Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This seems somewhat relevant to the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Roobanguy posted:

Posted last page actually. :shobon:

Barkley 1 was awesome, and I expect this to be just as great, so I just dropped $25.

Whoopsie! Guess I missed it.

I wonder how much money is going to be spent on this when people get Christmas money.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

HMS Boromir posted:

As a paypal backer my curiosity as to the contents of the latest kickstarter update is slaying me like deadly gun's.

Hey now, gun's don't kill people, gun'sbrasters kill people.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

IXCE posted:

So there is sort of a new sequel to Shaq Fu game called Shaq Down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgX2IEkFemI

Is this canon?

According to the ToG twitter, it is violently not-canon.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This may be relevant to the thread.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GulagDolls posted:

don't; worry cboyardee. I'm a chomp master. I just got true ending of goblet grotto. I'm ready to chomp on anything

That... exists?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

If you are implying Space Funeral has no place on that list you are Mega Wrong

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 24, 2013

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I haven't been getting email updates, who should I bug about that?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah it's not there. I actually lost use of my old school email, which is where updates used to go. Now I use a gmail. I sent something to the ToG rat before, but I can send another thing.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

E: NM

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Never forget the Three Tile Rule...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gortarius posted:

but you can rest easy knowing that one day you will learn the mysterious truths, and all the pieces will snap into place perfectly.

what a whopper

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

notZaar posted:

This is awful. You can't rip on something that's already funnier than you are.

I am embarrassed by proxy for them.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Roobanguy posted:

Cyberdwarf would never betray Latta. :colbert:

Hey, for all we know, the main character secretly IS Latta.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wezlar posted:

It reminded me of Ogre Battle so I guess it was fairly common

I think especially considering that it's an old wizard what does it, it's safe to say that Ogre Battle was at least something that was being thought about, if not the direct inspiration

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

all them t-poses...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I thought we didn't raise enough money for a centralized gun'schematics system.

You misunderstand, we didn't raise enough money to NOT have a centralized gun'sschematic database

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bisse posted:

You can in fact breed a gun

I hope we get to rub them together while making kissy sounds to make this happen

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Makes sense, not everyone can be the Ultimate Hellbane.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I thought it was great the whole way through. I legitimately enjoyed it more than 99% of other RPGs I've ever played. Only Barkley I really gives it a run for its money in my book.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The cartoon punchy sound when the brother guy dramatically fell to the ground at the end was MAGICAL.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dang, pity all the tickets are sold out, I'd have paid to go just to see The Wizard...

Y'all aren't going to be doing any back alley wizarding before or after, are you?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

FunMerrania posted:

No regrets.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I await the release of The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa with unyielding enthusiasm and faith. I am as Linus in his vigil for the Great Pumpkin. Facts, reason, and even the passing of years will not shake me.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Freakazoid_ posted:

That's easy. Ask if there's a point where X114JAM9 is rescued by a female :v:

I was gonna ask if this game has a dog companion that changes breed based on the location.

The important thing is, does it make toast anywhere.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I got a hold of a Monday pax ticket from a friend. Is the wizard present today?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Stopped by PAX this morning, probably going to stop by again this afternoon when the Wiz is in. I can say, at the very least, that a demo build of Barkley 2 is Real, and is Strong, and is my friend. Pity I had to abandon it about 40 minutes in or so due to a memory leak. Still a lot of fun, tho.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gortarius posted:

Protip's:

Do Erics Pet quest, he is near the blacksmith at Tir na Nog. It's pretty good, I think.

Find the Clown in TNN and the old man at the Industrial Zone, they are pretty funny, I think.

If you go to the Swamps, breed some really good gun's. It's really overpopulated because we didn't have the time to readjust the maps to be more balanced.

I did Eric's quest, and I got him the job! Even though I fessed up to the shopkeep after turning in that resume. Oh well, didn't seem like a top-rent shop anyways.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

You get some pictures of that fukkin cyberdwarf.

Sorry dude, the Wizard was there, but there weren't no cyberdwarf. Wish I was free during the past few days, or else I could have gone to the events where he was...

That being said, the Wizard was hands-down the best thing I experienced at PAX.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

owl milk posted:

here's some guy's lovely footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZtyL3dTv0
talking to people. spoilers if you want everything to be new (i only saw a few minutes)

Yo, that's me. I totally overlooked the gun and money on the table like a chump.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The ToG boys and the guy behind itch.io all come from the same Internet culture hearth...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Treebeh posted:

ranch, or cool ranch?

ran*pow*

code:
S U B 
H U M A N

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

staplegun posted:

Is Tides of Numenera supposed to be bad? I know nothing about it other than it's a spiritual sequel to P:T, the Best Video Game of All Time. That and it's been in EA since loving forever which I don't know why the hell anyone would play through an RPG of all things in EA.

Hard to say, it's only available via early access right now. Seems reviews of the early access form are mixed. We'll see when it comes out for real, but I anticipate it will probably not live up to the original Torment, even if it's pretty good.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gortarius posted:

god bless all gamers.

Game in courage

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

WarpDogs posted:

haha yeah, i love post-irony. i'm sure their script from 2012 is very good and will definitely play in 2017

I agree!

for instance, Barkley 1 holds up great!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think the major problem was that they put all their eggs in the GameMaker basket and it ended up having big problems for them in a way they didn't expect, and then they ran out of money.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

poo poo I forgot all about la mulana 2 and I backed it at like 40 dollars or something

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think they used the money to cover their cost of living while working on the game and don't have any anymore but they didn't finish the game yet

One imagines they are still currently working on it on the off hours of whatever day jobs they have now

So it might be a while

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

calling it a scam implies bad faith, and I believe the ToG boys always meant well. they just underestimated the scope of what they were doing

I mean, I also played the demo at PAX a couple years back, and it seemed pretty dang cool and not-scammy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

If nothing else, if they really do formally throw in the towel I hope they at least release whatever build it was they brought to PAX 2016. I had fun for the half hour I played it