Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Welp gonna have to get this for sure now. I burned out on Terraria but hoping this is Harvest Moon enough to get me more than 17 hours.

V I was already interested but and steam isn't a make or break deal but when it is something I already have interest in then it really does add enough to make it a must buy. It's not like I haven't bought indie games straight from developers, but I like having a steam version if at all possible and it is enough to tip the scales in some cases.

Chump Farts fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

All of this music is awesome. This game is awesome. I would throw all my money at my computer if I could play it now.

Any word when this thing is supposed to come out? Feels like this has been around a while now.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

When is this thing supposed to be out?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

FrickenMoron posted:

This thing is more vaporware than Star Citizen.

But can I donate 100,000 dollars for cows that may be real some day?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

BlondRobin posted:

Just a note, the original developers of the Harvest Moon series recently left the company that owned the Harvest Moon name, so that's developed by an entirely new team. Which isn't always a bad thing, especially for a game like Harvest Moon that's gone on for a long time- new blood, new ideas, etc.

Unfortunately, the reality of it is...

(the actual Harvest Moon team is instead developing Story of Seasons. Which sadly being with Nintendo is not likely to come out on PC.)

The good news is, it's unlikely that game will poison any well because it's so low-effort most people probably won't notice it. We're past the days when literally every release got attention, for better or worse.

Story of Seasons is already out and a good game.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Babby Sathanas posted:

lol it's like Rune Factory 4 all over again.

Also a good game. What did Europe do to make Marvelous hate you so?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I just want to farm animes on my computing machine.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

So you're telling me my wife would have to buy a second game and play via the Internet to become my anime wife? The 3D world is a cruel mistress.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Rune Factory 3 and 4 are extremely good poo poo.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I'm buying this and Fire Emblem. Embrace anime.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

Expect at least a couple more months for multi-player. Someone posted earlier that the guy stated MP had to be shelved because he added so much content since then.

I expect him to do bug fixes for 3-6months, then work on getting multi back in.

Don't worry gents, soon you'll get to Eiffel Tower your favorite NPC then argue about who's the father of the baby when it comes.

Can you marry player characters? I want to gently caress my wife... but as an anime.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

Please don't drag the Starbound stuff into this thread, thank you friends.

The Animal Crossing thing in the thread title got my hopes up super bad and I'm still salty about getting bamboozled like that but I am looking forward to this game still, can't wait to buy it and then play it.

You hand presents to sexy anime babes until they love you so it's sort of like doing dry cleaning for an elephant

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

No videos for me I want to go in pure like the newly fallen snow that is covering my entire life atm.

Playing Spring in the game will be a refreshing change from a world in which I shovel before my morning coffee or poo poo when I don't even have to go to work.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I hope this takes from HM64 and has people be alcoholics and abusives and other hosed up weirdos that exist in real life. I will become one with them in the anime dimension.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

YES bread posted:

One of the waifus lives in a trailer with her alcoholic mother. will you be the one to sweep her off her feet and take her away from all this???

Only if she is as mean and sassy as Karen.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I'm awake on February 26, 2016 and I'm not anime farming on my PC machine yet. Next steps?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

That is not a review. That is barely a synopsis.

Indie games are janky and the computer harvest moon that is supposed to have customization has lots of customization.

Check please.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Shirec posted:

Literally all I'm thinking about today

I have work, Fire Emblem, and a fuckload of housecleaning to keep my mind off of it.

2 hours, bitches.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Is it everything we dreamed in anime sleep? Really though I've got poo poo to do and wonder if I should prioritize this over Fire Emblem and being a functional married adult.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

The introduction worked just fine, then after I saw a bird on a post my screen is white gibberish that seems broken.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Well hitting Control Alt Delete gets rid of the graphics issues for reasons I don't understand. Hopefully they fix the issue for my lovely integrated graphics card.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I love this game. When can I start mining, though? I'm still getting used to not having the indicators for people like in the new games.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I just became one with the forest, man.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Man, in most HM games, I get into a rhythm where I talk to everyone every day. In this game, I get like, 4 people plus bar and don't even make it into the mines every day.

I hope there aren't some real time sensitive things because I'm just bumblefucking my way through.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Is there a way to make certain forage items more likely? Sure could use some horseradish.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

How do I see heart levels and poo poo for the cat? I think I see a water bowl for it, but not sure if there is other stuff I need to do besides pet it once per day.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Do these heart events have fake 50's love music? That poo poo owns. Also not having a full wiki for a game like this is disorienting.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I've just upgraded to four chickens in year one. I'm wondering if I hosed up. How much pasture does each animal need?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

How necessary is the heater? I'm getting ready for Winter. Four chickens, just bought two cows, but I need to know if I need 1, 2, or none.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Just had my first bad crash. Some event with Penny in the woods and I was answering questions and bam. I have so many plots to water and animals to pet again. I hope this isn't recurring.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Daztek posted:

That event is bugged, I think the first convo option doesn't crash the game. Should be fixed in the next update

Worked like a charm. Can I bouquet more than one anime lady?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

A witch came to my chicken coop and left a weird egg in it. I stuck the egg in the incubator so I could get a weird chicken. A few days later, I got a message about an explosion sound during the night, and went out to check on my chickens. The strange egg had hatched, and I discovered that I was now the proud owner of a red-eyed, raven-feathered chick named Grumbus.

I was a bit puzzled as to why Grumbus felt the need to literally explode out of the egg, but none of the other chickens seemed terribly fussed, so I shrugged it off and went about my daily routine. I realized my error when I passed by the south end of the chicken run and saw the eerie crystalline meteor embedded in it.

I understand now that Grumbus is more than just an odd chicken - Grumbus is a Destiny Chicken, born under the fiery light of a falling star. I am wary of what may happen if I expose the other chickens to the strange, violet stone, but the Star of Grumbus is harder by far than my steel pick; in fear of whatever doom the meteorite may portend, I have invested a considerable sum of money and gold into having my pick upgraded further.

I can only hope the blacksmith finishes his work swiftly. The Star of Grumbus is clearly a terrible omen... but what it foretells, I cannot guess. I must crack open its rocky exterior and learn what I can before it is too late.

I didn't know there was an incubator. There's 3 chickens I didn't have to buy.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Supremezero posted:

Only once you get the first coop upgrade.

Ah okay. Thank you.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Home come the day after a festival where they were all pet and let outside and shut in after they went inside are my animals mostly sad except for two that are really loving happy?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Is Abigail's 10 heart event bugged? I'm entering the mine after 5 and it isn't triggering.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

According to the developer, the event number is 6. So look in the save file for eventsSeen and delete <int>6</int>. If you have the same problem with Leah (who apparently also often gets stuck), you nuke <int>54</int> instead.

EDIT: It probably doesn't need to be said, but if you're going to mess with your save game, back it up first!

EDIT2: Some references:

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/706245691383816194

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/706245797239631872

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/706310669247754240

Thanks for the answer. I guess I'll try bumbling around. Are these getting fixed next patch? Does the beta patch fix them? It mentions events but not these bugs in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Chump Farts posted:

Thanks for the answer. I guess I'll try bumbling around. Are these getting fixed next patch? Does the beta patch fix them? It mentions events but not these bugs in particular.

Responding this to say I don't have that event, it just isn't firing. Does it not fire in Fall?