

We are talking about "the biggest" local multiplayer... getting together a bunch of people will be just as hard either way. And setting up TVs and cables is not difficult unless you are one of those people from infomercials who are completely baffled by simple everyday tasks.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

The difficulty is in getting the tvs etc to one location, not setting them up. Holy poo poo.

As I already said before, if you're getting that many people together, odds are some of them can do it, no problem. Like... you guys seriously are acting like LAN parties are a huge amount of effort/logistics. when they really aren't most of the time.

Even easier if the house that is hosting it already has a second TV.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 31, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

mycot posted:

You are being like Jivjov levels of pedantic here.

I'm not the one who started splitting hairs on what constitutes "pretty easy" when it's not even relevant to the point I was originally making.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Is that really an exchange that would happen.

thexerox123 posted:

If you have 8-16 people getting together to play video games, chances are a few of them will have relatively portable TVs and ethernet cables.

Like, seriously, have you people never been to a LAN party

Zat posted:

"Couch multiplayer" is actually a pretty established term that specifically excludes LAN play.

Source? Doing a search for it, I could only find evidence that it just doesn't mean internet play.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 31, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm trying to think of the logistics of what you'd need for a 16-man LAN party these days and I'm coming up with 8 free power sockets, one for each TV and one for each console and 16 controllers and I'm trying and failing to understand how setting all of that up is easier/just as easy as having one TV, one Wii U, 4 wii remotes and 4 classic controllers/nunchuks and the gamepad.

Who said it was easier/just as easy? Nobody was asserting that.

It doesn't matter how easy it was, because my only point was that their claim that it's the biggest local multiplayer struck me as funny.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

get with the times old man, everyone's got big rear end TVs and we're all used to online multiplayer

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know why anyone plays Mario Kart 8 online when they could just get 8 gamecubes and play 16 player Double Dash LAN

Then why is Nintendo bragging about having the biggest couch multiplayer?

Also, the games I'm talking about had 16-player online multiplayer, too. LAN parties are just way more fun.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Zat posted:

Well, I can't really find any actually reference-quality sources but that's how the term has been used. Local multiplayer without needing multiple consoles/computers/TVs.

Here's a random Wikipedia article which uses it in that sense: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative_gameplay#Couch_co-op_.26_online_co-op_modes

It still said "biggest couch-multiplayer experience" and you're pretty dense if you think it includes LAN games.

The link that you posted there equated couch multiplayer with local. Do you think local multiplayer excludes LAN games?

Nintendo probably did mean it that way, but that phrase definitely does not have a clear-cut meaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Where can I buy an accessory for my 3DS that will let me clip it to my belt.

I tried to post this right when the thread closed... you've probably found your own answer in the intervening half a day, but here's one option at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gomadic-Horizontal-Carrying-Nintendo-Integrated-Optional/dp/B0055E7RVQ